Are they breaking up arena shards?

f1mbqxhrgjxg.png
In a discussion with other players from my arena shard, the idea was brought up that the wording in this paragraph seems to indicate that they are breaking up arena shards in favor of a new system entirely ... Any thoughts? Or are we confused?

Replies

• Options
    Nop, I don't understand where you get that indication. The last paragraph is about new pvp mode and not arena shards.
  • Options
    "like the sharding system, this was a feature that worked for some time...'

"In conjunction with 1:1 PvP, this begins to give you all opportunities to explore competition outside of your shards..."

How would a payout change let you explore competition outside of the shard?
  • Options
    It won't, it'll just shuffle people around in the same shard. You're right, it's probably poor wording but we should ask for clarification.
  • Options
    The Grand Arena begins to give you all opportunities to explore competition outside of your shards
  • Options
    Will do! Thanks
  • Options
    There is a trick. I see something like that :
    As soon as you will change your PO, you will change arena. It's a way for them to put everyone with the same PO in the same arena and therefore giving away less Chrystals. Generosity and EA are oxymores. Don't be fooled.
  • Options
    Poor and confusing wording by CG? Noooo... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    They were talking about shardless new arena mode. What confusion here?
  • Options
    People can't read gurd. They skip lines and then mind is blurn.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »

The whole quoted post talks about timezone changes

"In conjunction with shardless 1:1 PVP, this begins to give you all opportunities to explore competition outside of your shards, and we are excited about that."

Except it doesn't give you an opportunity to explore competition outside of your shard, does it?
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

"In conjunction with shardless 1:1 PVP, this begins to give you all opportunities to explore competition outside of your shards, and we are excited about that."

Except it doesn't give you an opportunity to explore competition outside of your shard, does it?

Pay attention, the first part of the road desrcibes the grand Arena, which is a shardless pvp. If you would all read the whole road ahead , you might have an actual idea whats going on. Instead of one paragraph.
  • Options
    If I'm wrong, I'm wrong (which I want to be), but I truly think regarding the existing system, the wording is unclear and alludes to the idea that they want to change it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Pay attention, the first part of the road desrcibes the grand Arena, which is a shardless pvp. If you would all read the whole road ahead , you might have an actual idea whats going on. Instead of one paragraph.

I did read it, careful enough at that. One of these things "gives you an opportunity to explore competition outside of your shard", other one doesn't. So where's the conjunction?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

"CG_SBCrumb

Nope, it does not change your shard/server"

There is the answer. No conjunction ;).
  • Options
    @Kyno please close.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
    There seems to be speculation that changing ones timezone may also change their shard/server. May we have some clarification?

Sending my love and all the best! :*
    P.s. ROLL TIDE ROLL!
    Nope, it does not change your shard/server

This discussion has been closed.