Vanishing comments?

This is the second time I posted a rather lengthy reply that vanished a moment later. If I hadn't tried to correct a typo, I wouldn't even have noticed it. Is this a common occurrence / bug in this forum?

Replies

• Options
    Yes it’s common when you try to edit comment. Which is why most just reply a second time instead. Tag a mod to get the comment back from the void.
  • Options
    It gets flagged as suspicious if you edit it too much and the post gets moved into a moderation queue, it'll show up when a mod gets around to looking in there.

It happened to me with 5 consecutive posts yesterday even though I wasn't editing them - I just took it as the forums telling me to stop being lazy and go outside.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Happened to me a few days ago, too. I was replying to someone, than realized a typo, wanted to edit... and everything was gone. Second try, same outcome even without editing again, so I stopped trying and went on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, all the above are accurate.

Posts can be merged, or get caught in the spam filter. The filter is sensetive to edits as they are seen as new posts.