Mod advice needed - How to beat Revan with Traya and Fallen Bastila

plindboe
281 posts Member
edited November 2018
The gamechangers made it look so easy, but I still can't beat Revan teams with my Traya, Nihilus, Sion, Fallen Bastila, Thrawn. I guess my modding is the problem.

Here's my team:

Traya (253 speed, 46k health, 54k protection, 37,5% armor, 82% tenacity)
Nihilus (246 speed)
Sion (287 speed)
Fallen Bastila (215 speed, 86% potency)
Thrawn (302 speed)

My profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/443356677/

What goes wrong is that my Nihilus always goes before Sion, which means that I can't use drain force. My Traya survives the first barrage after she's marked, but not the second time she's marked, and Nihilus is not near annihilate before he gets marked, and then it's all over.

A couple of questions:

(1) How fast does Sion have to be compared to Nihilus to make sure that Sion goes first? I don't like to make Nihilus slow as a snail, but it seems like I'll have to, to make sure Sion goes first.

(2) How important is the critical avoidance mod on Traya? I've been reluctant to replace her +32 speed mod with great secondary stats, because the only crit avoidance mod I have is a +24% crit avoidance mod with average secondary stats.

Any advice appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    I put the crit avoidance mod on Traya. It’s not the speed you have to worry about for her.

Very rarely does Sion go first for me. In fact, it’s typically a poor version of a Revan team when Sion goes first.

Generally what I do is use DN’s basic, thrawn fractures revan, Sion torment to dispel everything so that when DN comes up again I can use drain force. If Sion gets pain on yoda then it’s pretty much game over. If not, it can be a struggle. When Traya finally gets to isolate on her second turn I’ll use that on one of the yodas, hermit if he’s present and not in stealth. Otherwise I’ll use it on gmy to keep him from giving everyone foresight ever two seconds.

Revan will very rarely get to use direct focus twice. Between fracture and drain force you should be able to keep him at bay. Of course shock GK and/or GMY and stun anyone other than revan or Jolee. Other than that it should be fairly easy.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome reply, sying!

The gamechangers all said to fracture Yoda first. Perhaps it's because they have insane mods, so their solution worked for them, but not for players like me, even though my mods are pretty decent.

I just tried your method, and it worked! Made a few mistakes, where yoda was revived and Jolee was saved by Savior, but I still made it.
  • Options
    Make Sion 1 speed faster than thrawn.

Revan goes, DN gains TM, but just use basic. Sion goes-mass dispell. Thrawn goes-swap TM with DN. DN goes-drain.

Then you've got a chance
  • Options
    I tried fracturing yoda first because the little punk goes about thousand times per match. I’ve found that if you can keep Traya alive then she can isolate him and the match becomes fairly formulaic. For me, making sure revan doesn’t use direct focus twice is key.

@Skiddlydiddly that will make for a slowish thrawn. One thing I didn’t mention in my post above, is to use the tm swap on Traya when it comes up to give her some needed protection. If you’re using that on DN right off the bat then you’re losing a chance to give Traya some more time in the match.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    i have traya with 58k health, 45% armor, 56% tenacity and 178 speed, the speed on the other are pretty much the same, my bsf is at 255
    after the first mark its a 50-50 between yoda and dn as both will be at 100%, if dn goes first then i use force drain, if yoda goes, then basic
    fracture revan to slow him, and give tm to dn or traya, stun and shock yoda when possible, that completely neuter him, the first anhilate goes to revan, isolate jolee to avoid his reviving
    easy peasy
    there is a shardmate who runs og chewie guarding yoda, this is the only case where i fracture yoda instead of revan
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    I thought you cant revive annihilated toons?
  • Options
    plindboe wrote: »
    Thanks for the awesome reply, sying!

The gamechangers all said to fracture Yoda first. Perhaps it's because they have insane mods, so their solution worked for them, but not for players like me, even though my mods are pretty decent.

I just tried your method, and it worked! Made a few mistakes, where yoda was revived and Jolee was saved by Savior, but I still made it.

Yeah, the key is to fracture revan, not Yoda. I've come to find that most of the gamechangers are actually bad at playing the game
  • Options
    Get rid of speed arrow and speed set. Survivable your traya should be. Moreover protection over health primary imo.

I’ve beaten all the Revans on a April 2016 shard with my modding.

https://swgoh.gg/p/662758759/characters/darth-traya

• Options
    @plindboe well I have a similar team to yours and I have no problem at all. Here’s a little video vs one of our top Revan teams. I made a few mistakes but like a lot of people mentioned over here, it’s a fixed pattern.
    - basic on DN is your first move
    - Fracture yoda
    - Make sure Revan doesn’t have foresight use basic.
    - Force drain
    - Tm swap with traya to keep her alive.
    - Annihilate Revan
    - Isolate Revan if he’s not dead or isolate yoda
    - Kill jolee
    - Game over
    - https://youtu.be/tWsrngZLJwI
  • Options
    Oh and crit avoidance on arrow mod for traya. I swear by that.
  • Options
    Fracture revan, Isolate gmy/give the cd reduction to thrawn, annihalate jolee,kill isolated gmy. Swap tm with traya to bring isolate faster. Next iso should go on revan.

Fastest procedure.^