Optimal NS team

What's the optimal nightsister team for arena? Nobody really uses them in my arena so I'm looking to take advantage.

Replies

• Options
    The team I see climb highest is Talzin lead, Asajj, Daka, Zombie, and Spirit.
  • Options
    Or Acolyte instead of spirit.
  • Options
    Assajj (l), talzin, daka, talia and zombie are the hardest for me to beat.
  • Options
    Asajj or talzin lead, daka, zombie and either talia or spirit
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Smygelfh
    72 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Spirit is the best overall 5th. There are fringe cases where a good Talia (or even Thrawn/Nest/GK) might be more useful. Acolyte is far worse. The Acolyte cheese scenarios would be won easily with a strong spirit too, it basically only works good agains bad teams, don't prepare for that.

MT lead is best in most scenarios, though that's less clear cut. Depends a bit on your playstyle as well what you're most comfortable with. Against Revan, MT is the superior lead. Against most teams, if you win comfortably with one leader, you probably win comfortably with the other one as well.

You will need to mod properly to have good success rates against the top teams no matter what team you're running. NS is very reliant on that.
  • Roxxas
    32 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What do you think if a mix team with Nest being 5th ?
    In theory looks really nice but she is costly ( still p2p for me) and dont want to waste a chunk of money/time/gear on her for nothing.

How is she as spirit alternative do you think?
  • Options
    NS is typically a faction that I wouldnt mix up, because everything that makes them good is their synergy.
  • Options
    U won’t take an advantage they r not a arena team they r easy wins not much of value in sith either nerf really killed them which is good the used to be irritating and I needed like 7k more power to win. Have beaten 18+ power teams in GW in squad would run out of time at that bridge in power. But u can whale out to 3zetas g12 all to make them useable until rest hit g12 they will be trash again lol
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    not much of value in sith either nerf really killed them

Untrue.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    No offence but i didnt ask whether they are trash or not, it is my decision to run them.

Just if you have any view on how a nest look with mt lead composition will be happy to know

Thanks
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Well maybe there r shards out there not as competitive. I’m mid game my shard consists of players that started 2 months before me. Just hit lvl 84 will be 85 next week so closing in. There r exactly 6 NS in top 50. I have no zetas 5* EP no thrawn run ep lead team. In top 60 most above have 7* ep 5* thrawn advantaged on me. I’ll close that gap by the next thrawn event as most r not ready for thrawn and not the best because they have let jedi teams take over top 50. My undermanned EP team still can take them out in 4 minuets without power gap that comes when u r G10 and they r G11 will close that gap once I’m at 85 as well. Meta report last time I checked said 1% NS that doesn’t sound useful to me.
    TVF wrote: »

Untrue.
    and if untrue refers to raids then y is my guild running JTR teams phase one instead of NS? Because u can’t solo P1 with them anymore

• Options
    I run Asajj (L), Talzin, Daka, Zombie and Spirit.

If I'm facing a Nightmare team with a zSion, I'll switch out Spirit for Talia. I've heard Nest makes a great 5th, but I haven't tried it out.
  • Options
    and if untrue refers to raids then y is my guild running JTR teams phase one instead of NS? Because u can’t solo P1 with them anymore
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »
    What's the optimal nightsister team for arena? Nobody really uses them in my arena so I'm looking to take advantage.

Uh...
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    2smooth wrote:
    NS are for p3. Even I know that and I'm the one who thought acolyte was still a good 5th :p
    Post edited by CCyrilS on
  • Options
    Well maybe there r shards out there not as competitive. I’m mid game my shard consists of players that started 2 months before me. Just hit lvl 84 will be 85 next week so closing in.

I Am rather long time lvl 85 if that helps and i have Zep Zion and Zader in my arena shard but extremely tired of mirror matches with speed calculation and want to try something new. You would be amazed how many teams can nightsisters beat ( i have mt zeta at 5* and that team just smashes anyone at least equal their GP )
    YKMisfit wrote: »

If I'm facing a Nightmare team with a zSion, I'll switch out Spirit for Talia. I've heard Nest makes a great 5th, but I haven't tried it out.

Can you please explain how it works? I have rather geared talia too so would appreciate some techs. I thought spirit is rather mandatory vs the nightmare (and nest seems amazing vs nightmare with her opening AOE Daze)
  • Options
    You have to have a really fast Talzin for it to stand any chance on defense. I still run the Nightmare lineup and NS is by far the easiest team out there for me to beat, so fair warning there's a good chance you'll drop quite a bit. It depends on how advanced your shard is, but if you can get your Talzin close to the average Vader speed (keep in mind his unique), you might be able to hold a bit better.
  • Options
    Best Nightsister team? Take out Talzin for EzPz, Zombie for Sion, Daka for Vader, Ventress for Wampa, and Acolyte for Nihilus! Great team right there!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options
    Well maybe there r shards out there not as competitive. I’m mid game my shard consists of players that started 2 months before me. Just hit lvl 84 will be 85 next week so closing in. There r exactly 6 NS in top 50. I have no zetas 5* EP no thrawn run ep lead team. In top 60 most above have 7* ep 5* thrawn advantaged on me. I’ll close that gap by the next thrawn event as most r not ready for thrawn and not the best because they have let jedi teams take over top 50. My undermanned EP team still can take them out in 4 minuets without power gap that comes when u r G10 and they r G11 will close that gap once I’m at 85 as well. Meta report last time I checked said 1% NS that doesn’t sound useful to me.
    TVF wrote: »

Untrue.

Ns arent for arena? They can beat 300+ speed revans... So not really sure what are you talking about...
    Plus, ns arent for p1, they are for p3 or p4
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I think this is the point where I stop engaging....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Roxxas wrote: »
    What do you think if a mix team with Nest being 5th ?
    In theory looks really nice but she is costly ( still p2p for me) and dont want to waste a chunk of money/time/gear on her for nothing.

How is she as spirit alternative do you think?

It's definitely doable.
  • Options
    I think NS must require great mods and tenacity setup to be useful players at my stage lack that knowledge find by me lol.
  • Options
    Well maybe there r shards out there not as competitive. I’m mid game my shard consists of players that started 2 months before me. Just hit lvl 84 will be 85 next week so closing in.

I Am rather long time lvl 85 if that helps and i have Zep Zion and Zader in my arena shard but extremely tired of mirror matches with speed calculation and want to try something new. You would be amazed how many teams can nightsisters beat ( i have mt zeta at 5* and that team just smashes anyone at least equal their GP )
    YKMisfit wrote: »

Can you please explain how it works? I have rather geared talia too so would appreciate some techs. I thought spirit is rather mandatory vs the nightmare (and nest seems amazing vs nightmare with her opening AOE Daze)

Since Sion's taunt isn't tied to a buff on himself, but rather a debuff on the enemy that's attacking him, Talia's Water of Life special is needed to cleanse the Pain debuffs on your team so you can get around the taunt. It's not quite as important now with the new Zombie mechanic as NS won't revive with Pain after they've been killed.

But as you probably know as someone who runs Nightmare already, NS are a pretty easy kill on offence, so I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to switch to NS if you're mostly facing zEP in your shard already. You'll be able to beat most teams on offence with NS, but you'll probably drop a lot more than you do already.

If you still plan to run NS in the arena, I would still recommend Asajj lead instead of Talzin. The TM manipulation and offence boost under Asajj is far more useful in arena than MT's revive mechanic or the extra plague.
  • Options
    There are several reasons for NS team for me - as i already said i find mirror matches super boring, i think they are viable counter to many teams in arena, useful in TW/TB and when revan comes out next time i have a feeling that jedi will be dominating the arena and nightmare will become rather easy countered so this is also the future investment.

And yes, i don’t want to chase the revan meta despite the fact he look super solid

In my shard the nightsisters are either very easy to pass or unbeatable and i want to build the latter.

But i need to counter still many nightmare teams that i see and i thought of 2 options:

Fast spirit who will try to stun vader becore his opening AOE
    Nest who is also fast and will daze the whole team which will eventually shut the mechanics of nightmare

But not sure which way is better in the long run thus asking here.

And please do not recommend me zzEP team anymore :smile:
  • Options
    No offence but i didnt ask whether they are trash or not, it is my decision to run them.

Just if you have any view on how a nest look with mt lead composition will be happy to know

Thanks

I haven't been active this month, but I use Asajj lead, MT, NZ, NS and Daka. I can still make top, but like I said I have been busy with RL. Mine are modded well and are all GL 12 all 8 of them. MT is not as strong a leader as Asajj is, since I swapped back to her as lead I have held better on defense.

https://swgoh.gg/p/267725337/
  • Options
    Bahumat wrote: »
    Best Nightsister team? Take out Talzin for EzPz, Zombie for Sion, Daka for Vader, Ventress for Wampa, and Acolyte for Nihilus! Great team right there!

Brilliant. That wasn't anywhere near what I asked
  • Options

Then why bother responding? Unless it did help, and you are now enlightened enough to build Sith?
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Options

Then why bother responding? Unless it did help, and you are now enlightened enough to build Sith?

To make you aware that usually when people ask a question, they want an answer that relates to the question.