More zeta mats... Please.

Feeling the grind. I have 31/123 available. I get roughly one a month. It could take me 6 years to zeta everyone. 6 years CG!

I don't need to zeta everyone, I get that, but they are coming out on every new character now. 3 added this month!

CG - please consider these suggestions:
1. A one zeta limit on new characters. Omegas are fine!
2. Add a "complete" zeta event that runs monthly. The player base would thank you.

Replies

• Options
    Malachi wrote: »
    Add a "complete" zeta event that runs monthly. The player base would thank you.

Unfortunately, that will never, ever happen. I doubt that they would ever give a full zeta away, even once a quarter, let alone once a month. Even if it happened, it would require a very specific team that has no use outside of that event, so people will complain about having to farm those specific toons, or that the base will complain about farming for a meta team, or a legendary team, or now a separate team altogether. I would love to see an event like that, but it just won't happen.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    Actually they have given away 20 zeta mats for free before
  • Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Malachi wrote: »
    Add a "complete" zeta event that runs monthly. The player base would thank you.

Unfortunately, that will never, ever happen. I doubt that they would ever give a full zeta away, even once a quarter, let alone once a month. Even if it happened, it would require a very specific team that has no use outside of that event, so people will complain about having to farm those specific toons, or that the base will complain about farming for a meta team, or a legendary team, or now a separate team altogether. I would love to see an event like that, but it just won't happen.

Dude what? Did you read that post? I don't even really know what you're saying here. Other than you don't think it will happen. Never, ever.

But seriously, positive feedback pushing this agenda is appreciated. Even if we have to farm Jawas 😜
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Only one a month? How come you only collect 1 a month?

You get slightly more than 3 zeta mats a week from the challenges (12—13 a month).
    2 a month from daily login rewards.
    Another 4 from wicket's/Talzin's events.
    Up to 12 a month from TW.

And even if ranking 501+ in fleet arena, you will receive enough currency to buy 12 zeta materials a month — much more if you rank higher.

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »

You get slightly more than 3 zeta mats a week from the challenges (12—13 a month).

And even if ranking 501+ in fleet arena, you will receive enough currency to buy 12 zeta materials a month — much more if you rank higher.

The OP means a full zeta once a month, so 20 mats.
  • Options

On average, you would expect 2-3 a week from challenges. We all know how RNG is.

The 4 from Wicket/Talzin require you to have 7* Wicket and 7* Talzin - and while a 7* MT is almost an inevitability because NS are a strong team, setting aside the time to farm Wicket to 7* for a 2 zeta mats a month is asking a lot for a newer player.

As for TW - well yeah. If you're in a strong, TW oriented guild with a decent matchup. If you're a newer player or the TW algorithm decides it doesn't like you, 12 is a pipe dream.

My point is - like most things in this game, you have to prioritize. If getting zeta mats is priority A, you can definitely get more than one a month. But you'd be doing so at the cost of progression elsewhere. (At least until you're at a point in the game where all of your points are a given, but by then you're probably sitting on zetas anyways)
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Wicket is only one day for some reason, so while it's technically 2-4, it's generally 2.

Talzin is two days so 4-8, generally 4.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Since putting on my first zeta on someone in early September, I've added 2 more to other characters since then. 1 full zeta upgrade a month isn't too shabby in my opinion. Hardest part is deciding who to put one on next.
  • Options
    I generate a full zeta roughly every 10 days....now stun guns on the other hand....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Yes, that's obvious. What's your point? I may have missed it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

On average, you would expect 2-3 a week from challenges. We all know how RNG is.

The overall droprate from the highest tier is slightly higher than 50% (40—44% chance to drop 1, 8—9% chance to drop 2 — with over 300 completions tracked).
    The 4 from Wicket/Talzin require you to have 7* Wicket and 7* Talzin - and while a 7* MT is almost an inevitability because NS are a strong team, setting aside the time to farm Wicket to 7* for a 2 zeta mats a month is asking a lot for a newer player.
    It's a matter of farming priorities. We will all get there eventually.
    As for TW - well yeah. If you're in a strong, TW oriented guild with a decent matchup. If you're a newer player or the TW algorithm decides it doesn't like you, 12 is a pipe dream.
    And 4—8 is achieveable for many players.
    My point is - like most things in this game, you have to prioritize. If getting zeta mats is priority A, you can definitely get more than one a month. But you'd be doing so at the cost of progression elsewhere. (At least until you're at a point in the game where all of your points are a given, but by then you're probably sitting on zetas anyways)

And my point is that getting more than 1 full a month is easily achievable.

Assuming 6 from TW and none from Wicket's and MT's events and a 501+ fleet arena rank it's still 32 zeta mats a month — and easily more.

• Options

You were saying OP can get 12-13 zetas a month. That was my point. OP was talking full zetas, you were talking zeta mats.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

You were saying OP can get 12-13 zetas a month. That was my point. OP was talking full zetas, you were talking zeta mats.

No, s/he demonstrated several ways of getting zeta mats which total more than 20 in a month, with the implication being that >20 mats a month = >1 zeta a month.

That really shouldn't need to be spelled out for you.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I clearly stated zeta mats (= zeta materials). It's all there in my first response — the one in your quote. Let me quote it again for you: "... slightly more than 3 zeta mats a week [...] (12—13 a month)." Do you see it now?

Thanx, @FailingCrab :—)