Why no petitions are allowed?

Hey all,

I just wanted to, in general, discuss why these forums do not permit petitions and to allow a large population of forum participants to let their feelings be known regarding this policy.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    From Forum Guidelines:

"The nature of a forum is that discussion and interest will naturally bring important and relevant topics to light. Petitions do not contribute to a useful and productive forum."

FashionFett.
  • Options
    From Forum Guidelines:

"The nature of a forum is that discussion and interest will naturally bring important and relevant topics to light. Petitions do not contribute to a useful and productive forum."

FashionFett.

I disagree - I believe that a 'petition' is a way to clearly outline a definitive complaint and or plan of action to be 'undersigned' in it's entirety and presented to decision-makers. I don't believe that outlawing them is a sensitive way to convey an administrations pledge of commitment.
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    I disagree - I believe that a 'petition' is a way to clearly outline a definitive complaint and or plan of action to be 'undersigned' in it's entirety and presented to decision-makers. I don't believe that outlawing them is a sensitive way to convey an administrations pledge of commitment.

Fair enough. However, instead of focusing on things that are against Forum Guidelines, we can focus on what the Forum promotes. There are always positive methods of expressing your opinions for the good of the game.

FashionFett.