Bugged counter on mod quests

I assume everyone is familiar with this bug. You farm 20 mods of the same type and use or sell them while you happen to have a quest for this mod type. And since you haven't beaten Tier III yet, or haven't yet replayed Tier I and III for the quest, the collection counter first goes up to 15/15 and then drops to -5 (but shows 0/15) when those 20 mods are gone from your inventory.

It's been long known, it should be easy to reproduce and not particularly difficult to fix (how hard can it possibly be to stop the counter from going back down once you've aquired the 15 mods and gotten your checkmark for this step), lots of newbies have despaired of this, it has probably driven some new players away from the game, tons of people have filed bug reports, but nothing has been done. Tl;dr: It appears this is a low priority bug that is here to stay.

My question now is, has the player base found any workarounds yet? I'm currently stuck on my criticical damage mod quest and no matter how many I farm, the counter is not going up. I can't keep farming crit. damage forever. I need other mod types, and I need to sell all those useless mods at some point. Which would only drop the counter further below zero and I'd be stuck with this quest forever. Is there any weird trick that Google hasn't revealed to me yet?

Replies

• Options
    Try not selling your mods, maybe. Idk, never noticed this issue.
  • Options

I've stopped selling them now that I need them for a quest. But no matter how many I farm, the quest counter stubbornly sits at 0/15. There has to be a better solution than only farming mods of one type for days or weeks in the hope that the counter goes up at some point.
  • Options

I've stopped selling them now that I need them for a quest. But no matter how many I farm, the quest counter stubbornly sits at 0/15. There has to be a better solution than only farming mods of one type for days or weeks in the hope that the counter goes up at some point.
    Could it require mod battles rather than challenges? IIRC those mod quests were tied to the mod battle stages.
  • Options
    This has been a known bug since the initial release of the quest. It's been reported and acknowledge by EA, months ago. The bug has been submitted dozens of times to CG/EA.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter=location&location=forum-board:star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en&q=mod+quest

• Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Could it require mod battles rather than challenges? IIRC those mod quests were tied to the mod battle stages.

When it works, mods from challenges count too. Which is nice since you don't have to farm 1-2 star junk mods and can sim 15 proper tier 3 mods for the quest instead.

I just finished the quest by the way. After simming a total of 37 critical chance mods, I finally hit 15. I guess the solution is to just keep farming until the counter is out of the red numbers.

ETA: Critical damage, not chance. But I refreshed a few more times and finished the crit. chance mod quest right away too to make sure this doesn't happen again :)
  • Options
    This has been a known bug since the initial release of the quest. It's been reported and acknowledge by EA, months ago. The bug has been submitted dozens of times to CG/EA.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter=location&location=forum-board:star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en&q=mod+quest

Yeah, I went over there to report it and read a few of those topics in the hope of finding an easy solution that would save me some crystal refreshes. I tried the EA staff recommendations – clean installation, manual playing instead of simming – but the only thing that worked in the end was to just keep farming.
  • Options
    It's a bug in the quest counter, there's nothing you can do on your client except not sell any mods until you finish the quest.
  • Options
    It's a bug in the quest counter, there's nothing you can do on your client except not sell any mods until you finish the quest.

What would then happen for someone like me who has to sell a mod when I receive a mod? Everyone I have has 5* mods. So now I can't add them to anyone. Now every single mod I get I have to sell one.

For me to start that quest, do I need to go sell all my 5* white mods first?
  • Options
    You don't want to sell, say, tenacity mods from the moment you get the tenacity mod quest until the quest is finished. You can sell or attach other types of mods in the meantime.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

What would then happen for someone like me who has to sell a mod when I receive a mod? Everyone I have has 5* mods. So now I can't add them to anyone. Now every single mod I get I have to sell one.

If you have 200 (unequipped) mods (the max you're allowed to store) in your inventory and are unable to store 20 mods for this quest, then you need to sell some of those 200 mods.Odds are that 80% of those 200 are useless anyways.
  • Options

If you have 200 (unequipped) mods (the max you're allowed to store) in your inventory and are unable to store 20 mods for this quest, then you need to sell some of those 200 mods.Odds are that 80% of those 200 are useless anyways.

Yeah I've been going through and selling all my white ones whenever I get new ones. Problem is that when I "get" them, I am either buying them from the store, and/or I earn them from an event. However when I'm "earning" them, it's only health ones I "earn."
    You don't want to sell, say, tenacity mods from the moment you get the tenacity mod quest until the quest is finished. You can sell or attach other types of mods in the meantime.

Got you, thank you good sir.