Kit Reveal: Juhani

Replies

  • Don't night sisters easily counter everything she does? And the multiple characters that ignore protection, seems kinda weird. I was wondering if she'd be useful in p3/p4 with the constant damage coming out proc'ing her buffs, but they not real buffs..

    Her kit honestly looks all over the place and I guess will only make sense later on. At first glance she looks terrible and much worse then GK. A tank that stealth's again who also will spend 95% of the fight outside of taunt, lol. Seem like to beat her is to basically just ignore her, still gotta kill Jolle whose insane to the max and of course Revan.

    Honestly I'm just glad it takes literally at min 5 zetas to make Revan work with Jedi, yet with bast it only took me 2. More zeta characters Will be hard to invest in until zetas are more readily available. 2 more added soon, just after 2 more were added earlier.
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    If you had sold this game as Galaxy of Heroes for Knights of the Old Republic, I'd have never have even tried it.

    And it would still be the best Star Wars mobile game. With or without you.

    Oh no? Maybe little millennial, I don't need to be a part of everything.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    So Revan lead gives 20% max prot when she attacks out of turn. While taunting she has 35% counter chance, plus another 70% counter chance if Bastila is in comp, and she can recover protection through her own mechanisms as well.

    Depending on her defense and prot amounts, it could be quite hard to get through that protection without having attacks that ignore it like Plague, Sass, etc.

    Yeah, if you try to just go straight through her it’s going to be very tough. The good thing is there is no auto taunt and the taunt has a long cooldown. So dispel, stun, ability block etc will make her a non factor and she can be ignored. Unless she hits for a ton of damage and can’t be ignored. That’s what would make her game changing.
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    Ok so new meta will be :

    Revan, Yoda, Jolee, GK and Juhani

    After the mass regen, mass resurrect, max tenacity, max speed, max damage I guess it misses something, ah yes double tank !

    this is game is becoming more and more fun. I like the diversity I saw in arena ! Thanks and good luck to bring back balance to this game. Good job game designers

    Nah, Juhani will only be worth it under Revan lead accompanied by Bastilla. Without the extra counter from Bast, she will lose taunt all the time. With those 2 in comp, her taunt will be formidable.

    Revan, Bast, Jolee, GMY, Juhani will be the new META
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Ok so new meta will be :

    Revan, Yoda, Jolee, GK and Juhani

    After the mass regen, mass resurrect, max tenacity, max speed, max damage I guess it misses something, ah yes double tank !

    this is game is becoming more and more fun. I like the diversity I saw in arena ! Thanks and good luck to bring back balance to this game. Good job game designers

    Nah, Juhani will only be worth it under Revan lead accompanied by Bastilla. Without the extra counter from Bast, she will lose taunt all the time. With those 2 in comp, her taunt will be formidable.

    Revan, Bast, Jolee, GMY, Juhani will be the new META

    This comp deals less damage than one with GK. GK has the mass assist that can get rid of a character. Juhani will have to hit hard to supplant him. She might work better on defense though. Seems like a timeout/draw comp.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Synergy post or nah? And artwork?
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Ok so new meta will be :

    Revan, Yoda, Jolee, GK and Juhani

    After the mass regen, mass resurrect, max tenacity, max speed, max damage I guess it misses something, ah yes double tank !

    this is game is becoming more and more fun. I like the diversity I saw in arena ! Thanks and good luck to bring back balance to this game. Good job game designers

    Nah, Juhani will only be worth it under Revan lead accompanied by Bastilla. Without the extra counter from Bast, she will lose taunt all the time. With those 2 in comp, her taunt will be formidable.

    Revan, Bast, Jolee, GMY, Juhani will be the new META

    This comp deals less damage than one with GK. GK has the mass assist that can get rid of a character. Juhani will have to hit hard to supplant him. She might work better on defense though. Seems like a timeout/draw comp.


    Having enough damage isn't an issue with Revan teams. Having Juhani is kind of like having GK + Zarriss in one unit but slightly different. Instead of an auto taunter with a mass assist, you have a self healing counterattacking permataunter. Shoretrooper under Thrawn stands out as a the only activated taunt that still worked in arena for a long time. This was because he had a permataunt and auto prot regen. Juhani will have all that and counterattack too.

    It'll likely be better on d (unless Juhani has horrid stats), and will be just fine on O as well.
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    If you had sold this game as Galaxy of Heroes for Knights of the Old Republic, I'd have never have even tried it.

    And it would still be the best Star Wars mobile game. With or without you.

    Oh no? Maybe little millennial, I don't need to be a part of everything.

    I’m actually 41. Probably why I know all these KOTOR toons. I’ve been gaming a long time.
  • What looks to be the problem is that her skill is the only source of taunt. A single dispel on that and she seems useless. While the team has plenty of dispels to counter ability block and stun (buff immunity/shock isn't a worry as she cleanses herself)

    Shore didn't have this issue because if you dispelled his taunt, the cooldown of the skill went down
    GK doesn't have this problem because his taunt triggers based off incoming crits, which are almost always there
    Old Ben regains his taunt, even after it being dispelled
    SiT taunts if a Sith breaths or gets breathed on
    Sion gets taunt based off of a debuff that he spreads and keeps spreading

    I could name some other tanks that aren't really used in arena that can have much more than one taunt (even a 4 turn taunt) that never really sparked in arena. It's not really about taunt length, but how often the taunt pops up. And all the other cool things tanks bring like group hugs or dispelling the enemy team and what not

    To me, it seems like she's a high damage tank, just as GMY is a high damage support. Juhani seems extremely durable, and we will see how hard she hits. Seems like a Fulcrum 2.0 if you ask me. Good kit, just doesn't fit in with the demands of arena
  • HK666 wrote: »
    What looks to be the problem is that her skill is the only source of taunt. A single dispel on that and she seems useless.

    Glad I'm not the only person who thinks so. I really don't understand why people are making a fuss over her kit. She seems good in a Revan raid team. In arena one character with a dispel totally negates her. If she is your only tank your team will be crippled/dead before she gets to use it again. She is a major step down from Kenobi in the current meta.

    Running two tanks might be good with her hide-and-seek taunt, and regen abilty. But then you have to pull another toon. You would have no damage if you pull Yoda. The footage supplied showed her with decent AoE damage, but anemic basic damage. Not a fraction of what Yoda does. Bastila is your only buff dispel, and does several things to make that team work. Maybe Juhani replaces Jolee. Maybe. She's no reason to get hysterical. She's neat, but not area breaking.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Ok so new meta will be :

    Revan, Yoda, Jolee, GK and Juhani

    After the mass regen, mass resurrect, max tenacity, max speed, max damage I guess it misses something, ah yes double tank !

    this is game is becoming more and more fun. I like the diversity I saw in arena ! Thanks and good luck to bring back balance to this game. Good job game designers

    Nah, Juhani will only be worth it under Revan lead accompanied by Bastilla. Without the extra counter from Bast, she will lose taunt all the time. With those 2 in comp, her taunt will be formidable.

    Revan, Bast, Jolee, GMY, Juhani will be the new META

    This comp deals less damage than one with GK. GK has the mass assist that can get rid of a character. Juhani will have to hit hard to supplant him. She might work better on defense though. Seems like a timeout/draw comp.


    Having enough damage isn't an issue with Revan teams. Having Juhani is kind of like having GK + Zarriss in one unit but slightly different. Instead of an auto taunter with a mass assist, you have a self healing counterattacking permataunter. Shoretrooper under Thrawn stands out as a the only activated taunt that still worked in arena for a long time. This was because he had a permataunt and auto prot regen. Juhani will have all that and counterattack too.

    It'll likely be better on d (unless Juhani has horrid stats), and will be just fine on O as well.

    Mirror matches timeout a lot because you aren't able to kill a specific toon as soon as possible. Damage isn't an issue for Revan vs any other squad, but Revan vs Revan it absolutely matters.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Darthv8r wrote: »
    "raging" strike? "Boastful" provocation? Jedi should not rage or boast.

    Did you not read the announcement?
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    If you had sold this game as Galaxy of Heroes for Knights of the Old Republic, I'd have never have even tried it.

    And it would still be the best Star Wars mobile game. With or without you.

    Oh no? Maybe little millennial, I don't need to be a part of everything.

    What does being a millennial have to do with anything? You toss it around like it's an insult, but just because we were born in the 80s-90s doesn't make us inferior to you. Besides, your generation didn't give us the original trilogy, your generation is giving us the Last Jedi. Look at that trash.
    Ouch, no need to single out our entire generation because someone is being a little ****.

  • HK666 wrote: »
    What looks to be the problem is that her skill is the only source of taunt. A single dispel on that and she seems useless. While the team has plenty of dispels to counter ability block and stun (buff immunity/shock isn't a worry as she cleanses herself)

    Shore didn't have this issue because if you dispelled his taunt, the cooldown of the skill went down
    GK doesn't have this problem because his taunt triggers based off incoming crits, which are almost always there
    Old Ben regains his taunt, even after it being dispelled
    SiT taunts if a Sith breaths or gets breathed on
    Sion gets taunt based off of a debuff that he spreads and keeps spreading

    I could name some other tanks that aren't really used in arena that can have much more than one taunt (even a 4 turn taunt) that never really sparked in arena. It's not really about taunt length, but how often the taunt pops up. And all the other cool things tanks bring like group hugs or dispelling the enemy team and what not

    To me, it seems like she's a high damage tank, just as GMY is a high damage support. Juhani seems extremely durable, and we will see how hard she hits. Seems like a Fulcrum 2.0 if you ask me. Good kit, just doesn't fit in with the demands of arena

    This exaclty!!! Sun Fac is a beast (huge health protection and defense) counter attacks and dispels on basic. Guess what? No autotaunt and no way to regain that taunt and he hasn't been played in ages(before autotaunters) ;)
  • They should try something new and give someone the ability to make others on their team taunt. Imagine if you could give these weird most of the time not taunting tanks the ability to taunt more :o

    or an aoe phys tank, and a aoe special damage tank....
  • r2 does that, kind of

    aoe dispels like sion and chewie make that rather hard to pull, especially with things like fracture and isolate around

    plo koon does that and ships, but I'm not familiar enough with ships to gauge it's effectiveness
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    190 posts Member
    edited November 30
    I will not put her unique past tier 6. I won’t get invis, so what? I won’t get health steal offense up etc, so what? I’ll have a strong tank, taunting for 4 turns with Angelina Jolee Bindo backing me up.

    Solution: when Juhani regains 100% health, she regains taunt (as part of her zeta). She can float b/w invisibility and taunt. Hows that for hard to kill?
    HUTT TANK: YOU HAVE TO BRIBE WITH CRYSTALS TO PASS MY TAUNT!!!
  • -_- Crumb, you messing with me sith revan theory mate.
    Sure I don't mind that you are adding them it just that I'm a little salty that it's not revan. But, it's a new character, and I like studying their stats and what you guys come up with.

    To talk about them I think juhani is a decent tank, and the other guy which ill check on will also be ok.

    But these guys seem like they weren't rushed just thrown in. Still, it would be nice if.....
    I dunno, a lot to take in.
    Ryan
  • I will not put her unique past tier 6. I won’t get invis, so what? I won’t get health steal offense up etc, so what? I’ll have a strong tank, taunting for 4 turns with Angelina Jolee Bindo backing me up.

    Solution: when Juhani regains 100% health, she regains taunt (as part of her zeta). She can float b/w invisibility and taunt. Hows that for hard to kill?

    That's a good point, didn't realise that's not part of the base ability.

    So best use for her will be making sure to never level her ability past 6, anyone who does that ruins her.

    Interesting.
    HK666 wrote: »
    r2 does that, kind of

    aoe dispels like sion and chewie make that rather hard to pull, especially with things like fracture and isolate around

    plo koon does that and ships, but I'm not familiar enough with ships to gauge it's effectiveness

    An unremovable taunt that forces you to target them even if another character is marked?

    Revan counter, lol
  • Lightsabermon
    76 posts Member
    edited November 30
    Gorem wrote: »
    They should try something new and give someone the ability to make others on their team taunt. Imagine if you could give these weird most of the time not taunting tanks the ability to taunt more :o

    or an aoe phys tank, and a aoe special damage tank....
    Grievous.
  • I will not put her unique past tier 6. I won’t get invis, so what? I won’t get health steal offense up etc, so what? I’ll have a strong tank, taunting for 4 turns with Angelina Jolee Bindo backing me up.

    Solution: when Juhani regains 100% health, she regains taunt (as part of her zeta). She can float b/w invisibility and taunt. Hows that for hard to kill?

    She loses her protection gain though. That’s a big loss.
  • I will not put her unique past tier 6. I won’t get invis, so what? I won’t get health steal offense up etc, so what? I’ll have a strong tank, taunting for 4 turns with Angelina Jolee Bindo backing me up.

    Solution: when Juhani regains 100% health, she regains taunt (as part of her zeta). She can float b/w invisibility and taunt. Hows that for hard to kill?

    She loses her protection gain though. That’s a big loss.

    Ippon! I’ll play with it and check durability, but for now she tier 6
    HUTT TANK: YOU HAVE TO BRIBE WITH CRYSTALS TO PASS MY TAUNT!!!
  • XKurareX
    267 posts Member
    edited November 30
    Jedis really needed an upgrade.

    I wish just Sith would get a group outside of the Triumvirate meta. I enjoy more tactical gameplay and not instant gibbing the opponent right at start.
    Post edited by XKurareX on
  • Why is she leaning over 45 degrees? She looks ridiculous.
  • I dont know about you, but I think its ridiculous that some random character comes along with a great kit while iconic characters like Anakin and Windu still suck...
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    I dont know about you, but I think its ridiculous that some random character comes along with a great kit while iconic characters like Anakin and Windu still suck...

    I suggest Omicron mats to make iconic characters worth to play again.

    Once you reach 330 omicron shards for the character the iconic special abilities are set free.

    Available in weekly shipments, raids, hardnode? and of course for xtals.

    Both parties would benefit.



Sign In or Register to comment.