I'm lvl61, and this happened just now! Please fix this!

This is only 2nd fight! I can understand if it happens at the very last, but...
Who ever designed this matching algorithm, please fix this!
h869kxzabe33.png
lz0m5lytc405.png

Replies

• Options
    Grow stronger. Use the force
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    What are your strongest characters like? (Not just the ones marked as favourites).
  • Options
    Phoenix square are my strongest characters.
  • Options
    I thought I was the only one! I have gotten stopped 3 days in a row at node 6. I am level 81, My Phoenix
    square are my strongest characters and they are lv 81, 7S.

4xy76hepoeie.jpg

Node 6 today has a Level 85 Sith team with Darth Nihilus leading with 2 zetas with EP on the team! How is that anywhere near fair?

g484gvx00w9e.jpg

If we can't balance the table better, can we reduce the requirement to Sim the table? I need 90 more completes before I can Sim. Doing the GW table is by far the longest part of the dailies that I do in game. While I expect to get caught a couple times a week on node 12 as part of progression, being stopped at 6 is just crazy. I am trying to get stronger but I need GW credits to help get me there and this is a huge bottle neck.

Thanks for taking the time to read!
  • Options
    I thought I was the only one! I have gotten stopped 3 days in a row at node 6. I am level 81, My Phoenix

4xy76hepoeie.jpg

Node 6 today has a Level 85 Sith team with Darth Nihilus leading with 2 zetas with EP on the team! How is that anywhere near fair?

g484gvx00w9e.jpg

If we can't balance the table better, can we reduce the requirement to Sim the table? I need 90 more completes before I can Sim. Doing the GW table is by far the longest part of the dailies that I do in game. While I expect to get caught a couple times a week on node 12 as part of progression, being stopped at 6 is just crazy. I am trying to get stronger but I need GW credits to help get me there and this is a huge bottle neck.

Okay, so I have been seeing a lot of these complaints, and I think they are justified. Something does NOT seem like it is working correctly. We can argue nits about which 5 are truly the strongest characters on these players' rosters, but the fact remains that they are encountering teams that are way stronger than is expected or reasonable.
    As a comparison, here is the team I fought yesterday on N9. No zetas, no synergy, junk mods. @PhillyJediShawn would walk all over them with his PS team.
    tK9VEim.png
    bn7hrpv.png
    bolYpHf.png
    5UdMg8n.png
    DOwIq9Z.png
    LX0NhmN.png

OP is still very early in GW and is probably going to struggle until their roster is built up.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

4xy76hepoeie.jpg

g484gvx00w9e.jpg

Okay, so I have been seeing a lot of these complaints, and I think they are justified. Something does NOT seem like it is working correctly. We can argue nits about which 5 are truly the strongest characters on these players' rosters, but the fact remains that they are encountering teams that are way stronger than is expected or reasonable.

I strongly disagree in the case described by PhillyJediShawn.

A. At node 12 he's supposed to meet teams with higher combined power than his 5 highest power toons combined.

B. Using Phoenix against sith with Vader and EP (even under zzDN lead) is supposed to make it even harder. Phoenix are weak against those teams. Using a weak team instead of a counter team is supposed to be hard — even if they were on equal power level.

• BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I strongly disagree in the case described by PhillyJediShawn.

A. At node 12 he's supposed to meet teams with higher combined power than his 5 highest power toons combined.

B. Using Phoenix against sith with Vader and EP (even under zzDN lead) is supposed to make it even harder. Phoenix are weak against those teams. Using a weak team instead of a counter team is supposed to be hard — even if they were on equal power level.

On node 12 he is supposed to meet teams with 15-20% more GP than his. Now your point about Phoenix Squad vs Palpatine/Vader is spot on. His roster does also appear a bit top heavy which can be tough in GW as even against properly power balanced teams you can still lose characters. However it does not address that the team on that node (node 6) should be slightly LESS than his [insert metric of choice you think the game uses to determine your opponents in GW]. However we can't see the GP of his team, just the health/protection so tough to get any raw data from it.

Would also be a good idea if people would go to the training menu from the roster screen so we can see the actual power number of your best characters when determining if it is just a good synergy team that happens to be a hard counter to your best team, or actually supremely over powered.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    You're right, we can't see the power of his team or the opponents. However, we see that:

His team are all 7*, while the opponent team is 4 x 6* + 1 x 7*.
    His team are all lvl. 81, while the opponents are all level 85.
    The opponent has 2 zetas — he probably has none (5 x level 81).
    The opponent has 3 x g7 + 2 x g8. He has 5 x g7 (his words).
    We don't see stats, omegas and mods.

As I've learned, the matchmaking is not based on GP but rather on some 'stat power' calculation, which is different. I'm not even sure, that omegas and zetas are included in that calculation. Anyways, the match doesn't seem too far off in this case, and might even be spot on.
  • Options
    Absolutely no reason that anyone should be facing groups of foes higher than what your level is. Period.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Cavalcade wrote: »
    Absolutely no reason that anyone should be facing groups of foes higher than what your level is. Period.

I can think of plenty of reasons.
  • Options

I think he meant to say extremely higher than what your level is.

70 is higher than 65, but at the end of a GW not that out of line. But 85s at the end of a GW for a level 65 would in my opinion be out of line.

As to your previous point that it may be a hidden rating that the game uses to calculate your opponents, That may be true but it may just be GP. Plenty of GW guides that I read have had people take GP and compare it to their own over several GWs and they all came up pretty close to having a uniform relation.

Until the change over a month ago threw a monkey wrench into it.

My GW after the reset this evening were all within ranges given on these guides of my top 5 GP. (no super high powered teams today) Battle 11 was a tough Phoenix Squad but when I looked at the GP ratings, it all seemed to match up.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    BucMan55 wrote: »

I think he meant to say extremely higher than what your level is.

I can't discuss what Cavalcade means - only what he expresses in his comments.

• Options
    Again, I agree that node 12 should be tough, this was node 6 and way out of my league. I am still leveling (level 81) and it is not easy to raise several teams to complete GW. There is simply not enough credits and training droids to go around. I have a Empire team as well but they average 5S and are torn apart on that node. My point was not that I was being stopped at node 12 where I already collected most of my GW tokens, but at 6 where most are still yet to have been collected.I need those tokens to get stronger, but at node 6, I only get 400/day, that is 1 purchase from the store. It will take forever to get the toons needed to get stronger. I am under no disillusion that I should be able to clear this every day, but I do expect to get past node 6 almost everyday. This was days of not getting to complete node 6.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Still, your team was full 7*/g7 while the opponent had 4 members at 6* and only 2 members with 1 extra gear level each. In that regard you don't seem to have a disadvantage. Furthermore, you used a Phoenix team against a sith team which included Vader, EP, Sidious and Dooku who all have skills that specificaly target your Phoenix team members. Check them yourself. There are several.

Again: Using a weak team instead of a counter team is supposed to be hard — even if they were on equal power level.

This is not a case of a mismatch against an overpowere enemy. It's a case of using a team which by design is weak against that specific opponent (of reasonable power compared to your team).
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Options
    Anyone mind telling me what metrics are being used to tell that this is a reasonable node 4 for me? Happened just now. I realize that I could spend some credits to level my characters up slightly, and that I have a single t4 upgrade I could assign, but I've been trying to keep/develop squads with a mind for roster depth. Came into this game blind and just started reading guides about a week ago for who to farm first, which is why my star tiers are ****. Barris, Ezra, Vader, Boba, and Zeb are my top 5 by GP, and after that the next 5 (Chopper,KRU, Kanan, Hera, and Jango) are all between 4.9k and 4.1k. The past 2 days I was able to do full clears of GW between PS and my **** synergy team (Bariss, Vader, Boba, Jango, KRU), occasionally having to burn either imperial troopers, scoundrels, or both. The past 4-5 days before that I kept hitting stone walls on node 4-6. Any explanation? Should I just say screw it and ignore GW for the most part until I hit 85? Is it working as intended to have the node 4 team have their weakest member be 150% the power of my most powerful character?

730f4kltaebt.jpg
    c8idfygsa6uu.jpg
    m6ewblptk5jk.jpg
    31yx19c34ygb.jpg
    canf43delboe.jpg
    sp3wen2c91n5.jpg
    3lmllz8niko8.jpg
    iga1gf2dhf8m.jpg
    gy4s6yxv7akw.jpg
    2mhc3urafr8l.jpg
    hp3ddgtg6606.jpg
    g8vrkkbed2uo.jpg
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    That seems odd indeed, @CyberHobo. The metrics (AFAIK) is the old stat metric, not GP, but this match—up seems way off indeed. Since you documented it well, I'd suggest that you report this to EA. The more of these well documented reports the better.
  • Options
    @Waqui Thanks for validating, threw different strategies and group compositions at it for about an hour before just giving up. Where do I report this to at EA? Also no better this morning when I reset GW. Node 1! is an instant brick wall again. Zero GW currency today and only 200 yesterday. Cannot grind or farm like this.
    lej7qg8jwwc4.jpeg
    mjh55rlg72vt.jpeg
    uebp33cdgijs.jpeg
    iy7wvdo8k0hz.jpeg
    8zkydp1evird.jpeg
    h83qu5x7uyrk.jpeg
  • Options
    One thing I am noticing when people who are struggling post their roster is their gear for their guys is way spread out and some on characters who wont ever be used, focus on certain core characters and gear them and stop wasting gear on unusable characters, gear is more important than stars.
  • Options
    Who ever designed this matching algorithm, please fix this!

I second that, but there might just be a way for you to fix this by yourself. Have you borrowed any character from an ally recently who is quite a bit ahead of you in terms of level and gear? This may have something to do with it. I had a surprisingly easy GW run just now after deleting my main account from my alt account's ally list. Whereas yesterday, I had opponents on node 3 that were in my main's level range. Coincidence? Maybe. But also something worth trying, imho.