Darth Revan Characters?

I think its obvious that Fallen Bastila and Canderous will be needed for him but what are the other three? I could see HK-47 and T3 but at the same time doubt, they would use a character most people already have at 7-Star or reuse a character from the LS Revan Journey. Also, I don't think they would use Malak for this event but instead make Malak the Tier 7 Boss.

Replies

• Options
    I agree Fallen Bastila and Canderous are obvious for Darth Revan. I am still on the fence on whether or not Malak will be required. If Malak is a Legendary (like I think he will be, just a feeling, not any specific reason why), then I do not believe he will be required. If he is instead a Marquee character (I doubt it), then I believe that he will be required. There is speculation from some GC's that HK-47 got/will be getting a rework, so I think he will fill the fourth slot. As for the 5th, I do not think Juhani will be required due to her not ever going back to the dark, but I don't know. I guess we will be getting a puzzle within the next month that fills the 5th slot, or we will likely get it dropped on us in the last week who we needed to have at 7*. It would likely be someone like IG-86 so they can sell expensive packs to make their second dose of "Revan"ue.. I do not think that they should drop Darth Revan until February at the earliest, but we will likely get it early January in order to surprise people, forcing them to buy packs. My 2 cents
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    Yeah, these 2 were the obvious ones. No other characters really fit. I always played KoTOR dark, so I never had Juhani as a companion, but it's my understanding that she doesn't turn with you even if you spare her in the grove. In the star forge system I've tried to get Jolee to fall, but there's no dialogue combo I've found to do it. You have to kill him to get dark Bastila back. Canderous and the droids stick with you, but you have to kill Carth, Mission, and Zaalbar. We just got the 2 toons needed to round out your endgame companions on a dark side playthrough, unless I'm forgetting someone.

I could see maybe Carth and Juhani being added for the first couple rounds of Darth Revan's Ancient Journey. The first event focused on the beginning of the game on Taris, and then there were battles on Tatooine and Korriban. We could use Carth and Juhani for battles on Manaan and Kashyyk then fallen Bastilla and Canderous for the star forge fights.

That's as far as I can stretch. I see a lot of wacky speculation, but that stuff never pans out. I don't see anything like throwing in KoTOR II toons or Kreia in (because she turns out to have been Revan's teacher) for this event. Maybe HK-47 gets a rework/OR tag. Maybe T3-M4 becomes the first neutral toon. Maybe they throw us a bone and Darth Revan's event only takes 2-4 new marquee characters instead of 5...

If you are playing dark, you can still get Juhani, you simply must opt not to kill her. You can redeem her or at least just spare her. You cannot turn Jolee dark, you must kill him and Juhani if you side with Bastilla. If Zaalbar is loyal to you and you have high influence with him, you actually don't need to kill him, you can have him killed Mission and Carth with you.

In regards to T3 becoming neutral, they did say that they wanted to make T3 the first neutral character but it messed some stuff up, so they were going to make it happen for the next (I'll assume game, rather than content) update. I wouldn't be surprised if this does come to fruition.

I hope they throw us that bone, that'd be wonderful. OR, here's a thought: a new event that isn't marquee and therefore doesn't cost hundreds of dollars to get!!
  • Options
    I would think Jedi Knight Revan would be required. A hero’s fall type of event.
  • Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »

They'd better bring the first event back first before releasing the new one then, like they did with BB-8 for JTR
  • Options

I actually really hope that's the case given that I shelled out a good bit of money for a version of Revan that I didn't want just in case it helps me get the version I do want lol.
  • Options

This better be the case.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    @DarthNekros Thanks, that confirms what I thought about Juhani. Every time I tried to spare her I got LS points, and that was unacceptable lol. I realize you can still have her for most of the dark playthrough, but I always went 100% dark choices.

Wasn't influence only a mechanic in KoTOR II? I mean dialogue choices have repercussions in the first one. Maybe I didn't play around enough with the dialogue options, but I don't think influence factored in.
  • Options
    I hope darth revan ends up being marquee and smashes jedi revan. Every 2 months the meta changes. People bought Revan, I bought a new TV.
  • Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    I agree Fallen Bastila and Canderous are obvious for Darth Revan. I am still on the fence on whether or not Malak will be required. If Malak is a Legendary (like I think he will be, just a feeling, not any specific reason why), then I do not believe he will be required.

Out of curiosity, why do you think that? They have never shyed away from using legendaries in Hero's journeys, So I don't see why they wouldn't use him.

Personally, follow Occam's razor here and assume all the dark side characters from OR will be eventually needed for Darth Revan; i.e, Fallen Bastilla, Canderous, Juhani, HK47, and Malak. There really isn't much wiggle room here to assume anything else.
  • Ryanswgoh16
    146 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Bluesabus wrote: »
    I agree Fallen Bastila and Canderous are obvious for Darth Revan. I am still on the fence on whether or not Malak will be required. If Malak is a Legendary (like I think he will be, just a feeling, not any specific reason why), then I do not believe he will be required.

Out of curiosity, why do you think that? They have never shyed away from using legendaries in Hero's journeys, So I don't see why they wouldn't use him.

Personally, follow Occam's razor here and assume all the dark side characters from OR will be eventually needed for Darth Revan; i.e, Fallen Bastilla, Canderous, Juhani, HK47, and Malak. There really isn't much wiggle room here to assume anything else.

In Knights of the Old Republic when you do a Dark Side ending the only characters available to use are: Revan, Fallen Bastila, Canderous, T3, and HK-47. You have to kill all the others.
    Edit: Misunderstood thought you meant canderous and bastila
  • Options

In Knights of the Old Republic when you do a Dark Side ending the only characters available to use are: Revan, Fallen Bastila, Canderous, T3, and HK-47. You have to kill all the others.

You can use Zaalbar too if you force persuade him
  • Options

Technically you can spare Juhani and Zaalbar, just takes some convincing. You do make a good point, but the way I see it is, CG takes snapshots of characters at certain moments in their stories due to the binary nature of the faction system in this game (LS vs DS). Even though Juhani is redeemed her kit in KOTOR as well as her affinity still fall closer to dark side than light, so personally I think it makes sense for them to release her as a dark side character, especially if they're going to repeat what they did with JKR (I could be wrong though, obviously).
  • Options

Technically you can spare Juhani and Zaalbar, just takes some convincing. You do make a good point, but the way I see it is, CG takes snapshots of characters at certain moments in their stories due to the binary nature of the faction system in this game (LS vs DS). Even though Juhani is redeemed her kit in KOTOR as well as her affinity still fall closer to dark side than light, so personally I think it makes sense for them to release her as a dark side character, especially if they're going to repeat what they did with JKR (I could be wrong though, obviously).

I dont think theyll release Jhani with Dark side. In the game shes dark side at first if you dont redeem her but when shes added to your party she never falls again. She is one you have to kill if you do a ds path
  • Options
    @DarthNekros Thanks, that confirms what I thought about Juhani. Every time I tried to spare her I got LS points, and that was unacceptable lol. I realize you can still have her for most of the dark playthrough, but I always went 100% dark choices.

Wasn't influence only a mechanic in KoTOR II? I mean dialogue choices have repercussions in the first one. Maybe I didn't play around enough with the dialogue options, but I don't think influence factored in.

Yes, you're correct on the influence only being part of KotOR II. I'm not exactly sure what the criteria is for making Zaalbar kill Mission: it could be needing Force Persuade, Persuade skill, or choosing a certain option on Kashyyyk for during his family quest. I'm sure that information is somewhere in the game wiki, I just am not positive at the moment.
  • Options
    I agree we need to research this and that it’s probably HK-47 rework. And the hypothesis that T3-M4 being neutral later on is awsome.
    However ea is a business that wants to make money and won’t make a requirement of Jedi revan for darth revan because that limits it to people who already have him.

P.s.
    I know this is off topic but is that a screen shot from wind waker if so are you a fan