Rebel Roundup Rapid Fire with Range Trooper

Rapid Fire: Use this character's basic attack 1-5 times in succession with decreasing accuracy on each attack (or something like that)
Range Trooper Power in Numbers: While Range Trooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +50% chance to call another buffed Imperial Trooper ally to Assist when they use an ability during their turn, doing 20% less damage.

Until the Sith raid was released, I had always been fine considering the Rapid Fire as a single ability use for purposes of RT's special. But then Traya's Lord of Betrayal passive says "Whenever an enemy uses an ability, Traya gains one stack of Bonds of Weakness..." and my logic for Rapid Fire/Power in Numbers broke down. Going against Traya, any time your toon does anything, she gains BoW. So abilities with multiple attacks (double/triple taps like Han, Leia, or Deathtrooper) or ones that call Assists (RT's passive or General Veer's special) give her multiple stacks. By that logic, each of the 1-5 basic attacks used when an Imperial Trooper uses Rapid Fire should should have a 50% chance to call another IT to assist, but through multiple playthroughs (several just to test this) the activating IT only has a chance to call an assist on the activation of Rapid Fire.

What am I missing here? As I can see, this is just inconsistent application of the same wording.