Cantina Character Farming

Hi,

So I unlocked Lando and he is 4*. I read in guides that I should also unlock Old Ben. Should I start farming shard to get Old Ben or should I continue getting shards for Lando to put him 7*?

Replies

• Options
    You must have read really old guides. Lando is fairly outdated now, so I would not recommend getting him up any further currently.

Old Ben is still highly used as Jedi have become the most effective team, but some will argue that Hera and Ezra are more important early game cantina farm than old Ben, but ultimately all 3 need to be upped to 7 star.

I'd recommend getting Hera, Ezra both to 5 star, work on Zeb from galactic war, Kanan from arena store, and chopper from catina store. Once those are all 5 star (and thus you can unlock thrawn and emperor palpatine), then can explore other characters
  • Options
    I read that Phoenix squad should be important too. I guess that makes more sense since it looks easier to get those 5 characters.
  • Options
    The game's secret is focus.
    Best ladder in the game is the Phoenix team. Priority two is to have the event of credit robbery in the last degree with 3 stars. If it's possible to get a character out of the Cantina do this. Cantina's energy is too expensive to go after characters that you can get at other farm points. Good and cheap character in the Cantina is the unmasked Kylo he comes with his ship. If I were you would go directly behind the Kylo and then veterans or death trooper
  • GoDucksYellOO
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Keep in mind that you need a 7* Old Ben to get Commander Luke.
  • Options
    Go ahead and farm old ben, but don't write off lando just yet. He's a rebel and a scoundrel, plus his aoe special still packs a punch. He is useful. I still use him on occasion in galactic wars cause he tears through teams.
  • Options
    I'd recommend working on Ezra, to be honest. Not only is he part of the Phoenix team, he's got the Rebel and Jedi tags as well, which means he has many uses in the game. Oh, he's also part of an amazing 3 crew ship; the Phantom 2. Almost seems unfair when compared to other characters with how many uses he has..

Also, like others have pointed out, Old Ben is a good / borderline great Jedi tank, and he's required for the Commander Luke Skywalker event, so you'll want to get him at some point. Do you have a decent Jedi team to fit him into yet?
  • Options
    I am still a beginner player. I barely hit level 42. I will focus on getting phoenix squad to 5 stars for now.
  • Options
    miszu wrote: »
    I am still a beginner player. I barely hit level 42. I will focus on getting phoenix squad to 5 stars for now.

I think that's a really good idea. Not only are the Phoenix really good in PvE, they are fairly strong in early game PvP too. Now, the question becomes if you want to farm Sabine or Chopper as your 5th character; I'd love to hear what people recommend for that.
  • Options
    Sabine is good later when you can give her a zeta, but chopper is probably the better focus early game.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Cantina Energy (Case of Phoenix)
    Hera 5-star / Ezra 5-star / Hera 7-star / Ezra 7-star

Store Farming Order
    1. Cantina Store
    Chopper 7-star / Boba Fett 7-star / First Order Officer 7-star
    Then QGJ or Old Daka can be good choice.

2. Arena Store
    Kanan 7-star / Grand Moff Tarkin 7-star / Stormtrooper Han & Princes Leia 7-star / Admiral Ackbar 7-star
    Then Asajj Ventress then Cassian Andor.

3. Guild Store
    Colonel Stark 7-star / Dengar 7-star
    Old Ben and Finn are also great but he can be farmable by Energy..
    Jyn Erso is great rebel leader especially with Cassian.

4. Guild Event Store
    Hermit Yoda and Wampa
    If you want to make Jedi squad with bastila shan, then go Hermit Yoda first. Otherwise, wampa could be better.

5. Fleet Store
    Darth Vader, TIE Advanced, Slave
    Those are must-buy shards.
    Chirrut Imwe is also great choice.
    Make them all to 7-star.

6. GW Store
    Zeb 7-star / Biggs 7-star
    Then Cad Bane or Captain Phasma
    Then Ships.

7. Shard Store
    mk5 stungun, mk8 BiotechImplant, mk4 ZaltinBactaGel etc.
    Do not buy General Grievous until he’s rework...

I recommend these.. based on requirements of events.

()—> My recommendation
    Grand Master Yoda: 5 Jedis
    (Ezra Kanan + any 3 jedis)
    Emperor Palpatine: 5 Rebels
    (5 Phoenix below them)
    Grand Admiral Thrawn: 5 Phoenix
    (Hera Ezra Kanan Zeb Chopper)
    R2-D2: 5 Empires
    (Palp Vader Thrawn + 2 Empire...
    Stark Veers Tarkin Snow TFP are good)
    Commander Luke Skywalker
    : STHan Leia Farmboy OldBen R2-D2
    (fixed)
    BB-8: 5 First Orders
    (KRU Kylo FOOfficer FOExecutioner Phasma)
    Jedi-Training Rey
    : Finn S.Rey BB-8 VetHan VetChewy
    (fixed)
    Chewbacca: 5 Bounty Hunters
    (Bossk Boba Dengar + 2 BHs..
    CadBane IG-88 or Greedo)

Farming for those events.
    I think these are the best.

So.. after 7-star Hera and Ezra..
    then check the requirement lists then choose what to farm next.
  • Options
    @komji15 That's basically the path I've taken myself, with a few minor differences here and there and it's been working out great! It appears that I need to start working on Colonel Stark from the Guild Store, but it's so tempting to buy rare gear with those points instead!
  • Options
    @komji15 That's basically the path I've taken myself, with a few minor differences here and there and it's been working out great! It appears that I need to start working on Colonel Stark from the Guild Store, but it's so tempting to buy rare gear with those points instead!

Agree. Guild store’s gear... is really fascinating. lol