Just a compliment to the Devs

I was recently in a ship battle and just observed everything in screen for a minute. The atmosphere in the battle was great as I was able to see ships fighting in the distance, gaseous clouds in space, little things that add so much to the game.

I just wanted to thank the devs who make these small but significant aesthetic improvements to the "universe" of the game. Really helps with immersion.

There have been numerous additions like this that, including numerous vibrant backdrops for battles, or something like a characters reflection on a metallic surface.

Bonus points to these guys(and hopefully a bonus check😉)

Great work!

Replies

• Options
    Audio quality too. I had played for years without sound and decided to plug my bose headphones in. I was super impressed by the audio quality. Cheers to a beautiful game.
  • Options
    Stream it to a TV and it sounds excellent and actually scales up pretty well. Play all the time on my brother's 65". Massive Galactic War march!
  • Options
    I'll drink to that. Say whatever the heck you want, this is an amazing-looking game.
  • Options
    I gave them huge kudos for the sound quality, visuals and backgrounds at the Q&A. It’s Star Wars regardless of everything else.
  • Options
    Cheers and +1 to all this. I like playing this game and the great graphics, models, and sounds only enhance it.
  • Options
    I was just thinking this yesterday, great post and great job devs! 😄.
  • Options
    Do yourself a favour then and spend a little bit of time looking closely at the band in the ship part of the cantina. Someone spent quite some time synchronizing the members of the band with the music. That is quite an amazing sense of details.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    You guys are all drunk. Saw better stuff in the mobile era. Just looking at Grievous undetailed body and the basic shot, hit and granade sounds.

I don't drink. I still like this game
  • Options
    How about putting my two ship slots back into my fleet. As they were when I worked two years to get them
  • Options
    Optimist: "Game looks great!"

Pessimist: "No it doesn't."

Star Wars Fan: "Han shot first."

End of negativity.

Unless you're one of those "Greedo Truthers" ugh...
  • Options
    The artwork in this game is fantastic too!
  • Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour then and spend a little bit of time looking closely at the band in the ship part of the cantina. Someone spent quite some time synchronizing the members of the band with the music. That is quite an amazing sense of details.

When ships first came out I listened to that song for like half an hour. And speaking of the music, ever notice that they manage to find different songs for each map and play the different character themes when you star them up? I always blare my phone volume whenever I upgrade the stars on a toon. My favorites have been hermit yoda, Vader, maul, Grievous, thrawn, and whenever I level a Jedi. Some of them, however, have themes, but they play generic music for them upon leveling them up. Kylo and the rest of the first order have themes, but they aren’t used. I hope they add the battle music for Darth Malak, but if not the sith theme they currently have works great.

And then there’s all the completely unique animations that characters have for their attacks. GK, nihilus, Sion, dooku, Grievous, yoda, CLS, Rey, KRUM, revan, both bastillas, both ahsokas, and Vader all have completely unique animations for their basic attacks alone. Not to mention the blaster heroes like jango, Sabine, Rex, fives, han(s), and chewie(s) who have special animations. And then there’s all the stances that the characters have that reflect the way they look on the big screen. Vader holds his saber at his side, Luke holds his out in front (like on cloud city), royal guard hold his force pike like a rifle, qui gon holds his like he does when fighting maul (ataru stance, as shared with GMY), Kylo’s stance is like how he stood in the trailer for TFA, and Kanan and Ezra share stances and basic attack animations, showing that they both had the same training.

Whether or not all of these were completely intentional, they are all appreciated. Every character could have just as easily had the same blaster animation or had the same standard downward chop with the lightsaber, but the devs put in the effort to make everyone (or at least most of the characters) completely unique.
  • Options

On the fleet screen, if you tap the monitor that shows the X-wings, it switches to a close-up of the band. I discovered this by mistakenly fat-fingering it. Just a cool little semi-hidden detail.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    I always blare my phone volume whenever I upgrade the stars on a toon.

I hope they add the battle music for Darth Malak, but if not the sith theme.

KOTOR main menu/character creation theme and sith battle! Both top notch tracks. Also I definately blast it when I get ampd over a character bump.

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

On the fleet screen, if you tap the monitor that shows the X-wings, it switches to a close-up of the band. I discovered this by mistakenly fat-fingering it. Just a cool little semi-hidden detail.

OMG, and when the view angle changes, the flying droid camera moves in sync with it. Too cool!
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    Thank you for posting something positive on here!😀The graphics ARE amazing, I really appreciate them, and they seem to be getting even smoother!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    The Devs bust their ****. Ty
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously look at this.
    Not a marquee fan... But wow.
    I can see big efforts for reproducing the ambient of KOTOR.
    rzdhzrev6aek.png
    A lot of things in this game are bugging me...
    But thumbs up for theses much appreciated " details "
  • Options
    Great point! Thanks for the positivity.

And thank you to the devs for such an amazing job!