Canderous Ordo gear?

HAs there been an update on his gear levels??? Because 7 and 8 are the same, and include raid gear. I want to gear him up, but should I wait?
"When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"

Replies

• Options
    Yep. They said his gear requirements were planned this way. So it’s WAI and you can safely gear him.

;)
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb can we get some clarification on this? Working as intended or design oversight?
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its WAI
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Yep. They said his gear requirements were planned this way. So it’s WAI and you can safely gear him.

;)
    Ultra wrote: »
    Its WAI

Thanks guys :smile:
  • Options
    His 10-11 gear requirements are pretty low, btw.
  • Options

;)

While I can see him requiring raid gear to get to G8, I have to wonder about the identical nature of his road to G8 and 9. Unless something new was posted, the WAI was requiring raid gear to get to G8. Not requiring the same thing in the same slot to get to both gear 8 and gear 9. As far as I can tell, that has not been addressed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its WAI

This.
    BucMan55 wrote: »

;)

While I can see him requiring raid gear to get to G8, I have to wonder about the identical nature of his road to G8 and 9. Unless something new was posted, the WAI was requiring raid gear to get to G8. Not requiring the same thing in the same slot to get to both gear 8 and gear 9. As far as I can tell, that has not been addressed.

Both aspects are WAI was the message I was given. 7 and 8 being the same and being the first toon to have such gear at 7.
  • Options
    Best thing to do is not gear him, if enough people dont , maybe they will reconsider, especially as he is at best an average toon, and if this goes through, imagine the gear requirements for good toons.
  • Options
    Is there a link of a developer stating its correct?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

No, I am sharing what I was told by the dev team.
  • Options
    Hey, is there any news about event calendar? I thought it was last Wednesday before end of month... thrawn better be first
  • Options
    KewlLover wrote: »
    Hey, is there any news about event calendar? I thought it was last Wednesday before end of month... thrawn better be first

Stay on topic , there are plenty of threads on the calendar, this is about the ridiculous gear requirements for ordo. Unless you are purposely trying to get the thread closed.
  • Options
    Sorry
  • Options
    Strange they share the info on a personal level instead of communicating to an entire community.
  • Options
    Not even sure why this is a thing. Yeah, g7/8 are rough, but his total gear set is honestly really tame
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

No, I am sharing what I was told by the dev team.

Thanks Kyno. Last I saw your post where you were only told about the first part. Good to know about the quirk of the identical gear. I am sure it's another one of the famous RNG happenings.
  • Options
    they probably realised that half the kotor characters were not geared beyond 8, hence no raid gear being required (no "bottleneck"). therefore, in order to keep community uproar to a minimum, the next legendary journey or whatever with canderous ordo as a required toon will again only need low gear (just like JKR) instead of being massively difficult, as these characters will require a tight farm (or cash). gear 8 never really needed raid gear so i guess making raid gear a requirement for gear 8 increases the potential revanue able to be generated from this toon.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Strange they share the info on a personal level instead of communicating to an entire community.

I asked when this thread originally came up and am just sharing what i was told.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    Don't shoot the messenger tactic

People would complain to Crumb about it but you can't complain to Kyno because he's not working for CG or has any say in it

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

People would complain to Crumb about it but you can't complain to Kyno because he's not working for CG or has any say in it

Always a deeper strategy :D
  • Options

This is exactly what it is and it’s absolute garbage. They’re afraid to show their faces here and explain it...
  • Options

This is exactly what it is and it’s absolute garbage. They’re afraid to show their faces here and explain it...

Yep. Hails to Kyno, as he always does he best he can
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I asked when this thread originally came up and am just sharing what i was told.

So the community manager takes time to answer one person privately instead of taking the same amount of time to answer the whole community publicly.....#facepalm

Makes you miss Kozi even more, don't it?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    they probably realised that half the kotor characters were not geared beyond 8, hence no raid gear being required (no "bottleneck"). therefore, in order to keep community uproar to a minimum, the next legendary journey or whatever with canderous ordo as a required toon will again only need low gear (just like JKR) instead of being massively difficult, as these characters will require a tight farm (or cash). gear 8 never really needed raid gear so i guess making raid gear a requirement for gear 8 increases...