Are people afraid of Rey

Prev1
So my arena team I've been working for is finally coming together. Right now it is:

6* QJG
6* Dooku
5* Rey
7* Lumi
7* daka

I recently switched to this team expecting to go down in rank as I did a switch a little while ago and I dropped a lot (I put in QGJ into my old team)

My team now power wise is much weaker than the team I had yet no one has attacked me yet. Are people afraid of the speed I now have?

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to fight that team since it has no Poe or RG ;) Daka and Dooku might scare people more. Tho when I take them both, I drop pretty fast!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    probably the combination of daka and rey that scares people. Daka alone is a pretty good deterrent, I dont get ranked down as much when I have my 7* daka on the roster. My Rey is almost 7* so I was going to wait until she was maxed before using her in arena, so my team will be pretty similar to yours. Most people try to take out daka and rey first I think, so the thought of taking Rey out then having her be revived can be a bit intimidating
  • zinho
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf Rey !!
    lol !!!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    So my arena team I've been working for is finally coming together. Right now it is:

6* QJG
    6* Dooku
    5* Rey
    7* Lumi
    7* daka

I recently switched to this team expecting to go down in rank as I did a switch a little while ago and I dropped a lot (I put in QGJ into my old team)

My team now power wise is much weaker than the team I had yet no one has attacked me yet. Are people afraid of the speed I now have?

It's a pretty good team. People that aren't used to seeing Rey may be cautious with Daka also there
  • Options
    The Rey wouldn't bother me as much as the 7* Daka and 6* Dooku. That's just too much chance for a bad RNG.
  • Options
    I'm afraid of Rey....

Nothing to do with speed. Just her 1-hit KOs and constant reapplying foresight... Plus she dodges everything until she reapplies foresight....

Thats literally an unkillable destructive force.
  • Coolhand_Luke
    217 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think it's more the Dooku Daka than a 5* Rey. If your Dooku double stuns a QGJ lead team and/or your Daka double stuns or resurrects and has Lumi heal the dead toon the fight can be a pain. You have one of those teams where if stuff goes right for you it makes opponent want to throw phone. Plus it seems those on defense always proc (10% passive res huh? Suuurrree).

I have a similar team to you except maxed out and GS instead of Lumi. It competes at top and holds rank pretty well.
  • Options
    To put this in perspective, the last two fights against her finished with the enemy at 100% health, and me with 3 dead toons giving up... And they were lower lvl lower gear than me.

You can't win if you can't hit the opponent....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to be running the same team in about a week (except 7* Dooku and 6* Daka), but based on the same problem - that is, who do they take down first?

And if they don't take anyone out completely, Lumi heals everyone = disaster.

I was also considering dropping Daka & Lumi at some point, and simply adding IG88/IG86 (88 still only 6* at the moment). Or even Daka + Poggle. But I digress....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    True I never thought that it could be Daka + Rey. I never thought dooku to be intimidating either. I'm thinking of dropping the daka as well when my anakin is 6*
  • Options
    And I'm not calling for a Nerf. I realize I'm doomed with unbelievable bad luck in this game.

For example: I boosted Lumi to 60, 5*, purple gear because I noticed how she always crits and always dodges in arena.
    Only to find out mine can't dodge or crit.. Very rarely.

I even fought a blue gear 4* lvl 55 Lumi who crit/dodged 3x as much as mine did.
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think it's more the Dooku Daka than a 5* Rey. If your Dooku double stuns a QGJ lead team and/or your Daka double stuns or resurrects and has Lumi heal the dead toon the fight can be a pain. You have one of those teams where if stuff goes right for you it makes opponent want to throw phone. Plus it seems those on defense always proc (10% passive res huh? Suuurrree).

I have a similar team to you except maxed out and GS instead of Lumi. It competes at top and holds rank pretty well.

I did have 3 people stunned one battle on the second move of the match haha. My dooku then my QGJ called daka
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is part of it, but not all of it.

People will avoid your team if they do not feel like they have the toons it takes to beat you reliably. So, by adding Rey, what you have most likely done is given those in your arena group one too many problems to deal with.

But it is only temperary. As they aquire and develop characters, it gets to the point where everyone can pretty much beat everyone no matter what team you manage to put together.

However, that doesn't mean you have to make it easy for them.
  • Options
    Yes. Very much afraid.
  • Pocobor
    69 posts Member
    Options
    I throw everything at Daka when I have to fight a team with her. Nothing worse than killing a Dooku then having her bring him back.
  • Suikoden
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda attacks
    QJ attacks
    Rey dead
    Rey not dead?
    Sid kills her
    Move along
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Krey wrote: »
    Rey is part of it, but not all of it.

People will avoid your team if they do not feel like they have the toons it takes to beat you reliably. So, by adding Rey, what you have most likely done is given those in your arena group one too many problems to deal with.

But it is only temperary. As they aquire and develop characters, it gets to the point where everyone can pretty much beat everyone no matter what team you manage to put together.

However, that doesn't mean you have to make it easy for them.

That's pretty much it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Suikoden wrote: »
    Yoda attacks
    QJ attacks
    Rey dead
    Rey not dead?
    Sid kills her
    Move along
    ...Daka rez's Rey....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Suikoden
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Suikoden wrote: »
    Yoda attacks
    QJ attacks
    Rey dead
    Rey not dead?
    Sid kills her
    Move along
    ...Daka rez's Rey....

Maybe rez's Rey.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Rey would be 1st priority followed by Daka.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of Rey....
    so much that I wasn't able to watch TFA yet. Yes, really.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's because you use Daka and Dooku. I avoid fighting teams so RNG heavy. Rey is no big deal. My sid put dots on her before she has a chance to attack. GS would be better replacement than Rey, since he can call for assist Daka or Dooku and stun again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENf9Gcejbk4&feature=youtu.be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xye0KPJUFFE
    50BKE6J.jpg

• Options
    Yep I am afraid of Rey. If i dont take her down on my first 2 characters she always destroys me and gets foresight and shes a unhitable cannon of fury!
  • Options
    I am not concerned with Rey, but that is just me. Majority are probably concerned seeing her in your roster.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of Rey....

Nothing to do with speed. Just her 1-hit KOs and constant reapplying foresight... Plus she dodges everything until she reapplies foresight....

Thats literally an unkillable destructive force.

My 6* Rey usually dies before moving when I play on arena. GS, QGJ usually 1 shot her, Dooku and sid go first and may finish her or debuff. Phasma is another way to kill her. Poggle, another Rey or same speed are also threats
  • Al_Tiz
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is too squishy and not nearly fast enough, just like Maul and Ig-88. These guys need support like Daka or Poe to be viable at the top in Arena. In your set up it would be easy to win by taking out Daka first then Rey, Qui-gon, Lumi, and finally Dooku.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oh I forgot that. Yoda goes first and can reduce turn meter ;)
  • Options
    As stated, it's the combination that deters people. Rey + Daka = who to take down first? Teams more powerful can best that team easy, but the lower ones, I.e the ones trying to take your rank might be deterred. In that team i personally would look for an easier opponent. But if in top 20, I might not be so averse to taking that team on.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    It's because you use Daka and Dooku. I avoid fighting teams so RNG heavy. Rey is no big deal. My sid put dots on her before she has a chance to attack. GS would be better replacement than Rey, since he can call for assist Daka or Dooku and stun again.

These are hilarious. Yes, I think everyone is afraid of daka for this exact reason and kill her first, and if she rez herself then you are screwed. Rey is not that big a deal, but you have to deal with her first. If you let her have a turn, then with the foresight she can become pretty annoying. So yeah Rey + Daka = bad news. Add pesky dooku and its move along lets fight someone else.
  • Options
    Phasma, Rey and daka makes me edgy. I avoid it if I can. If I can't get Rey down on the first turn then I may as well throw in the towel