The "Real" Important Question

Pile
619 posts Member
So now they we have Fallen Bastila and Canderous drop together ala Bastilla/Jolee, one could safely assume that the release cadence for the next legendary (Darth Revan most likely) will be the same. What's the guess on the next 3 marquee to drop?

Replies

• Options
    Not many characters left... Malak, Juhani, Carth.. Maybe HK following a rework
  • Options
    Kylo Nord?
  • Options
    You mean Calo Nord^^ Just a side character but who knows...
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Lcfsat wrote: »

To be fair, he was a very cool side character. I remember trying to talk to him at the cantina at the beginning of the game and getting killed by him. He was a fun bounty hunter to face in the game and I thought he was a pretty interesting part of the story.
  • Options
    Lio wrote: »
    Lcfsat wrote: »

To be fair, he was a very cool side character. I remember trying to talk to him at the cantina at the beginning of the game and getting killed by him. He was a fun bounty hunter to face in the game and I thought he was a pretty interesting part of the story.

1.... 2...... 3......
  • Options
    Hk, Badstilla (good Bastilla in my opinion and play through...), Canderous, and 2 more for Darth Revan. Which means another cash craze. I don't think it will be Jedi Knight Alek, aka Darth Malek. They will have to reach to get the last 2 characters. Technically Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper could work... But Trooper actually has lightsabers in the game...

Btw... Darth Revan doesn't sound near as ominous when you realize he was Jedi Knight Evan. I don't blame him or Malek for changing their name lol.
  • Options
    Hk, Badstilla (good Bastilla in my opinion and play through...), Canderous, and 2 more for Darth Revan. Which means another cash craze. I don't think it will be Jedi Knight Alek, aka Darth Malek. They will have to reach to get the last 2 characters. Technically Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper could work... But Trooper actually has lightsabers in the game...

Btw... Darth Revan doesn't sound near as ominous when you realize he was Jedi Knight Evan. I don't blame him or Malek for changing their name lol.

Revan didn't change his name. No one knew Revan's real name or origin. Malak changed his name from "Alek" during a mission for the Jedi and decided her preferred it. But Revan was never "Evan".
  • Options
    They need to give more time to people who spent 300$ for revan to play with their revan and have fun being top 1 in arena.

In about few months, they can release new legendary for darth revan so that people can buy the new revan for another 300$ and be top 1 in arena again
  • Options
    They need to give more time to people who spent 300$ for revan to play with their revan and have fun being top 1 in arena.

In about few months, they can release new legendary for darth revan so that people can buy the new revan for another 300$ and be top 1 in arena again

I sincerely hope this is a sarcastic post and not serious
  • Options
    More concerned with how CG has decided Darth Traya is the flagship character over Rey. Traya is Arena meta and overpowered beyond her original character in STR. While I enjoy the Old Republic characters inclusion in the game, EA/CG has once again proven “their” toons are more important than canon. Instead of a balanced game we get more OP toons causing more and more power creep.
  • Options
    More concerned with how CG has decided Darth Traya is the flagship character over Rey. Traya is Arena meta and overpowered beyond her original character in STR. While I enjoy the Old Republic characters inclusion in the game, EA/CG has once again proven “their” toons are more important than canon. Instead of a balanced game we get more OP toons causing more and more power creep.

As with any game, power creep must occur to keep people interested in the new content. If a single team were meta for 3+ years, players who have used it the whole time would have quit long ago.

They announced the impending release of more Original Trilogy characters, and most of those will likely be very powerful, and Jedi Knight Luke will probably beat Revan, Traya, etc.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Meta comes and goes. Darth Traya is only good for Arena, TW but Rey has uses in TB/TW and Raids
    Traya just came in Feb and is already starting to fade. They wanted her utility to be as good as General Kenobi (18 months) and wanted Raid characters to have long lasting utility and it failed in that area
    Her kit is fine and she’s only overpowered due to DN / Sion synergy. She’s OP because she’s a package deal. Try running Traya without the other two and she’s a gimmick unlike Raid Han and GK which are multi-purpose Raid toons that can mix and match in any composition

I don’t like that Traya is very reliant on Sion and Nihilus and doesn’t have her own legs to stand on

It’s good that Rey is losing shine because that means her return will be all the more dominant, welcome and refreshing once episode 9 comes out rather than 2 years of Jedi Rey followed by Jedi Rey (Episode 9) for another year or more
  • Options
    Think you mean Darth Rey will be good it SWGOH. She goes to the dark side after getting super jelly over Finn + Rose romance. Then when she puts on the ancient sith crystal she found in episode8 she will realize that she was cloned from Revan by Palpatine and will decide to end all life and will scour the galaxy looking for Infinity Stones and will be in Avengers5 as the main villian.
  • Options

KOTOR characters have more content and story than your canon Mary "Rey" Sue. Besides, all of us know that one day the undeniable leader in the game will be Jedi Luke. But they are probably saving Jedi Luke until the company isn't doing so well financially to get a final cash cow out of it.

PS The new trilogy is turning out worse than the prequel trilogy.
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »
    So now they we have Fallen Bastila and Canderous drop together ala Bastilla/Jolee, one could safely assume that the release cadence for the next legendary (Darth Revan most likely) will be the same. What's the guess on the next 3 marquee to drop?

OP, My hopes are that we have something like this:

Sith Bastila (Sastila for short), Canderous, Reworked HK-47 (not relaunched), Juhani and Carth Onasi, but near the end you have to kill both of them. They might be required for the first 2 or 3 phases, but then they are part of the last phase and you have to kill them.
  • Options
    Psilosin wrote: »
    Think you mean Darth Rey will be good it SWGOH. She goes to the dark side after getting super jelly over Finn + Rose romance. Then when she puts on the ancient sith crystal she found in episode8 she will realize that she was cloned from Revan by Palpatine and will decide to end all life and will scour the galaxy looking for Infinity Stones and will be in Avengers5 as the main villian.

I would watch that movie!
  • Options

Revan didn't change his name. No one knew Revan's real name or origin. Malak changed his name from "Alek" during a mission for the Jedi and decided her preferred it. But Revan was never "Evan".

It's hinted at and if you think about it then it makes sense that it could have and probably did happen. It's true it isn't confirmed... But Malek followed Revan and the example he set... Up to being his apprentice.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Meta comes and goes. Darth Traya is only good for Arena, TW but Rey has uses in TB/TW and Raids
    Traya just came in Feb and is already starting to fade. They wanted her utility to be as good as General Kenobi (18 months) and wanted Raid characters to have long lasting utility and it failed in that area
    Her kit is fine and she’s only overpowered due to DN / Sion synergy. She’s OP because she’s a package deal. Try running Traya without the other two and she’s a gimmick unlike Raid Han and GK which are multi-purpose Raid toons that can mix and match in any composition

I don’t like that Traya is very reliant on Sion and Nihilus and doesn’t have her own legs to stand on

It’s good that Rey is losing shine because that means her return will be all the more dominant, welcome and refreshing once episode 9 comes out rather than 2 years of Jedi Rey followed by Jedi Rey (Episode 9) for another year or more

Oh I agree... Let's get rid of all the barely named in the movies but ridiculouly overpowered LS toons and stop that practice immediately...

Unfortunately power creep is real. And traya was ridiculously powerful.

There must always be a Darth Traya... The Lord of Betrayal.
  • Options
    I thought the real important question is why is every toon released with bugs?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    I thought the real important question is why is every toon released with bugs?

Because EA is a tech company and there is a rule that every release that any tech company ever does have at least one bug.
  • Options
    Psilosin wrote: »

And then star wars 9 will consist of flashes between kylo Ren being tormented for all those he killed and then Thorins voice coming in "I am not my grandfather"
  • Options

She’s actually as powerful as her original appearance in KOTOR 2. She went through the whole game training Meetra Surik and mingling with the other party members only to betray everyone and become the most powerful Sith in the game and the final boss. I’d say CG did her justice IMHO.
  • Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »

She’s actually as powerful as her original appearance in KOTOR 2. She went through the whole game training Meetra Surik and mingling with the other party members only to betray everyone and become the most powerful Sith in the game and the final boss. I’d say CG did her justice IMHO.

Traya garnered her power from her force bond with Surik. Surik has a power similar to Palpatine in the Dark Horse comics and very near exact to Bastila’s Force Meditation. But unlike Bastila, Palpatine had control of all his troops, Force users and non Force users.

Remember when Traya fights Sion he takes her hand and nearly destroys the Ebon Hawk. Traya never faces Nihilus. And finally the Force and the player heal the wounds in the Force and destroy Traya. She is a complex player and no doubt, I am not arguing her mastery of both Jedi and Sith knowledge, but she is a bit OP in SWGOH. Had Visas been her apprentice and had synergy with her as Kreia I’d have accepted it a little better.

I think Gumpy Luke will come before RoJ Luke does.
  • Options
    Well old republic/ancient characters were more powerful the pt ot and St characters, if you're any good with reading
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Nothing is important, otherwise, I would have dumped all my Carbanti and Zetas >:) continue to stockpile gear and Zetas...
    WiOWv2k.jpg
    ZfEq4bw.jpg
  • Options
    I think (hope) we'll get Malak before Darth Revan. Would be cool if we got Jedi Malak (forgot his "real" name) before Darth Malak.
    Looks like CG will finish giving us KOTOR toons before they start releasing OT toons again. I guess they are not in a rush to release Jedi Knight Luke's Hero event since it will require farmable toons (if they follow the same logic as CLS event). They could throw a curve ball and include Lobot in the event requirement...
    Which toons do you guys think we'll need to unlock JKLS ?
    My guess: ROLO, CHS, CLS, Lando, OT Chewy
    P1: Hoth: CLS Vs Wampa
    P2: Hoth: CHS/OTC Vs Imperial probe droids
    P3: Hoth Battle: ROLO/CHS/CLS/OTC Vs Snow Troopers/Veers/Starch
    P4: Dagoba: CLS Vs Vader
    P5: Bespin: ROLO/CHS/OTC Vs Vader/Troopers
    P6: Bespin: ROLO/CHS/OTC/Lando Vs Boba/Troopers
    P7: Bespin: CLS Vs Vader
    Maybe they'll release 3PO by then to replace Lando...
  • Options
    U assume these characters are bein deopped for darth revan but the more likely option will be darth malek. I dont think we would get both revans within a 3-4 month span. I think darth revan is further down the road. Just my opinion tho.