Fairer raid rewards system

Would it not be fairer after a raid is comfortably beatable that the rewards scheme moves away from a ranked system to a rank/score based system.

The rank/score based system is each rank is given a damage threshold 0-1m 1m-3m 3m-5m etc. When a raid finishes you either get your rank rewards or score rewards whichever is higher. So if 30 people solo the rancor/aat they all get 1st rewards. If someone goes for a solo and messes up and dies in p4 and their score is tied to rank 2 but is 31st in the rankings they get rank 2 rewards for the high score.

At present with the sith raid top 10 get slightly better rewards than the rest and is creating a bottleneck. Rank 10+ can gear their characters faster and can slice more mods thus improving their top 10 score while others play catch up. If it was score based then someone could still progress with a good score.

For this to work new raids would have to have high top scores which is altered every 3 months say. Every 3 months you look at the raid scores claimed by people and adjust the rank 1 score accordingly. You still keep the rank system so the best score in the guild still gets rank 1 rewards even if the score attached to it isn't met.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Having 30 players, who all solo Rancor raid all earn rank 1 rewards would greatly increase the total rewards earned by the guild and give the guild a huge benefit (f.ex. 27 extra loot boxes, and most lootboxes would be higher quality). I don't think we will see such a huge increase in rewards. However, if those 30 players all received the same reward, the 'average'/equalized of rank 1—30 rewards it wouldn't create the same problem.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Furthermore, if 49 people post a zero, while only 1 solo, would those 49 then all receive lowest rewards? We do this on evenings, where multiple raids take place, to save time for everyone in the guild. Playing all 3 raids to their full consumes quite a bit of time.

Edit: Oh! Sorry. Rank rewards or score rewards — whichever is higher. This still works.
  • Options
    For me, the aat and rancor drops are largely the same no matter the rank, gear wise.

This would be more beneficial for the sith raid for those who post a big score but don't get big rewards.

Personally, I zero the sith raid. I have a 4 mohth old baby and have 0'd the raid for months but this is something I see complained about alot
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    5vbngjenlqyw.png
    For 15th in Heroic. An hour+ in the raid. Complete garbage. C'mon man.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*