Leveling up not raising power

BUGABOO
18 posts Member
edited December 2015
This bug has happened to me twice when leveling up. It just happened when leveling up my Luminara...when leveling, the animation that shows the increase on the stats like +3 kinda freezes...when it is suppose to show you the overall power increase animation...the numbers don't come up. When you tap on the screen...it shows you the number of the power but it never goes up at all...I had the power stat written down before leveling to the next level because I was afraid something like this would happen again and unfortunately it did.

This bug deserves immediate attention to try to duplicate it...can happen easier if leveling by one level each time rather than leveling multiple times in one go.

My real worry is that the bug is not just an animation bug but rather actually affecting the stats...that is a really unfair bug. Your character would be weaker than another persons with the same level and gear.

I also noticed a bug with my Barriss...i have upgraded my leader skill on Barriss to where it is at 17%, yet on the area ranks section...it shows my leader skill only being at 15% which is one level lower.

Edit: Just happened a 3rd time when leveling up Dooku...his power did not go up at all...is this bug happening more often now? Would really like some input on this since it is a very bad bug if it is affecting stats. Restarting the app does not correct this issue either...playing on ipad air 2 if that helps.
Post edited by BUGABOO on

Replies

• Options
    Never experienced this so far. Looks like a serious issue if this is the case.
    Jesse any thoughts? Can you make a screenshot the next time it happens?
    Im sure things will be set in motion faster this way.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Dam, good call...I should have gotten a screenshot...thanks so much for this idea...might do some recording and try to catch it again while I level some of my low levels by one at a time since that way it won't be expensive. Thanks for the suggestion.

I truly hope that it is a visual bug with the power not going up but internally it did rise.
  • Options
    @ Bugaboo your welcome :)

I also hope it's a visual bug because I can imagine it does have an affect on your gameplay.
    Hope we get more feedback about this.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I'm finding the more I level my characters the more my power level drops in the arena
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    I get this all the time.

It's a display bug. Your power has increased from before leveling up. I've developed a habit of checking everytime, unless you didn't actually level up.

Your power level does not drop in the arena unless you change heroes.

Your rank however, is unrelated.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    I have the same issue in arena ranks sections with the text not matching the upgraded leader skills
    Any chance this is being looked into
  • Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What Keavon said. I have it happen all the time, if you check your power level prior to leveling up you will see that is does indeed increase despite not showing the increase on the animation.

It seems to happen randomly but I can cause it to happen by tapping the screen during the beginning of the animation sequence, rest assured the power level does increase, just look at your power level before upgrading to remove any doubts.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    As others have said, the number actually changes before the animation. Check carefully next time and you'll see it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Sonic90
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm referring to the arena rank sections where you see the leaderboard, a picture of your leader, description of your leader skill and your own rank. The leader skill shows level 4 stats when it was upgraded to level 5
    Any chance anyone have feedback on this?
  • Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sonic90 wrote: »
    I'm referring to the arena rank sections where you see the leaderboard, a picture of your leader, description of your leader skill and your own rank. The leader skill shows level 4 stats when it was upgraded to level 5

I never noticed that on minemine. Edit I see what you mean now, I check on her main character screen and it's the same, I'll check next time I upgrade her leader skills
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    I went through old posts in the forum and noticed a few cases of this, although there haven't been much feedback on the issue
    If anyone knows whether the skill is still in effect or not let the board know
    Happy holidays !
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Sonic90 wrote: »
    I posted this a long time ago when @EA_Jesse posted feedback on the bug where abilities show higher levels before being upgraded and appear to be downgraded.

There's been no response to this, or about 50 other more important bugs, such as players not receiving shards on pulls in chromium packs that they have purchased.

A new known issues announcement would be very helful.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Just happened to me, Sid going from 5 to 6 stars, the power showed 4706 before and after
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    As others have said, the number actually changes before the animation. Check carefully next time and you'll see it.

Why are people still confused after this has been said already. Is everyone just ignoring this? I agree with @Qeltar . The animation happens before you actually it changes.