Did more than 30 sign up?
  • thewhitegift
    295 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    45/47 signed up for us... 19 teams per zone @Rhunne @CCyrilS
    Post edited by thewhitegift on
  • Options
    That would mean a maximum of 38 signed up for them...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That would mean a maximum of 38 signed up for them...

This.

And swgoh.gg is not always right, you should look their numbers up in game.
  • Options
    Even still, since the beginning of Territory Wars, my guild has always been outmatched in GP by who we face. As far as I recall, every single time. And it is irrelevant how many "sign-up" when you face a guild that outmatches you by 10, 20, even more GP. More GP means they have higher level teams, higher level characters, bigger badder meta teams, they've got characters that your guild doesn't have.

It's the difference between facing gear 10-12 teams on defense and facing gear 12.5 teams on defense that you can't crack through. In the case of this match-up, you're talking about one guild with "maybe" 1-2 gear 12 teams each facing off against a guild where everyone has 10-15 gear 12 teams.

By the way, in reference to looking in-game at guilds: (From the guild search)

Scruffylooking Nerfherderz: 143,717,600
    Guardians of The Canada: 89, 484, 359

That is a difference of OVER 54 MILLION GP. That's an entire freakin' guild CG. Seriously, that is just plain abhorrent.

We keep saying your TW Matchmaking system sucks. It does. Plain and simple. You can spin it any way that you like, but when there's an example like this, you can't tell us that it's working as intended. When my guild is regularly facing guilds with 20-25 mil MORE GP than us, you can't say it's working as intended.

There are how many guilds in the game? Thousands? Sure, placing guilds based on who signs up is understandable, but you can't have such an obscene amount of difference in overall GP. That needs to be a consideration no matter what. If you're in a guild with 143 million GP and only half sign up, you shouldn't be facing a guild 50 million GP lower than you. 5 players in that guild could each wipe an entire zone of that lower guild. You really need to bring in the top and bottom limits on TW. Relying purely on "GP" to link guilds for a match is just not working.