Mission Shard Drop Rates

Prev1
USAFmedic129
1538 posts Member
edited November 2018
Anyone else having horrible luck with Mission’s cantina node.

Over the last several days I have spent all earned cantina energy and refreshes on her and earned 1 character shard and 2 purple ability mats per day. I got T3 up to 7* in under a month. Is Mission the vHan of Revan?

Replies

• Options
    I was just thinking this... Sure it's just a bad run, but it still stinks
  • Options
    I am having worse luck with t3 than mission... I think people are claiming one of them have lower drop rates, but it's 30% vs 35%, not like 5%
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone else having horrible luck with Mission’s cantina node.

Over the last several days I have spent all earned cantina energy and refreshes on her and earned 1 character shard and 2 purple ability mats per day. I got T3 up to 7* in under a month. Is Mission the vHan of Revan?

It's RNG + more expensive node.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I’m at 58/245 on Mission (about 24% drop rate). I could be off because I didn’t really track T3, but I think his drop rate was about 37%.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Lol that's pretty specific for not tracking it.
  • Options
    I am also having unusually poor drop rates of mission shards.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol that's pretty specific for not tracking it.

Estimates
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Yes and 37% is a pretty specific estimate. But ok.
  • Options

He meant 37% +- 15%, which I believe to be totally accurate.
  • Options
    I switched to T3-M4 because the rate was just so terrible. Now I just swap between the two like a bandaid for the pain.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    The overall game-wide rate is the same.
  • Options

I guessed that I simmed his node 21 times a day for 32 days, which gave me the 250 shards I needed. That’s about 37%.
  • Options
    I've not had any issues with Mission (7*) or T3 (6*, 51/100).

Jolee and Z however have been terrible recently.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    Key word: Recently
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    I would love it if someone actually shows a certain character has a significantly lower droprate when farming them from marquee to 7*. Why can't people just do that instead of asking/saying it's less due to percieving a lower droprate?
    I'm no expert in statistics by any means, but the roughly 900 attempts it takes to farm 280 shards (assuming 30/33% droprate is the case) would come close to a reliable representation of the droprate right?
    unlike feeling you've gotten a horrible droprate the last couple of days..
  • Options
    Vet Chewie: 305/799 - 38.17%
    Qi'ra: (currently) 75/275 -27.27%
  • Options
    The thing about probabilities - everyone's individual results will still vary. But over a large enough sample size, the overall drop rate is highly likely to center around the theoretical drop rate (assuming all characters have the same drop rate, which has always been the "party line" from the devs).

For example: Vendi's numbers *can* be broken into individual characters...but I believe it's more accurate to combine them into a 380/1074 = 35% drop rate over those two characters. Since I believe the drop rate should be 30%, that means he's experiencing a statistically "lucky" break, and there is likely a corresponding person who is experiencing a 25% drop rate.
  • Options
    Holding steady at 1 shard per refresh, today. The drop rate on ability mats is terrible, too. I know it’s just my horrible RNG this week and as pointed out it’s 16 energy instead of 10 or 12 which is 1 top less per refresh.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Not to put anyone to sleep with statistics, but to add to what @jkray622 said, it takes a very large sample size to be sure of what a random number drop is.

In order to be 99% sure what the actual drop rate is with a even a +/- 5 percent on either side the sample size needs to be 666 attempts.

So even 2 people did the same 666 attempts there is only a 99% chance that both of them would be within 5% of the actual drop rate. Meaning that I could (though highly unlikely) get a 35% drop rate, someone else could get a 25% drop rate (assuming the actual drop rate is 30%), even with 666 attempts (and no I am not making that number up).

If you want to be 99% sure with a +/- of 1 you need to do 16,641 attempts.

With an expected percentage of 30 if you were to do 20 attempts (which I believe is the max you can do at one time in the game) you can be 99% sure that the drop rate will be between 3.56% and 56.44% or 30% +/- 26.44%. In other words 20 attempts gives you no clue about what the percentage is and the drops at that low a sample size can be wildly different.

TLDR - none of us are doing a large enough sample size (attempts) on a single node in a row to remove the RNG and get a true drop rate for that node.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Even under double drops I am only getting 0-1 shard returns on Mission. This is also now day 3 of no shards dropping for Zalbar in either fleet or hard node. The RNG in this game is just too much. Grats to those with awesome shard drop rates.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    3 days of not a single shard from either hard or fleet? I find that hard to believe. Are you doing 8 of each for each day? You either have the worst possible luck of anyone in the game, or you're exaggerating.
  • Options
    3 days of not a single shard from either hard or fleet? I find that hard to believe. Are you doing 8 of each for each day? You either have the worst possible luck of anyone in the game, or you're exaggerating.

There is no exaggerating a drop. You either get a shard or you don’t. I do 8 hard nodes of Jolee and 8 of Zalbar with 2 refreshes of Zalbar Hard node only and 3 refreshes of Mission per day. Even the purple ability mats with Mission are garbage drop rate. On a bonus drop chance of 7 sims I netted 2. There is no reason to lie or eggagerate a crappy drop rate node.
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    There's no reason for people to complain about getting a free stun cuff and free carbanti but they still do it.

If you get zero shards from 32 sims three straight days, you're the only one.

EDIT: This is my last post about it because I've already given more time to it than it deserves.
  • Options
    Even under double drops I am only getting 0-1 shard returns on Mission. This is also now day 3 of no shards dropping for Zalbar in either fleet or hard node. The RNG in this game is just too much. Grats to those with awesome shard drop rates.

You can't get 1 shard drops under double drops; 1 is not a multiple of 2.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    @FailingCrab are you sure though? CG might have found a way to make it so.

uvif1rxou1lx.gif
  • Options
    'Hiya holotable heroes!

Now that Double Drops are over we're thrilled to let you know that the shard drops for Hard Nodes have been changed to 0.5 shards per drop. That gives you even more opportunity to farm gear so you can enjoy your favourite toons when you unlock them!'
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    The pain is real.

bgksfoyzzl7m.png
    v8qkoc0brg7j.png
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • Options

You can't get 1 shard drops under double drops; 1 is not a multiple of 2.

1 shard under double drops does = 2, but it still counts as a single shard per attempt. I am just being given a free shard if I happen to get lucky and actually get one from her node
  • Options
    Character shard drop rates are 30-35% across all nodes. Period. Entire guilds have tracked the data. Search is your friend. Your "feelings" or past week of "bad luck" are variance.
    Vent about a bad run? Sure, I guess. Try to claim that drop rates have suddenly been changed for you...or the character you're farming? Just stop..it makes you look silly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I've averaged 15-17% drop rate for the last 9 days