I assume we're building up to a Darth Revan ...

Prev13
I assume we're building up to a Darth Revan and that, like the current Revan, he will require several other characters related to him to unlock.
I also assume that HK-47 will soon be given the Old Republic tag.

But that is still only 3 unique Dark Side characters from the first Knights Of The Old Republic game; HK-47, Canderous Ordo and Bastilla Shan (Fallen).
So assuming we're going to need 5 characters to get Darth Revan as we have with all previous Legendary characters, who'll be the other two?

Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus and Darth Traya are all from KotoR2 which Revan isn't in, so it wouldn't really work for them. Maybe the generic Sith Assassin and Sith Marauder?
Or will we be seeing Darth Malak and possibly even Calo Nord, the Bounty Hunter who keeps pestering you every time you find a piece of the map?

My money's on the last option, particularly given that they can repeat the process of bringing them out just before the event for Darth Revan and thus get loads more money.

What do you think?

Replies

• Options
    I think there's a good chance we'll see Darth Malak, possibly as a legendary (ie needing 'any 5') but probably more likely to be a marquee.

I think there will probably be other marquee toons released between now and then who will be needed for darth revan, though I can't think who. Calo Nord would make no sense. I don't think we'll be able to do it with already existing toons because then where's the financial incentive?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    I suppose that we will need: Bastilla (fallen), Canderous Ordo, Darth Malak, HK-47, Juhani (fallen jedi)
  • Options
    I suppose that we will need: Bastilla (fallen), Canderous Ordo, Darth Malak, HK-47, Juhani (fallen jedi)

Oh that's a point, Juhani does start of as Dark Side. I had forgotten that.
    But in your very first meeting with her, you either redeem her or you don't see her again (*ahem* spoilers). It would be more fitting to have her as a Light Side character.
    But I suppose if they are looking for another Dark Side character, she's as likely as Calo Nord.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hk47 gets rework, Juhani (fallen) and calo nord. Used to get malik

Heroes fall wherein you need a variety of all of them to get you jedi revan to fall and become darth revan.

And hopefully the hawk added to cargo ships
  • Options
    Im reading the stars and saying that the two new dark side characters from the Old Republic will be needed for a Darth Malak who might be needed for Darth Revan, or those two just needed for darth Revan.
  • Options
    It doesn't make sense for EA/CG to reuse HK47. A rework, yes. Using as part of requirements for Darth Revan/Malak, no. Because a lot of people have already farmed HK47. EA/CG will make money from selling a new pack with a new character. They will not make any money on the 5th character, if that character is already in the game.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Before everyone acts surprised, the new dark side KOTOR characters WILL be used to get Malak and/or Darth Revan. Better start stockpiling crystals now if you’re F2P, otherwise, you’re not getting them the first go around. It’ll be a panic farm for these guys, like always.
  • Options
    Hopelly 50K crystals will be enough if you dont want to spend
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Depending on the iteration of HK

Edit: Sorry didn’t see what Wolffe stated. I agree 3 new characters incoming - nord, juhai, Malak would be great
  • Options
    Revan, dark side bastila, canderous and two new marquees. I never played kotor so no idea who the future marquees will be.
  • Options
    It doesn't make sense for EA/CG to reuse HK47. A rework, yes. Using as part of requirements for Darth Revan/Malak, no. Because a lot of people have already farmed HK47. EA/CG will make money from selling a new pack with a new character. They will not make any money on the 5th character, if that character is already in the game.

But if they only do a pack with all 5 like when Revan was announced he'll be in there and they will still get their monies worth cause there will be 20% of drops going to him.
  • Options

I got Revan with 40k crystals stockpiled, I'd assume that Malak/Darth Revan will be about the same, depending on whether we need 5 or if HK will be reworked and a requirement.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

But if they only do a pack with all 5 like when Revan was announced he'll be in there and they will still get their monies worth cause there will be 20% of drops going to him.

They've already announced (and released) packs with single characters for Fallen Bastila and Ordo. They'll probably do singles or doubles for the other releases as well.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    If they want to stick to the way they handled Jedi Revan, the requirement should be the companions that join in the dark ending - HK-47, T3 (they could finally make the neutral tag work), Dark Bastila and Canderous. The fifth one is complicated, they might release a version of Zaalbar after he kills Mission, but that's about it. I don't doubt that we will get Malak eventually, it just doesn't make much sense to have him help Darth Revan on his journey.
  • Options
    1. Malak
    2. Juhani (maybe)
    3. Darth Bandon?
  • Options
    Am I wrong for thinking maybe Jedi Revan will be used? Him, Fallen Bastilla, Ordo, to work together to get Darth Revan, then build up for Malak?

I only played a bit of Kotor, and Revan is clearly jedi, but I dunno I think it could work.

I'm not thinking HK will be used as a requirement.
  • Options
    Maybe hk will get the raid han treatment when CLS came around. Gets a rework but not required.

If Malak is a marquee Revan is the legendary. If Malak is a legendary then Jedi Revan to unlock. We ll see soon because they are timing this right with February. (Sith month!)

Marquees to legendary I don’t mind because unlock is 5*.

Marquees to heroes journey is pure pure kitten and really don’t want it to be a thing.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    If they want to stick to the way they handled Jedi Revan, the requirement should be the companions that join in the dark ending - HK-47, T3 (they could finally make the neutral tag work), Dark Bastila and Canderous. The fifth one is complicated, they might release a version of Zaalbar after he kills Mission, but that's about it. I don't doubt that we will get Malak eventually, it just doesn't make much sense to have him help Darth Revan on his journey.

HOLD UP. WHAT?! I played as dark side my first KOTOR run through and don't remember this.

Just found it on YouTube... Jesus that's dark. My 13yo brain must have repressed the memories.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Look at all those Old Republic Sith in Weekly Shipment
  • Options

Chewbacca required bounty hunters, which have been available basically from the start. They just made the event extremely difficult to make up for the ease of shard farming it required. They could just as easily do that here with a character that requires HK47.
  • Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Chewbacca required bounty hunters, which have been available basically from the start. They just made the event extremely difficult to make up for the ease of shard farming it required. They could just as easily do that here with a character that requires HK47.

Besides, it's not like HK-47 would be the only requirement. There will still be enough of a panic farm.
  • Options
    Why is everyone ignoring Admiral Saul Karath? Just think of this char for a new sith capital ship? ^^
  • IceHawk_181
    51 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Karath and the Leviathan would be great!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »

Oh that's a point, Juhani does start of as Dark Side. I had forgotten that.
    But in your very first meeting with her, you either redeem her or you don't see her again (*ahem* spoilers). It would be more fitting to have her as a Light Side character.
    But I suppose if they are looking for another Dark Side character, she's as likely as Calo Nord.

I thought you could have her join you even if you go DS. Think you needed hella charisma though to convince her to join your evil cause. But maybe I just always redeemed her and then corrupted her later...

As for building up to Darth Revan.... I think that will come down to how they release Darth Malak. If he's a marquee.... then yep definitely Darth Revan. But I feel like they could easily have a legendary event for Darth Malak that requires the KOTOR faction. If they do that, Darth Revan would probably be further down the line. I'd expect them to make Malak's legendary event fairly hard considering everyone's been farming KOTOR toons for Revan so they'd make you gear em up too.
  • Options

I was thinking about hording crystals for Darth Revan too - but then I figured, I'd just wait for them to release his 3* marquee hard counter two weeks later. :D

Ooops. Too soon?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I was thinking about hording crystals for Darth Revan too - but then I figured, I'd just wait for them to release his 3* marquee hard counter two weeks later. :D

Ooops. Too soon?

So save those 50k crystals to buy the marquee toon ;)
  • Options
    Maybe hk will get the raid han treatment when CLS came around. Gets a rework but not required.

If Malak is a marquee Revan is the legendary. If Malak is a legendary then Jedi Revan to unlock. We ll see soon because they are timing this right with February. (Sith month!)

Marquees to legendary I don’t mind because unlock is 5*.

Marquees to heroes journey is pure pure kitten and really don’t want it to be a thing.

I’m almost positive they stated Jedi Revan will be needed for Darth Revan, so unless they pull an Old Ben for one of the characters, maaaybe we only need 4
  • Options
    sith assassin and/or sith marauder could round out the crew to get Malak. Then Malak and others used in Hero's Fall for Revan
  • Options
    So, DS Bastila and Canderous seem like the obvious choices. I wasn't surprised at all to get those two, but I'm pretty stumped on what else will be needed.

I just played through the end of KoTOR, and you can make Zaalbar come with you for the DS ending if you choose the right dialogue, but he doesn't actually change alignment, so I don't see how they add a DS Zaalbar as a character.

The other two companions at the end of the DS playthrough are the droids that we already have.

They either need to do some lore backflips to scrounge up 3 more new DS companions for Darth Revan or Sith Bastila and Canderous are the only new toons that could be required for a Darth Revan event in order for it to be the same construct as the event for jedi Revan.

Possible options for the remaining 3 toons required would be JKR himself as part of a "villains fall" type of construct, the droids (T3 and HK) because they follow no matter what, or Carth and Juhani as new marquee companions for the early stages of the event before you turn on them (we still haven't seen Manaan or Kashyyk battles and they could be used there).

There is really no sensible way to add 3 more DS companions, mirroring the way LS Revan was introduced. They almost have to incorporate something we already have, and I really don't see it being KoTOR II toons or generic SWTOR sith. Either way, any old republic era toons are going to be needed for something so I'm starring and gearing anything potwntially relevant.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah I’m thinking the same. It’s weird but Carth Onasi seems to be the only one left out from the crew in the grand scheme