Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• "Hey, we still haven't figure out how to program it so you set defense! We're working on it!"

Seriously? They STILL can't figure out how to roll out a new thing without breaking it? You would have thought that after we all figured they were incompetent after the first GA, they would have made *sure* the second went out well.
  • "Hey, we still haven't figure out how to program it so you set defense! We're working on it!"

Seriously? They STILL can't figure out how to roll out a new thing without breaking it? You would have thought that after we all figured they were incompetent after the first GA, they would have made *sure* the second went out well.

the whole design of grand arena at its core is broken imo. i dont think they are very competent because this is what they chose to develop instead of features that the community could get around. grand arena brings alot of toxicity to the game and it all can be blamed on the designers.

the entire month of december is going to be painful and hopefully by the end of december ea/cg realizes how bad an idea grand arena is and hot detrimental it is to the game and they put it on the shelf like tournaments.

i actually would prefer tournaments over the grand arena even though the tournaments werent much fun either.
  • all these things, GA, TW, arena, they're just 'who's is bigger' contests, nothing more. It's getting old and annoying, and I'm a hair's width from uninstalling the game.
  • Perdogie wrote: »
    GA quickly took TW’s place as my least favorite part of this game. Of all the things players have asked for to be added to this game, not once had I heard anyone ask for a 1v1 TW. The timesink is starting to get out of hand again. Mainly because of these mod-locking events. After each HSTR most of my roster has been stripped of all of their mods from moving my best sets around, and now every time one of these GAs or TWs come around I need to go through and remod my entire roster. Ok, maybe ~30-40% of my roster, but that’s still ~50+ toons to remod. The only way I can think of to expedite the process is save a “default” loadout for each toon, which is a mindnumbing headache in itself, plus battling the perpetual “you can’t assign these mods because your inventory is full” message.
    I wish I could just opt out of the Grand Arena process all together. It’s too time consuming, it isn’t fun, I always get matched against maxed Trayas and Revans which I have neither unlocked... and I don’t want to simply not play it because then I’m forcing the opponent into having a not fun experience which isn’t fair to them.
    Idk
    Rant over
    F ga

@Perdogie -- you can opt out. Just don't sign up for GA when it's active.
  • @Perdogie -- you can opt out. Just don't sign up for GA when it's active.

While, you can opt out, you give up a pretty sizable amount of mod Salvage that can help you take mods to the highest level. And mods are certainly the most important thing in the game if you desire to do well in any area. So I can see why it feels 'not optional'.

I've certainly never seen it as optional, the salvage is just too darn important not to be forced to participate.
  • I’m disappointed that for the third time in a row my opponent hasn’t even tried to attack my defense, but at least I haven’t lost a GA match yet lol. I would like to see how my defense holds though.

For me has been opposite. This is the 2nd time my opponent set no defense and just attacked. So I get no banners/points for the attack phase. Luckily I still have more from defense then they do from attacking.

There should penalties for not participating in all phases or I should say a bonus to the player that does if the other does not.
  • I’m disappointed that for the third time in a row my opponent hasn’t even tried to attack my defense, but at least I haven’t lost a GA match yet lol. I would like to see how my defense holds though.

For me has been opposite. This is the 2nd time my opponent set no defense and just attacked. So I get no banners/points for the attack phase. Luckily I still have more from defense then they do from attacking.

There should penalties for not participating in all phases or I should say a bonus to the player that does if the other does not.

Same for me. Not only did I miss out on 400k this time. I missed out on 300k last time.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb can we increase bracket sizes and rewards so that instead of having an 8 man bracket we have a 16 or 32 or even 64 person bracket.

The extra rounds will mean that players who are uninterested will filter away from those who are interested. Hopefully this will produce a more competitive last 3 rounds for those players that are interested.

I say this as someone who has been placed into a bracket where i am the obvious #1 seed. There are two others who could be competitive based on their rosters and mods and 5 others that are easy wins.

Assuming that the #2 and #3 seed are interested and they draw each other in the second round I will have just one round in grand arena that I consider a challenege.

If I draw one of them in the second round and one in the final I will be very happy.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb can we increase bracket sizes and rewards so that instead of having an 8 man bracket we have a 16 or 32 or even 64 person bracket.

The extra rounds will mean that players who are uninterested will filter away from those who are interested. Hopefully this will produce a more competitive last 3 rounds for those players that are interested.

I say this as someone who has been placed into a bracket where i am the obvious #1 seed. There are two others who could be competitive based on their rosters and mods and 5 others that are easy wins.

Assuming that the #2 and #3 seed are interested and they draw each other in the second round I will have just one round in grand arena that I consider a challenege.

If I draw one of them in the second round and one in the final I will be very happy.

Good work. You've done well. Roster development is more work than the actual battles.

And bigger brackets would be fun.
  • 12 gold mod salvage is pretty crap for a two day round. Considering the amount of time GA takes (with an individual player doing more than they usually would in TW) the rewards should be TW esque rewards for each round
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    12 gold mod salvage is pretty crap for a two day round. Considering the amount of time GA takes (with an individual player doing more than they usually would in TW) the rewards should be TW esque rewards for each round
    12 salvage for each of the three rounds is pretty good. You can get 36 salvages if you are 3-0

The amount of work is less in GA than in TW which is more time consuming
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    12 gold mod salvage is pretty crap for a two day round. Considering the amount of time GA takes (with an individual player doing more than they usually would in TW) the rewards should be TW esque rewards for each round
    12 salvage for each of the three rounds is pretty good. You can get 36 salvages if you are 3-0

Hmm not sure it's less than tw, yeah you can do it all in your own time but setting 6 defences and attacking 6 times is more than I do in TW and I imagine it's not the average. TW is a 2 day event and each player gets zetas, omegas, currency, and hear this event is what, 5 days? We get stun cuff salvage and 6* mod salvage

Some argue 6*mods aren't even a good idea since they can only go on G12 7* toons, the c3po being a perfect example of how 6* mods may not have helped the majority of players who don't have ewoks at that level, this preventing mod swapping
  • Hey peeps :)
    I'm a bit confused.
    Is auto-deploy working or do I have to re-assign the Defense teams I've used in the 1st round?
  • Yeah, this mode is for the birds. The game is already a massive time sink on a daily basis. If the mode was actually fun (my opinion), maybe I'd be more inclined to play more.

I don't have time to take mode off toons (and that's a lame premise to begin with), I'm basically F2P with a GP of 3.1, so I'm matched up against mostly whales.

Once again, whales get richer. This game needs to try and balance that a bit better.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Hey peeps :)
    I'm a bit confused.
    Is auto-deploy working or do I have to re-assign the Defense teams I've used in the 1st round?

The auto deploy is not what you think it is. It worked for the first round (not for all of them) for those who didn't set defense. I think they turned it off after that tho.
    The auto deploy goes down your roster and sets everything from best to worst in groups of five.. So I've seen randomly mixed teams like cls, palp, ventress, thrawn, and bastilla together...
    It's more of a punishment for joining and intentionally not placing defenses.. which is awesome lol
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Hey peeps :)
    I'm a bit confused.

Apparently instead of making Auto-Deply a quality of life change to help us remember to place defences as it should put down what we have had put down before, what it actually does is instead ruin peoples chances at accomplishing anything on defence as it actively forces you to play the game the way the devs want you to play, by auto setting defences based on GP, making you have pointless squads on defence that won't hold, combined with having nothing to attack with.

Hopefully collector GP people catch on and put down low GP squads so they actually have a chance at winning some creds from the match they knew they were going to lose before the round started.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member

@ultra tw requires multiple checking through a day as you wait for your guild mates to clear zones. Ga you do on your own and you can sit down and do it in 20 minutes if you want.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Yes, that was what I was going for. Maybe its not the same in every guild, but in my guild we have to constantly check until a territory has been cleared so that we can attack the next territory or we are waiting for other players to open up territories which might take a few hours

in GA it takes 5 minutes to battle teams and quickly exhaust your roster to the point that there isn't anything left to try or use against the team you are going against
  • For some reason im not in the event. I press holotable and it says there is no current event. However I still get rewards. I never got the chance to sign up after last time. It just went blank
  • Naz83
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    They should really make something with the matchmaking. I just wrote in the second round to the opponent, that i wish good luck for him in the next round, cos' i wont bother to set any defense on this round seeing his roster. 48 G12 characters against my 22. He can easily set up full G12 squads for defense and offense. I think i will reparticipate in Grand Arena, when something has been done with it. Its just not that fun that your opponent runs through you like a train. Im not saying that everyone must win every match, but when there is no hope to win it, than it is not fun anymore.
  • You can give yourself the Grand Arena! Where is the fairness if I meet an opponent with Revan? I have no Revan. In any case, my opponent has one team more than me despite the same GP! Yes, that's really fair. Thank you!
  • OldBen
    55 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So basicly everybody in here is crying about how much they suck and that they cant win GA Matchups because they have a bad roster? Mhh...

Watch the language, please. - EA_CIan
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Seriously most the people on here are saying grand arena sucks because they suck. Jeez, just take some time and build a good roster. This is an excellent game mode that promotes REAL competition. I think the bottom line is, there are a bunch of people who play this game, who think they can get one meta character and dominate everyone, the kinda people who dont even use mods, and then whine about getting whooped. This game takes strategy, that's what makes it great, and diverse.
  • Naraic wrote: »

@ultra tw requires multiple checking through a day as you wait for your guild mates to clear zones. Ga you do on your own and you can sit down and do it in 20 minutes if you want.

Agreed, plus something many seems to forget is that the rewards from GA (or any event) isn’t like getting paid to do a job, you also do them because you (supposedly) enjoy it and have fun doing it. If you really diskike GA that much maybe consider not playing it and just focus on the other parts of the game you like better? And if you want to reap some rewards for minimal effort just set up some defenses and don’t bother with attackkng. I really don’t see what all the fuzz is about.
  • @DarkGod: that means you have a real incentive to farm Revan now! Hes free to play, so that is on you...
  • "Oh my god someone beat me with Revan, and I dont have Revan. This entire game is ****!😭" 😂🤣🤣
  • I've made the unfortunate mistake of increasing my overall GP to help in TB, which means I am constantly overpowered in GA, rendering this whole section of the game utterly pointless.

My game plan is to join every GA event, but do nothing and scoop up second place prizes.

It's a shame because it's very boring for both me and my opponent.
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    "Oh my god someone beat me with Revan, and I dont have Revan. This entire game is ****!😭" 😂🤣🤣

Sometimes, in this forum, you get answers from children who apparently do not have the opportunity to think about what they are writing.
  • @Ninjah9 You are a happy child that we can not meet in the GA. Improve your Rooster, then maybe you can challenge me young kid.