Those with OCD. QOL REQUEST

Prev1
While i am personally not affected by this a number iny guild and alliance are impacted. And it occurs most often when CG creates a cost disparity like they did with the weekly shipments updates to give maul and qgj shards.

It essentially creates a huge burden on many players where it creates an odd value of token currency. And can create a huge conflict for people with ocd. I am asking CG to make decisions about costs of items in store to help those with the affliction. I know quite a few won't do the purchase simply because it will create an odd value. The quickest solution is to do a certain amount of GW events to make it a even value but then the player will sacrifice a free omega just to keep there currency at an ocd exceptable level.

I hope for those with ocd chime in if i failed to explain it correctly. But i figure this conversation should happen!

Replies

• Options
    If that was such an issue, why not simply do part of a Gw so your tokens are at whatever the acceptable level is?
  • Options
    Wow, . . . My apologies that slipped right past, sorry.
  • Options
    You should see the exact amount of credits you have, that would trigger your OCD...
  • Options
    Although, how exactly do you arrive at the conclusion you miss a free omega? You have a chance for one yes, But It’s not garunteed to get one. And you do not need to finish the entire Gw table to claim your daily omega .

So where is there a sacrifice? Other then the chance for one from the last node?
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    No sir, you can actually qualify for the daily activity one by simply entering node one, and retreating, that counts as the one attempt needed .,

That’s how we used to get our dailies while saving Gw tables for tues night to max the guild activity out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Although, how exactly do you arrive at the conclusion you miss a free omega? You have a chance for one yes, But It’s not garunteed to get one. And you do not need to finish the entire Gw table to claim your daily omega .

So where is there a sacrifice? Other then the chance for one from the last node?

I don't have it up but doesn't the daily omega require you to clear GW fully as a daily requirement. The GW requirement escapes me at the moment

No the daily GW can be fulfilled by simply starting a match and then quitting.

A full clear has never been a requirement.
  • Options

I don't have it up but doesn't the daily omega require you to clear GW fully as a daily requirement. The GW requirement escapes me at the moment

No. You just need to go into one GW battle. You don't even need to win.
  • Options
    +1
    I’m going to ignore the QGJ shards because I’m not going to leave myself 100 currency short. And then I’ll have much regrets if CG suddenly becomes generous and offers this for 4 weeks. :'(
  • Options
    But...why not just NOT complete GW fully for one date. It shouldn't hurt you too much to miss a day of it, especially if you're and endgame player, and already have all the toons in the store.

It has been a while but i believe its

Or something to that effect.

This seems like a problem you could easily fix yourself....then again i guess some people just like complaining.

• Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    But...why not just NOT complete GW fully for one date. It shouldn't hurt you too much to miss a day of it, especially if you're and endgame player, and already have all the toons in the store.

It has been a while but i believe its

Or something to that effect.

This seems like a problem you could easily fix yourself....then again i guess some people just like complaining.

Already addressed in multiple responses and in my original post. I think your missing that it's not a complaint it's a real issue people have. And sacrificing gw to solve a actual clinical identified affliction would be like cg ignoring the problems of those that are color blind which was resolved in mods 2.0. Granted while cg can't possibly accommodate every possible affliction or problem people have there are some they can resolve easily. Asking a developer to come up with a solution isn't complaining. I wish people would stop associating asking for consideration to fix something that potentially affects millions of players with complaining.

I mean you can dismiss nearly anything anyone says as complaining it's like calling everything fake news. It's an easy dismissal of the point of the discussion

But it is fake news. Fake news you're starting, so please stop.

Complain about real OCD issues like,

EVERY other form of currency in game, literally every single one causes worse OCD due to lack of control unlike GW tokens.

The crazy thing is that there aren't any complaints because its what we call a "non issue" or fake news as you put. Stop trying to light a dumpster fire over a 3rd year anniversery gift.

Threads like this is how we lose nice things, like Marquee toons in the shard shop, or double drops included in GW.

CG please ignore this complaint the gift was much appreciated. There are already fixes in game for this.
  • Options
    It doesn't make sense at all. If you've spent the 100 currency, the only way to get exactly 100 currency back is doing only the first 3 nodes for 100. Assuming you normally can sim GW anyway, only completing the first 3 nodes is effectively giving up 1100 GW Currency, whatever crystals and shards from the last few nodes as well as the chance for an Omega. Just the 1200 GW Currency alone can buy 3 shipments of ship blueprints. And crystals plus chance of omega is way better than some lame QGJ shards being fed to shard shop anyway.

It's not fake news and is a related issue to something which CG has acknowledged. People used to have something like 25 GW Currency missing because you used to be able to refresh GW shipments for 25. CG GAVE these people 25 currency just so that their currency total can become a nice whole number again. So once again you're wrong, this is a real issue and more valid complaint than most of the other crackpot complaints around here.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense at all. If you've spent the 100 currency, the only way to get exactly 100 currency back is doing only the first 3 nodes for 100. Assuming you normally can sim GW anyway, only completing the first 3 nodes is effectively giving up 1100 GW Currency, whatever crystals and shards from the last few nodes as well as the chance for an Omega. Just the 1200 GW Currency alone can buy 3 shipments of ship blueprints. And crystals plus chance of omega is way better than some lame QGJ shards being fed to shard shop anyway.

It's not fake news and is a related issue to something which CG has acknowledged. People used to have something like 25 GW Currency missing because you used to be able to refresh GW shipments for 25. CG GAVE these people 25 currency just so that their currency total can become a nice whole number again. So once again you're wrong, this is a real issue and more valid complaint than most of the other crackpot complaints around here.

Yeah youre right, i demand that all my currency be rounded up immediately because others have OCD!

But seriously this is complete fake news. When there are actual things they could be fixing, like that red circle on characters/ships, those are bothersome.

I dont understand the problem here because there is already a solution to it...you dont like it? Too bad then. I mean honestly try to be an adult here. Its either, your OCD bothering you or the POTENTIAL for an Omega. Its either a real life thing or an omega. Not a hard choice, at least not a hard choice for those that actually have OCD...

And your point is very valid. If you dont think the shards are worth it then why buy them and trigger yourself.

If im allergic to milk and i see icecream on sale, i dont go buy and eat the ice cream then COMPLAIN because my stomach hurts. Or i dont go complain that ice cream being on sale isnt fair because it hurts my stomach.

Yalls argument is really ridiculous.
  • Options

Yeah youre right, i demand that all my currency be rounded up immediately because others have OCD!

But seriously this is complete fake news. When there are actual things they could be fixing, like that red circle on characters/ships, those are bothersome.

I dont understand the problem here because there is already a solution to it...you dont like it? Too bad then. I mean honestly try to be an adult here. Its either, your OCD bothering you or the POTENTIAL for an Omega. Its either a real life thing or an omega. Not a hard choice, at least not a hard choice for those that actually have OCD...

And your point is very valid. If you dont think the shards are worth it then why buy them and trigger yourself.

If im allergic to milk and i see icecream on sale, i dont go buy and eat the ice cream then COMPLAIN because my stomach hurts. Or i dont go complain that ice cream being on sale isnt fair because it hurts my stomach.

Read my above post where I said I'm ignoring the QGJ shards. I'm not buying it because "I'm allergic to milk". In fact, it's not even me who's complaining about it. I'm just pointing out that it is a valid issue and CG has done something about it before, and since you sir agree that my point is very valid, I believe you can stop with your own complaints about people raising an issue.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    OCD is often used as an excuse, but if you're really suffering from OCD i'm reasonably sure that even ingame not being able to buy the 25 shards or having the leave 9 nodes open are the least of your worries.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »
    OCD is often used as an excuse, but if you're really suffering from OCD i'm reasonably sure that even ingame not being able to buy the 25 shards or having the leave 9 nodes open are the least of your worries.

So you're saying that since OCD is casually used in language today and used to describe benign things, we should discard those that say this bothers? Awesome!

No, i'm saying that OCD is often used as an excuse by people who actually aren't suffering from the clinical condition that does excist.
    If a player is really suffering from OCD and because of that he/she can't buy the 25 shards voor 100 tokens, that is the least of his/her worries.
    So no, i'm not saying we should discard all the people who say this bothers them because OCD is used casually in language today. I'm saying we should discard all the players saying it bothers them that use OCD as an excuse to get what they want. The ones not using it as an excuse are probably having a really hard time playing this game without hurting their own performance on so many levels that not being able to buy those 25 shards is not that big of a problem in the grand scheme of things, that is if they're even capable of playing this game in the first place while dealing with their OCD.
    So what's the goal here?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

So you're saying that since OCD is casually used in language today and used to describe benign things, we should discard those that say this bothers? Awesome!

No, i'm saying that OCD is often used as an excuse by people who actually aren't suffering from the clinical condition that does excist.
    If a player is really suffering from OCD and because of that he/she can't buy the 25 shards voor 100 tokens, that is the least of his/her worries.
    So no, i'm not saying we should discard all the people who say this bothers them because OCD is used casually in language today. I'm saying we should discard all the players saying it bothers them that use OCD as an excuse to get what they want. The ones not using it as an excuse are probably having a really hard time playing this game without hurting their own performance on so many levels that not being able to buy those 25 shards is not that big of a problem in the grand scheme of things, that is if they're even capable of playing this game in the first place while dealing with their OCD.
    So what's the goal here?

Your point is so much better articulated i appreciate the clarity. While i agree it used to casually in today's society i felt compelled to at least acknowledge to cg that this condition exists as it has affected quite a few members i know play the game and figured it might affect a lot more once I thought about it and thus created this post to get cg attention.

While i know you used very definitive language to articulate your point i personally don't think we can collectively make the statement that buying 25 qgj shards is the least of an ocd persons problems. I'd assume like many conditions there are shades of Grey some cases are extreme others might be mild. To collectively say they all suffer equally is incorrect.

The goal is to at least give those with ocd an opportunity to give there feedback on it to cg. Nothing more. That's all we can do.

I'm all for making the game as least annoying as possible for the players. However, i don't feel like this game could or should cater to players suffering from OCD. That feels like asking an escape room to cater to people with claustrofobia.
    I personally suffer from neither condition, atleast not up to a point where i would be diagnosed by a healthcare proffesional with having either claustrofobia or OCD. I do however get mildly annoyed when i see someone's roster with character lvls all over the place and i don't like to be in cramped spaces (with many people). Because of that it would feel disingenuous to me to bring up OCD in this case to bring something under the attention of devs which would also benefit myself. Doing so kinda feels like i would be making light of how serious OCD can be since it won't help much for the people who have a severe form of OCD.
    This being an online forum making it impossible for me to know your motives behind your post, i can't really tell whether you're genuinly asking for the devs to make this game less stressfull for players with OCD or that you're just using OCD to further your own agenda. It does seem like the former though, so fwiw i'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Personally i would leave OCD out of the discussion entirely and just call it annoying, because it is annoying. Finishing GW each day and being 100 tokens shy of being able to buy 5 shards each day is annoying imo and i'm reasonably sure alot of players agree. Whether or not someone feels like the 25 shards for 100 tokens is worth having to deal with being and that situation depends on the person, but i wouldn't mind it if ea/cg made it so that it wouldn't be a choice between the two in the first place.
    Having a low value item(s) to buy for 100 tokens permanently in the store should suffice. Simple fix with a really small impact on regular gameplay.
    I should have made that my first comment, would have saved me alot of explaining what i actually meant by my first comment, hehe.
  • Options

Read my above post where I said I'm ignoring the QGJ shards. I'm not buying it because "I'm allergic to milk". In fact, it's not even me who's complaining about it. I'm just pointing out that it is a valid issue and CG has done something about it before, and since you sir agree that my point is very valid, I believe you can stop with your own complaints about people raising an issue.

Strange to me. I was raised that if you can fix your own problems you do. There are 2 really easy fixes for this non issue.

1. Not buying them
    2. Buying then not completing GW after buying them.

Not like youre going to be missing anything worth fighting over.

I forget that some people are incapable of taking care of themselves and need everything spoonfed to them.

This community has a bad habit of complaining after literally everything in this game. Do a little for yourself and see if you can solve this on your own. If you really cant then bring it up.
  • Options

Strange to me. I was raised that if you can fix your own problems you do. There are 2 really easy fixes for this non issue.

1. Not buying them
    2. Buying then not completing GW after buying them.

Not like youre going to be missing anything worth fighting over.

I forget that some people are incapable of taking care of themselves and need everything spoonfed to them.

This community has a bad habit of complaining after literally everything in this game. Do a little for yourself and see if you can solve this on your own. If you really cant then bring it up.

It's easy for you to say to someone solve your own problems. You get hit by a car you solving that problem yourself or are you calling 911 for help. Using medicine someone else made?

You seem to think in black and white and life is filled with shades of Grey.

The only person here complaining is you.

No there is just already a workaround. Youre asking for a solution when there already is one. Its too bad you dont like it.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I don't quite get why they should "fix" something that affects (I'm guessing) less than 1% of the player base, especially when there's a workaround for the (I'm guessing) less than 1% of the player base it matters to.

What else would they need to "fix?" This can't be the only thing. Where would it end?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH