No more Territory War faction bonuses?

Prev1
I get that they wanted to remove the temporary Clone War anniversary bonuses from Territory War, but as far as I can tell, they removed all faction bonuses. Was that intended?

Replies

• Options
    Could be just leaving it bonus-free for a week or two.
  • Options
    whole game is WAI
  • Options
    Crumb commented in other thread the bonus is to revert to old but there is no bonus showing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    There's Xanadu Blood!

No notes on the changes to TW bonuses? I guess we'll just have to figure it out in-game.
    The Clone Wars TW bonuses are being removed and the usual bonuses will added back in
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Crumb commented in other thread the bonus is to revert to old but there is no bonus showing.

This. But without them showing in game I asked him to check again.
  • Options
    He just commented that there will be NO bonuses. Awesome coordination this time EA!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Magilla262 wrote: »
    He just commented that there will be NO bonuses. Awesome coordination this time EA!

This is correct, no bonuses this go around.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    *facepalm*
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

It was communicated right from the beginning that the bonus was temporary and only for the Clone Wars anniversary. My understanding was that it was just for November. I don't understand why people are confused...

~Morningfrost
  • Options

It was communicated right from the beginning that the bonus was temporary and only for the Clone Wars anniversary. My understanding was that it was just for November. I don't understand why people are confused...

~Morningfrost

Because now there are no bonuses. Your statement is a misunderstanding of the situation also.
  • Options

~Morningfrost

All bonuses are gone, even the BH, FO, and Resistance ones we have had for while. There was NO NOTICE about the original ones being removed.
  • Options
    Maybe because it’s still November
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

~Morningfrost

@Morningfrost before the special bonuses there were the standard FO, BH, and Resistance ones that have been in place since the beginning of the event. That is why there is confusion. reverting back to the original bonuses is different than no bonuses at all.
  • Options
    Chucke wrote: »

^This. I can’t find it but one post gave the dates of the wars that would be affected and there was one listed on the 30th, 5 in all. This war was supposed to fall under it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JamhaHebir wrote: »

^This. I can’t find it but one post gave the dates of the wars that would be affected and there was one listed on the 30th, 5 in all. This war was supposed to fall under it.

@JamhaHebir unfortunately you are mistaken.

5s5sa89pyqg9.png
  • Options
    Its lame that they didn't just leave the clone wars bonuses in game for this tw since they aren't able to make the original bonuses work. Fail.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    JamhaHebir wrote: »

You're correct.... it WAS supposed to be a total of 5 TW's with bonuses but I think it got changed along the line. I remember clearly.

See kynos post above with the original post and dates.It ended on the 27th. Its in game updates sections.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/186385/content-update-10-31-2018#latest
  • Options
    @3pourr2 that post says “edited” at the top of it, so it doesn’t prove that there weren’t originally 5 TWs affected by the bonuses.
  • Options
    @3pourr2 that post says “edited” at the top of it, so it doesn’t prove that there weren’t originally 5 TWs affected by the bonuses.

If you continue reading it says edited October 31. The same day it was posted. No conspiracy they didn’t change it before yesterday’s announcement to fool anyone. So even if they did remove one date,it was on the same day it was posted and everyone had an entire month to know when it was going to end. They cant spoon feed everything sometimes some work on a personal level is required.
  • Options
    I did continue reading, just explaining why some people might have thought the bonuses were still going to apply to this TW as well.

And you’re right, the devs can’t spoon feed everything. In fact, at times I wonder if they could get me drunk in a brewery.
  • Options
    I did continue reading, just explaining why some people might have thought the bonuses were still going to apply to this TW as well.

And you’re right, the devs can’t spoon feed everything. In fact, at times I wonder if they could get me drunk in a brewery.

An edit on the day a post is released is in way a reason for people to read a date that was never there. So if those people thought that it was every war this month then they didn’t properly use the resources given. No reason to try and explain the actions of those that misread the devs post.
  • Options
    Neither you or I can say for sure if the post originally said 5 TWs or not, as we do not have access to the previous version of it.

It’s not reasonable to expect all forum users to constantly reread dev posts in case they have edited them since posting. Sure, that edit was made on the day it was posted, but there will still be people who have read it, or even copy and pasted it to Discord, before the edit was made.

That said, I knew the bonuses didn’t apply this time around as our TW defence strategy needs changed because of it.
  • Options
    All this aside: the TW boost to Mace, Dooku, CUP and especially GG was awesome. Fun, different, new.

Please please consider doing whack stuff like this more often. Perhaps also in other parts of the game. What would happen is (just as an example) all the jawas got a crazy unbalanced rework for 2 weeks? Or Uuruugu'ugoo (you know who)? Wouldn't it be fun? Perhaps a recurring "Crazy June" where we know in advance that "stuff" is going to happen, rules will be broken etc. It could also apply to the PVE content, imagine a Rancor raid with a enrage countdown of not 15, but 1. A tank raid where the boss in phase 2/4 had 2x the health, the boss in phase 3 was immune to TM reduction etc.
    Some of the things could be used to test reworks and new mechanics and some would just be to mess with us/have fun.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Wait what?

BH were so cool on defence, they got both the BH Buff and the Scoundrel buff, under a Bossk lead they were great.

And now they lost both bonuses and Bossk's leader was made harder to unlock under the AI... lol.

sooo... a tw staple especially the BH one cause they were trying to get more people into BH by making them more useful in other areas, is no more, heh.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So what happens now ?? Is GG and mace dead now ?? So the clone wars is just a helmet for deco ??
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options

If you continue reading it says edited October 31. The same day it was posted. No conspiracy they didn’t change it before yesterday’s announcement to fool anyone. So even if they did remove one date,it was on the same day it was posted and everyone had an entire month to know when it was going to end. They cant spoon feed everything sometimes some work on a personal level is required.

It did say originally, and something like "a total of 5 wars!" I usually screenshot every in game message and such, but I can't find one for it yet
    But anyway, my biggest concern was teams like bounty hunters not having their buffs.. It's sad.
  • Options
    I just cant figure out how in the few hours between the original dev post and the edit such a huge conspiracy has formed. :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    I just cant figure out how in the few hours between the original dev post and the edit such a huge conspiracy has formed. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Likely because whoever sees the post first usually posts the link to their guild, then no-one goes back to read it after that. Lol even a few hours can leave whole guilds with bad info.
    The site may also allow them to edit at any time, and keep an existing timestamp, or to edit the timestamp altogether. I had a few sites like that, made it easier to edit things without making it obvious that it was changed way after the fact.
  • Options
    c76rurr7935t.gif

It's always a conspiracy...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Neither you or I can say for sure if the post originally said 5 TWs or not, as we do not have access to the previous version of it.

It’s not reasonable to expect all forum users to constantly reread dev posts in case they have edited them since posting. Sure, that edit was made on the day it was posted, but there will still be people who have read it, or even copy and pasted it to Discord, before the edit was made.

That said, I knew the bonuses didn’t apply this time around as our TW defence strategy needs changed because of it.

I can, and I can yell you his edit didnt change the list of dates from 4 to 5.

There was never 5 dates. Also his edit was before it was visible to the forum, so again. No conspiracy.

Edit to add: not all of his edits were before it was visible, but still no changes to those dates.