Why pay money? P2P players are not very much better than F2P players

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Quim wrote: »
    But that's my point, it's just your opinion. You would rather spend that kind of money elsewhere were somebody else would rather not. What's crazy and valuable is in the eyes of the beholder.

But again the answer is: "Why pay money? P2P players are not very much better than F2P players"

If you spend 2000 dollars in rubber duckies at least you have rubber duckies and you can use it everyday in the bathtub, but if you spend 2000 dollars in this game, you don't have anything better that is not possible get for free, I can get the best characters of the game for free. I can't get rubber duckies for free, but yes I can get Dooku, Geonosian Soldier, Poe Dameron, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, Kylo Ren, Luminara, Sidious, Royal Guard, IG-86, Poggle, Daka, Ventress, Darth Vader, HK-47, and all the best characters for free, so why pay money? if you can get all for free.

Would be different if you can get Royal Guard only paying money, or only can get Dooku paying money, of if pay money is the only way to get Geonosian Soldier, to get Rey or to get IG-86, then will be interesting pay money, but I can get for free all these characters in less than 3 weeks each, and 3 characters at the same time, so pay money is not very intelligent, you don't need pay 2000 dollars to swim in the sea when it's free, you don't need pay 2000 dollars to walk in the street when it's free.

I like pay money, I don't like the illegal and free things, as download free music or download free films, maybe I download a game but if it's good I pay it, and I would like pay money in this game, but why? pay money is not an advantage, I can't do nothing with 1000 crystals, to get some advantage I need 300.000 crystals or more, to buy enough packs to get all characters with 7 stars, so pay 5, 10 or 20 dollars is not useful nowadays, EA need solve it, creating better character packs, better rewards for every pack, or reducing the cost of recharges.

Don't think of it as an advantage, think of it just from the standpoint of interest. Some people like variety in this game and try different things whether it's competitive or not. They spend money to have fun in their own way, whether their squads are competitive or garbage. This is a form of entertainment. If I wanted some real competition I'd go do powerlifting meets, this game is about fun, and it's frickin' Star Wars. LOL
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait until the meta shifts, and watch your rank slowly dropping because you won't have the toons it takes to stay on top.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    But again the answer is: "Why pay money? P2P players are not very much better than F2P players"
    short simple answer... Because I want to.
    longer answer...All the answers written in this thread that won't die.

Okay, but when I say that you are crazy, then you need know it, you need recognize that you are crazy, and then, if you recognize it, can be an acceptable answer :D

Because will be the same that say "I spend 2000 dollars to buy 1 liter of water of the sea, because I want", but if you do it, let me say that you are crazy. If you do crazy things, you need recognize you are crazy and don't get annoyed by this.

But this topic is not about the crazy people, is about the configuration of the game, that nowadays pay money is the same than nothing, is a gift to EA, is a donation.

I would like that pay money was interesting to get some advantage, that if you pay 10 dollars you can accelerate the progress 20 days, or get some character, for example a pack of 20 dollars when you can get Rey of 4 stars, Resistance Pilot of 4 stars and a Poe of 4 stars, it would be interesting for newbies, a pack named "Resistance pack!", EA can create different interesting packs and then would be interesting pay money to be grateful for the game, but pay 2000 dollars it's a crazy thing that demonstrates that the configuration also is crazy.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    But that's my point, it's just your opinion. You would rather spend that kind of money elsewhere were somebody else would rather not. What's crazy and valuable is in the eyes of the beholder.

If you spend 2000 dollars in rubber duckies at least you have rubber duckies and you can use it everyday in the bathtub, but if you spend 2000 dollars in this game, you don't have anything better that is not possible get for free, I can get the best characters of the game for free. I can't get rubber duckies for free, but yes I can get Dooku, Geonosian Soldier, Poe Dameron, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, Kylo Ren, Luminara, Sidious, Royal Guard, IG-86, Poggle, Daka, Ventress, Darth Vader, HK-47, and all the best characters for free, so why pay money? if you can get all for free.

Would be different if you can get Royal Guard only paying money, or only can get Dooku paying money, of if pay money is the only way to get Geonosian Soldier, to get Rey or to get IG-86, then will be interesting pay money, but I can get for free all these characters in less than 3 weeks each, and 3 characters at the same time, so pay money is not very intelligent, you don't need pay 2000 dollars to swim in the sea when it's free, you don't need pay 2000 dollars to walk in the street when it's free.

I like pay money, I don't like the illegal and free things, as download free music or download free films, maybe I download a game but if it's good I pay it, and I would like pay money in this game, but why? pay money is not an advantage, I can't do nothing with 1000 crystals, to get some advantage I need 300.000 crystals or more, to buy enough packs to get all characters with 7 stars, so pay 5, 10 or 20 dollars is not useful nowadays, EA need solve it, creating better character packs, better rewards for every pack, or reducing the cost of recharges.

Don't think of it as an advantage, think of it just from the standpoint of interest. Some people like variety in this game and try different things whether it's competitive or not. They spend money to have fun in their own way, whether their squads are competitive or garbage. This is a form of entertainment. If I wanted some real competition I'd go do powerlifting meets, this game is about fun, and it's frickin' Star Wars. LOL

There is no advantage huh?

None?

First let's define it.

ad·van·tage
    ədˈvan(t)ij/
    noun
    a condition or circumstance that puts one in a favorable or superior position.
    "companies with a computerized database are at an advantage"
    synonyms: upper hand, edge, lead, whip hand, trump card; More
    verb
    put in a favorable or more favorable position.

Advantage:

1. I get more toons to to choose from when there are meta changes. Advantage? Yes.
    2. I get newer toons faster.
    3. I get more shards than a F2P, i get around the same amount + around 5000 more shards every two weeks.
    4. I level up toons quicker
    5. I collect gear quicker (both 4 and 5 mean significantly better toons significantly faster)
    6. I can reset any timer but challenge timer, I collect character shards through cards much quicker.
    7. I get exclusive cards that you will never get, i.e. you need to have spent at least 100 for some.

Your right there are next to 0 advantages for a P2P

Meant to quote quimm
  • Options
    ITT: People writing blog entry length posts qq'ing about how other people spend their money.

Is this the SWGOH forums or Forbes magazine's website?

I have now seen it all. I hope everyone posting in this thread has an MBA because if not, there's no way any of you should be giving financial "advice" to people on the Internet.

Stop worrying about everyone else and enjoy the game at your own pace. If you don't want to spend, don't spend. That doesn't give you the right to be condescending about people that do.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Just wait until the meta shifts, and watch your rank slowly dropping because you won't have the toons it takes to stay on top.

What toons? I have all toons I need. I have Poggle, Geonosian Soldier, Luminara, Sidious, Kylo Ren, IG-88, IG-86, Poe Dameron, Asajj Ventress, Old Daka, Royal Guard, Darth Vader, Dooku, Jedi Consular, HK-47, Phasma, Resistance Pilot, Datcha, Talia, Chewbacca, Jawa, Ewok Elder, FOTP and Rey, also soon Qui-Gon Jinn, Eeth Koth, Barriss Offee and Yoda, and all for free with only 2 months. I'm playing hard nodes everyday of Royal Guard, FOTP and Rey, soon I will get they with 7 stars, I don't need pay money.

The only characters that I can't get for free are not better than my free characters, as Rex, Chirpa, Aayla Secura, Leia, Kit Fisto, I don't need any of these characters to be rank 1, and I'm improving my team everyday, for example I got 4 stars in Royal Guard 3 days ago and now I'm using he in the Arena, also soon I will be able to use Rey, maybe I will use Resistance Pilot in synergy with Poe (as leader) and Rey, so I can improve my team and I see that I will continue being rank 1 in my timezone at least 2 or 3 months very easy, maybe then more people will get good teams, but I will continue improving my team to ensure continue getting the rank 1 everyday.
  • Options
    Nice essays, bro.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    short simple answer... Because I want to.
    longer answer...All the answers written in this thread that won't die.

Okay, but when I say that you are crazy, then you need know it, you need recognize that you are crazy, and then, if you recognize it, can be an acceptable answer :D

Sure I am crazy, as that is an observational point of view, I will admit that in your point of view I am crazy.

By the way I read nothing below the above quoted part as my crazy brain many times has a very short attention span.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Skammadix wrote: »
    ITT: People writing blog entry length posts qq'ing about how other people spend their money.

I have now seen it all. I hope everyone posting in this thread has an MBA because if not, there's no way any of you should be giving financial "advice" to people on the Internet.

Stop worrying about everyone else and enjoy the game at your own pace. If you don't want to spend, don't spend. That doesn't give you the right to be condescending about people that do.

It is a game where pay money is a donation for nothing :D

In all games pay money is useful, you can play the game "8 ball pool" and pay money to buy a better pool stick, that is useful and better than the free pool sticks, then it's interesting pay 2 dollars to get if, for example, or also pay 5 dollars for a better pool stick, but pay 2000 dollars only for get Leia, Aayla, Darth Maul and Kit Fisto is the most crazy thing in the history of the mobile phone games :D

I don't said that is not good pay money, because I paid 5 dollars, so I like pay money, but nowadays pay money is not useful, you can't do anything with 1000 crystals, is better wait 2 days than pay 10 dollars, if I pay 10 dollars I want get some thing, I want get some character, maybe a character of 3 stars at least, or maybe accelerate the progress 15 days, or something useful, today the only way to get some advantage is pay 2000 dollars, if you pay 10, 20, 50 or 100 dollars is almost the same than nothing, so EA can't do a game when the only people who receive some interesting thing are the people who pay 2000 dollars, EA need do a game where pay 10 or 20 dollars also is useful.
  • Options

What does an MBA have to do with being successful? I managed to become quite successful and I do not have an MBA, so this MBA magically grants knowledge and financial wisdom??
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »

What toons? I have all toons I need. I have Poggle, Geonosian Soldier, Luminara, Sidious, Kylo Ren, IG-88, IG-86, Poe Dameron, Asajj Ventress, Old Daka, Royal Guard, Darth Vader, Dooku, Jedi Consular, HK-47, Phasma, Resistance Pilot, Datcha, Talia, Chewbacca, Jawa, Ewok Elder, FOTP and Rey, also soon Qui-Gon Jinn, Eeth Koth, Barriss Offee and Yoda, and all for free with only 2 months. I'm playing hard nodes everyday of Royal Guard, FOTP and Rey, soon I will get they with 7 stars, I don't need pay money.

The only characters that I can't get for free are not better than my free characters, as Rex, Chirpa, Aayla Secura, Leia, Kit Fisto, I don't need any of these characters to be rank 1, and I'm improving my team everyday, for example I got 4 stars in Royal Guard 3 days ago and now I'm using he in the Arena, also soon I will be able to use Rey, maybe I will use Resistance Pilot in synergy with Poe (as leader) and Rey, so I can improve my team and I see that I will continue being rank 1 in my timezone at least 2 or 3 months very easy, maybe then more people will get good teams, but I will continue improving my team to ensure continue getting the rank 1 everyday.

The only crazy thing I see in this post is this one guy named Quimm, who apparently is poor and can only afford 5 bucks on a mobile game, Is getting mad at people he's never met, probably never will, for making the audacious choice to pay money for things you can simply get for free in an imaginary game.

So my question who's the crazy one??

The people who are apparently doing well, have disposable income and are generally happy, trying to explain why they made the audacious decision to pay their own hard earned money on something that made them happy.

-or-

The guy who is so **** off at everyone for having money that he doesn't and that are not playing the game he plays the way he wants you too play it, and who can't just say...ok cool. I suspect he is lonely, needs attention, or a mommy.

I'm perfectly fine with you calling me and everyone else crazy cause in the end all you are proving is you are a child with bad manners, whos parents should have raised him better.

GROW UP!!!

• xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options

Paging @Qeltar
  • Options
    I am surprised the Devs haven't deleted this thread
  • Options
    Or closed it even.. It really is getting out of hand. :|
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    Now I know what is the divertissement of the P2P players: defend their indefensible crazy investment in the forum :D:D:D
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Paging @Qeltar

You rang?
    This looked like a train wreck just from the title. Is it worth reading through? :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Paging @Qeltar

You rang?
    This looked like a train wreck just from the title. Is it worth reading through? :)

No...
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So to sum up the little bit I have read...
    People who want to spend their money on this game do it because hey it is their money..

People who don't spend money on this game don't do it because it may or may not be a rip off but hey it is their money...

Some people don't care that they spend money on this game...

Some people don't care that others spend money on this game...

Some people care that others would spend money on this game, and may think you are crazy if you do...

Some people think EA would make this game if it was not a cash grab....

Some people think EA would not make this game if it was not a cash grab.....

B)
    Post edited by scuba on
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Paging @Qeltar

You rang?

@Qeltar Probably not worth haha. They are seeking an MBA holder for greater insights into the freemium model.
  • Options
    Ya know, I've been P2P for a while. And just recently converted over to F2P now. Personally, I find it more interesting to really choose how I am going to use my daily resources right now. What gear am I after, which toon I want to pursue. But that's my personal choice. I'll never begrudge someone their choice. Pay, don't pay. Whatever works for you and your budget. Just have fun!
  • Options
    Must have just missed this thread - the P2P / F2P topics do not add value. Same arguments, same points...nothing to see here that hasn't already been stated 100s of times. Please keep discussion on the topic of the game, not addressing the merits of personal preference play styles. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.