For your consideration

Dear CG,

Since the removal of the MK 8 BioTech Implant Salvage "golden eyeballs" as raid rewards progress on my roster has slowed down a great deal. As of right now I have 28 toons that require one or more of said pieces. Before this unfortunate change I was able to gear up my toons much faster since I only had to purchase the MK 8 BioTech Implant Prototype (black golden eyeballs) from shipments. I understand that the community asked for the removal of challenge gear from the raids but you chose to keep some high valuable gear i.e. MK 3 Carbanti Sensor Array. I would like to submit that the MK 8 BioTech Implant Salvage is also a highly valuable gear piece that is a challenge gear but should have stayed as a raid reward. Currently that piece is farmable from 3 nodes a 20 energy hard node and 2 10 energy normal nodes. Both of the normal energy nodes have what seems a terrible drop rate for this gear piece. The last few days I have used refreshes to farm this piece and got 1-2 pieces per refresh. I did get zero pieces often. This means that the player base is left with only getting this piece from the weekly challenges which give you 3-4 pieces per attempt. That means that we are getting 15-20 pieces for that day. The event comes around 3 times per week which means that if we are luck we can get 1 full piece at the end of the week as this pieces requires 60 salvage pieces. If we take that on average we are getting 1 full piece from weekly challenges and take the example of the 28 toons that I have that need said piece that leave me waiting six months to finish my gearing. This does not take into account any new toons that are introduced or that I have yet to discover require this piece. Before the removal of this piece from the raids this is a piece I looked forward to getting as a reward. I would get it often as a reward to my delight. Right now I am stuck on what to gear because all the toons in my favorites require this piece to take them to gear 11 or g12. My only real option to get this piece faster is through shipments. Which means this once F2P gear piece is now much closer to P2P. I would like to submit this for your consideration. Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    China called, they want their wall back. In all seriousness though you can still buy them from the guild store and shard shop (talking about the salvage, not the implant).

Also keep in mind that this game has always been about prioritizing characters/factions that you want to work on. Just because you have 28 toons that currently need a fully crafted mk8 biotech implant doesn't mean you have to put one on each and every one of those characters... Be patient, focus on a few specific characters at a time so you aren't spreading yourself too thin.
  • Options
    33tamvb9znl3.png
    Have mine, I am glad they removed them
  • Options
    You mean these?
    jy6dkmjdyk5y.png
    xot9zl3of8wz.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    You mean these?
    jy6dkmjdyk5y.png
    xot9zl3of8wz.png

He means the prototypes. Salvages you can buy on the cheap from shipments.

Aaaaaand onwards to "I have 1000s of these" posts. Congrats, you'll hit the bottleneck in sometime still. But you will get there.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Got it
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    OP you have legitimate complaints, the golden salvages shouldn't have been removed from raid rewards.

Most of the forum will just blame you for gearing your toons and say stuff like don't buy them from shipments. Just ignore them. You'll run out of gold balls even if you only focus the absolute necessary toons.

I haven't bought them from shipments in half a year or more and I'm starting to run out of them. Especially since raid rewards give you the salvages which are readily available in shipments for 375

They'll change their tune in a few months once they run into the same issue
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    OP you have legitimate complaints, the golden salvages shouldn't have been removed from raid rewards.

Most of the forum will just blame you for gearing your toons and say stuff like don't buy them from shipments. Just ignore them. You'll run out of gold balls even if you only focus the absolute necessary toons.

I haven't bought them from shipments in half a year or more and I'm starting to run out of them. Especially since raid rewards give you the salvages which are readily available in shipments for 375

You may run out... I don't. As I gear only the necessary ones and don't buy the others for crystals, because Darth revan.

You will too. I'm willing to bet you are not a veteran that has been playing close to since the game started.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

You may run out... I don't. As I gear only the necessary ones and don't buy the others for crystals, because Darth revan.

You will too. I'm willing to bet you are not a veteran that has been playing close to since the game started.

I'm barely even a vet myself having just really started G12'ing and I've already run out of the things. New players are going to feel the missing eyeballs so much more then older players who at least were able to save up them while they were for some reason not G12'ing.

Now the moment you hit low on these you have to wait ages to get them up again, the farm nodes are almost pointless as the drop rate doesn't exist, so you rely on like, just the challenge to get them now. I wish they'd put them back ;-;

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

I'm barely even a vet myself having just really started G12'ing and I've already run out of the things. New players are going to feel the missing eyeballs so much more then older players who at least were able to save up them while they were for some reason not G12'ing.

Now the moment you hit low on these you have to wait ages to get them up again, the farm nodes are almost pointless as the drop rate doesn't exist, so you rely on like, just the challenge to get them now. I wish they'd put them back ;-;

We'll have to wait some more until everyone gets on the same page on this issue. I fought this dilligently when they were taking them out. People with the piles aren't willing to listen to experience. Currently the short sightedness of many is preventing us raising the flag. Even then CG will take another year to bring them back.
  • Options
    It's not because they removed them from challenges that you're running out. It's the massive imbalance between the usage of the various +36 gold gear as assigned to heroes by the devs that's the real issue. No one has ever complained about running low on the medpac or keypad salvage (the other gold challenge gear). The devs are massively overusing the gold orbs - both as regular gear and as g11+/12+ components.
    Unfortunately adding them back into tank prize pack won't make much of a difference unless they substantially increase the amount of salvage you get. There's so many prizes in there that the chance of you getting a drop makes it a very unreliable source of gold orb salvage.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity: Do you currently have many prototype pieces?
    Or are you running low on both of them, the salvage and the prototype?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    It's not because they removed them from challenges that you're running out. It's the massive imbalance between the usage of the various +36 gold gear as assigned to heroes by the devs that's the real issue. No one has ever complained about running low on the medpac or keypad salvage (the other gold challenge gear). The devs are massively overusing the gold orbs - both as regular gear and as g11+/12+ components.
    Unfortunately adding them back into tank prize pack won't make much of a difference unless they substantially increase the amount of salvage you get. There's so many prizes in there that the chance of you getting a drop makes it a very unreliable source of gold orb salvage.

I ran out of them long before. You mean -taken out of raids- right? Prototype is still in the challenges.

You are right about the gear distribution in design. But that's very much by purpose. That's how they create bottlenecks like carbanti. A quick investigation into swgoh.gg gear lists makes the lodsidedness very evident.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I think eventually they will need to restructure all gear rewards or energy as they add more and more characters the system in place will be out dated. Building one character a month when there are so many to gear up is super boring. Especially since they are adding game modes that requires multiple teams.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Yes, both ofc as they are needed jointly. But the salvages are buyable on the cheapside and you need 60 prototypes to 50 salvages.
  • Options

Yes, both ofc as they are needed jointly. But the salvages are buyable on the cheapside and you need 60 prototypes to 50 salvages.

Okay. It would have surprised me if you had more prototypes than salvage, since I've got way way more salvage than prototypes and so far I've honestly only heard about protype shortage, so I had to ask.

• Options

Okay. It would have surprised me if you had more prototypes than salvage, since I've got way way more salvage than prototypes and so far I've honestly only heard about protype shortage, so I had to ask.

**** me, I keep confusing prototypes and salvages. Anyway I run out of salvages too, for about 7-8 months now.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options

Like I said in the post you quoted,

You will run out even if you don't buy from shipments and gear only the most important toons but I've seen everyone just refuse to listen until they face the same issue so I'm not even going to try convincing you

I don't buy gold balls and I'm not gearing every toon I can. Only gearing the absolute necessary toons. I haven't farmed gear in shipments or nodes in months and I'm only getting them via raid, and shard shop.