Best current JTR team for arena

Tbirds01
1235 posts Member
edited November 2018
Hello all, may the force be with you!
In today’s current meta JTR struggles to find a place. Mr. Mask and his beautiful white robes has taken over everything for the most part and a lot of teams are not the best like they used to be in arena.
All that being said, something I hope the community can share with me is what is the best of best arena team for arena that has a full resistance squad with JTR.
The only full resistance team that breaks into the top 50 in my shard includes JTR, bb8, r2d2, holdo, and scavenger Rey.
Is that best as of now for arena? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you in advance!😊
Note: I don’t have JTR yet, this is for the future when she comes back.
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

• Options
    I just got JTR and am also interested in the responses here as well. I've also seen some use droids with her so I'm wondering if that is a good route to go.
  • Options
    She's a great droid leader with R2 and BB8. The other 2 spots are usually some combination of T3-M4, L3-37, and IPD depending on the matchup (I've seen Chopper too, but he's not ideal).
  • Options
    I ran the droids with RT and Holdo. Scav Rey is good, but RT's TM gain and dispel are invaluable. He also hits nearly as hard as Rey does.
  • Options
    I've chosen not to use her in arena, but the team that I am really enjoying is JTR, BB8, Scav Rey, Finn and R2. I'm still leveling everyone up, JTR is 24 Bio implants away from gear 12, BB8 and Scav rey are 11, and Finn is 10. I don't have R2 fully starred yet either. Buuuut I have still be putting up decent numbers in raids. Just my input. I keep Finn around cause I love his stun chance, but I'll likely switch him out for Resistance Trooper or Holdo, depending on the raid/battle and once I get them fully leveled and geared.

JTR is a beast and completely upgrades the resistance faction. Excited for you to get her!
  • TVF
    36702 posts Member
    Options
    I ran the droids with RT and Holdo. Scav Rey is good, but RT's TM gain and dispel are invaluable. He also hits nearly as hard as Rey does.

This. I ran this team for a long time until I got Chewie and it's very strong. Even viable against Traya with good crit chance on everyone.

Unfortunately you're gonna get targeted because it's a few metas behind now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I’m using JTR in arena and I’m the only one who is in top 50 using JTR squad at my shards. All use Bastila Revan Palp or Traya Lead.

I’m using this sqaud:
    JTR (242) CC CD
    BB-8 (290) Spd Health
    R2-D2 (270) Spd Potency
    Thrawn (268) Spd Tenacity
    GK (212) Defense Health(2) w/ four 23.5% Prot. mods
    Zeta—JTR(ALL) R2(BOTH) BB(Roll) Thrawn(E&F)

With this squad, I can beat Jedi squad very easily. (zBastila zHY zGMY GK zEzra)
    Also, Palp sqauds are also easy. But Traya Lead team is really tough...

That JTR squad is much better than FULL JTR’s Resistance team.

GK is one of the best tank, and Thrawn’s FRACTURE is fantastic. Fracturing GMY or Sion or Traya is always great.
  • Options
    Thank you for the valuable info everyone. I’ve also considered running her with all the astromech droids. They’re all light side, so they’ll benefit from r2's zeta as well.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3modXULEGI

I've used this team effectively against all recent metas other than reworked zombie sisters, and jolee backed revan
  • Options
    I ran her with a couple of teams:

JTR BB R2 Holdo +1.
    I used Scav Rey at first but then swapped her for 7* Chewbacca. The Chewie team is better with guard on BB. Can hold Top 100 easy with ok mods.

The nastiest team I faced with her is definitely the one @Woodroward linked. It crushes, but I imagine it needs excellent mods.