Time to un-nerf Tie Reaper

Title says it all, really.

When you nerf a very hard to farm ship as it's 'OP' then I guess despite the fact I spent money on it I have to respect that...

But THEN you release Hounds Tooth. You can't tell me that Reaper was anywhere near as good as HT, so please, for those of us who put time and effort (money, too, for some) into this ships, PLEASE make it more useful again.

Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    Tbf they did just "fix" HT too. But I agree reaper should be better.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Tbf they did just "fix" HT too.
    What "fix" are you referring to?
  • Options
    It was Bossk not HT that they fixed.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It was Bossk not HT that they fixed.

You're right. My bad.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Guess what, between buff wipe and defense down, Reaper actually does nice work against HT.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Guess what, between buff wipe and defense down, Reaper actually does nice work against HT.

Was reaper really nerfed all that bad... technically all ships were nerfed until you put the omegas back into them....

I know some of the TM reduction was nerfed..but in 3v3 in my small experience using reaper it only takes killing one ship to pretty much gain the ultimate advantage no matter who your running
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'd agree it wasn't nerfed a ton. I'd say it was nerfed to the point where it's still a good ship but no longer mandatory to run it, which makes it a good nerf in my eyes. And I already had it pretty much maxed under 1.0, so I had investment in it like everyone else.

Also IIRC Tarkin got a TM buff to counteract at least some of the TM nerf to Reaper.
  • Options
    I'd agree it wasn't nerfed a ton. I'd say it was nerfed to the point where it's still a good ship but no longer mandatory to run it, which makes it a good nerf in my eyes. And I already had it pretty much maxed under 1.0, so I had investment in it like everyone else.

Also IIRC Tarkin got a TM buff to counteract at least some of the TM nerf to Reaper.

Tarkin's "buff" was a huge buff - since it's independent of Reaper. It takes a fast capital ship and makes it even faster. Reaper does still have utility, but like the dodge nerf to Tie Fighter they wanted to get away from mandatory ships. Whether they succeeded, well....
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Tarkin's "buff" was a huge buff - since it's independent of Reaper. It takes a fast capital ship and makes it even faster. Reaper does still have utility, but like the dodge nerf to Tie Fighter they wanted to get away from mandatory ships. Whether they succeeded, well....

yeah it's a pretty big fail on their part though...everyone still running the mandatory ships...just added 2 new mandatory ships...so still got 5 old mandatory left to get rid of heh :)

Not sure how I feel about the reaper....they nerfed it because it would be mega OP in 2.0 but I'm not sure if they nerfed it so much it became worthless or just because 3v3 reaper just was not optimal

Maybe both... Hounds tooth has made it useful again..but like everything else there are better options.....though I've been getting out speeded in the capital race lately...I guess I should actually be trying to work it in somehow before the ultimates.

EDIT actually since every ship was nerfed Omegas were so rare there were a lot of other ships that too priority anyway....I wonder if people are starting to catch up now it will get more usage.

• Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    though I've been getting out speeded in the capital race lately...I guess I should actually be trying to work it in somehow before the ultimates.

I found a way to win that race, using a 7* Chimera vs a 7* Executrix, as long as their fastest ship isn't vader lol.

Against the AI, at least.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Tarkin's buff doesn't help when you run Thrawn. Js.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

That's where you're making your first mistake, I use both cap ships and it's an easy win.
  • Options

That's where you're making your first mistake, I use both cap ships and it's an easy win.

Well shoot I didn't know you could use 2 capital ships :p
  • Options
    Actually tho, I have both maxed and held on to tarkin for a long time, but Thrawn seems better overall now. He beats tarkin to ultimate - at least the ones I face. I only do one battle a day so I'm in the 50-100 range.
  • Options
    Tarkin is dominating my shard. Thrawn works ok with Biggs and ties, but everyone seems to be moving to tankier lineups where capital ship speed (first to reinforce) plays too big of a role. The only reason I can still do OK with thrawn is because the ai ALWAYS opens with aoe, meaning you can reliably get a TM boost if you kick off with TFP’s special. Which limits your starting lineup, making you a bit of a target on defense. So yeah, don’t waste your time on thrawn unless you already have him maxed.
    But back to OP’s message, I think a buffed Reaper would be a way to make Thrawn viable again, and it seems like devs are really pushing for Tarkin dominance (there’s a reason why all the marquees force him as an ally).
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    So you've decided Ships 2.0 is no longer unfair?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah like killing one ship could be enough to let you win ultimate race.... like nerfed opinions or not ship is still viable just for that and in HT meta every dispel counts...