Adding LEADER (not used as a leader) zeta's just to boost power?

DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited November 2018
With so many zeta skills we do not use (GMY Lead, etc) is it worth putting in just to boost power?

(We can debate which zetas are good and bad elsewhere)
Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on

Replies

• Options
    Only if it’s also a pilot of a ship that I’m using.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    I don't nearly have enough zeta mats to even think about equiping them just to boost power (for non-pilots).
  • Options
    Same as @Huatimus unless there is a good reason for it tw/Tb/raid/arena/ship arena then I don’t bother.. having said that there tw a few zetas I have on toons that I don’t use anymore..maul, Finn etc they had there purpose but now..not so much..
  • Options
    I would definitely just save them for later. Putting zetas on toons that you don't use will make your GP higher while not making your active roster any better which will hurt in TW tremendously. That's why mismatches happen in TW
  • Options
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »
    I would definitely just save them for later. Putting zetas on toons that you don't use will make your GP higher while not making your active roster any better which will hurt in TW tremendously. That's why mismatches happen in TW

We they would be used on heroes I do use, just not in a leader fashion.
  • Options

You're increasing power without increasing utility. That's only going to hurt you in TW, and waste your zetas.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

You're increasing power without increasing utility. That's only going to hurt you in TW, and waste your zetas.

How so? (seriously in TW, how so?)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Because you're increasing GP without gaining benefit. Honestly with the matchmaking it's probably not a concern, but in theory it's a bad idea.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Because you're increasing GP without gaining benefit. Honestly with the matchmaking it's probably not a concern, but in theory it's a bad idea.

I ask, because a while back I asked if bringing heroes up to boost GP was a bad idea overall, and it was said then that it wasn't?
  • Options

I ask, because a while back I asked if bringing heroes up to boost GP was a bad idea overall, and it was said then that it wasn't?

It'll hurt you in TW and help you in TB. Your call, I guess.
  • Options
    Empty gp can hurt you in TW since matchmakimg is based on the active gp on the guilds participating. So if you have a lot of gp on toons or abilities that doesn’t actually bring something to the table it could in theory match you with a tougher opponent than you would have otherwise. For example try to stay under 6000 in gp on toons that you don’t plan on gearing or levelling to a decent standard. For TBs on the other hand all gp you have help when deploying.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

It'll hurt you in TW and help you in TB. Your call, I guess.

To add to this, for both focussing on specific squads is by far the most beneficial. Well, it is in my humble opinion atleast.
  • Options
    I should clarify (and this is on me) I was thinking about a few heroes. For example, GMY on my Bastila squad. He would not benefit from the lead zeta as far as skills are concerned but he would gain more power? Again, forget for the moment the lead skill and consider just increasing his power. He is powerful since his update, moreso with Bastilas buff, what could it hurt to increase his power and possibly deepen his pool for crits?
  • Options
    I should clarify (and this is on me) I was thinking about a few heroes. For example, GMY on my Bastila squad. He would not benefit from the lead zeta as far as skills are concerned but he would gain more power? Again, forget for the moment the lead skill and consider just increasing his power. He is powerful since his update, moreso with Bastilas buff, what could it hurt to increase his power and possibly deepen his pool for crits?

A zeta doesn't add power to other categories. I.e. your toon will not be stronger, faster, etc. It will inflate gp with no benefit while that toon is not in leader slot. Literally no reason to do it whatsoever.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

A zeta doesn't add power to other categories. I.e. your toon will not be stronger, faster, etc. It will inflate gp with no benefit while that toon is not in leader slot. Literally no reason to do it whatsoever.

But when you add a zeta power is increased, the amount shown above the hero increases.
  • Options

But when you add a zeta power is increased, the amount shown above the hero increases.

Right, but it's only a reflection of the zeta itself. No other categories are increased.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

Power is a semi worthless stat. There's no difference in battling with/vs the exact same character with or without lead zeta if said character isn't in the lead spot, but the powerrating will be higher with the zeta.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »

Power is a semi worthless stat. There's no difference in battling with/vs the exact same character with or without lead zeta if said character isn't in the lead spot, but the powerrating will be higher with the zeta.

Yes. So it unnecessarily inflates GP without benefit. You could then face stronger opponents because of it.
  • Options

Doesn't a deeper power pool increase the numbers of a crit?
  • Options

I thought that was based on the crit damage stat...
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

not the power pool itself.
    Maybe mods are a good example of how "useless" the powerrating is. Mod sets don't add power (don't ask me why), so a character with all gold mk5 mods without a single complete set has just as high of a powerrating as that same character with an all gold mk5 tripple health mod set. However, with that tripple health set the character has +30% health. So statswise the character is objectively better with the tripple health set, but the powerrating hasn't changed at all.
    The powerrating is just an indication of how good a character is, but not an accurate representation at all.
  • Options

I thought that was based on the crit damage stat...

Interesting point. @JohnnySteelAlpha any XLS's on power and benefits from increasing it?
  • Options

No, power is essentially unrelated to stats. The two are semi-correlated, in that increasing your stats will increase your power, but the reverse is not true. It's something of a tautology, but the only thing that increases your crit chance, are things that increase your crit chance - ie, gear.

In short, power is a reflection of your investment, it doesn't actually change anything.
  • Options

Maybe mods are a good example of how "useless" the powerrating is. Mod sets don't add power (don't ask me why), so a character with all gold mk5 mods without a single complete set has just as high of a powerrating as that same character with an all gold mk5 tripple health mod set. However, with that tripple health set the character has +30% health. So statswise the character is objectively better with the tripple health set, but the powerrating hasn't changed at all.
    The powerrating is just an indication of how good a character is, but not an accurate representation at all.

So it's an effectiveness rating?
  • Options

Basically. But not a good one.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

No, it basically only shows how far progressed your character is. I'm struggling to find the right word, not a native speaker.
  • Options

No, it basically only shows how far progressed your character is. I'm struggling to find the right word, not a native speaker.

It's an investment rating. It shows how many resources you've invested in the character.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

It's an investment rating. It shows how many resources you've invested in the character.

Not the word i was looking for, but yes.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/
    As you can see here power is only determined by how much gear you can equip (all equal i believe), how many abilities a toon has and how many of those are zetas and omegas.
    So the powerrating isn't even related to the stats of the character.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yes. If 3 players have a G12+5 zzzCLS with 6x 6-dot mods they will all have exactly equal power ratings, even though hypothetically:

1st guy - +100 speed, CD set, CD triangle, health set.

2nd guy - +100 speed, speed set, offense triangle, health set.

3rd guy - +20 speed, 1 defense mod, 1 potency mod, 1 tenacity mod, 1 health mod, 1 speed mod, 1 crit chance mod.

I'd fight 3rd guy ten times in a row, and when not available, 2nd guy. But equal power.