Price for Mk 5 Thermal Detonator Prototype

So looking at the prices in Shipments, it looks strange - it costs 2 * 375 = 750 crystals to craft a piece that costs 1,274 crystals

unknown.png

Replies

• DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Oddly.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Is this a complaint that salvage is too cheap? Please tell me no. It also requires other materials to create the prototype not just salvage which is included in the 1274 cost.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Is this a complaint that salvage is too cheap? Please tell me no. It also requires other materials to create the prototype not just salvage which is included in the 1274 cost.

I think he is complaining that there is a massive price difference. He can buy the 25 prototype salvage twice which will give him 50 for a price of 750 crystals, or he can buy the prototype (which is also equivalent to 50 of the salvage) for 1274 crystals. Keep in mind that if you buy the one for 1274 crystals you still need to buy/farm a full mk3 carbanti and a mk3 sorosuub keypad.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

I think he is complaining that there is a massive price difference. He can buy the 25 prototype salvage twice which will give him 50 for a price of 750 crystals, or he can buy the prototype (which is also equivalent to 50 of the salvage) for 1274 crystals. Keep in mind that if you buy the one for 1274 crystals you still need to buy/farm a full mk3 carbanti and a mk3 sorosuub keypad.

Correct.It takes more than just the salvage to make prototype so you are getting other pieces with the prototype buy.
  • Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

Correct.It takes more than just the salvage to make prototype so you are getting other pieces with the prototype buy.

No you're just getting the prototype, the other items aren't included in that purchase so you would either need to buy them on their own or farm them separately. If you were getting everything that was included i.e. a "fully crafted" piece it would read "MK 5 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator". Since in the picture shows it as "MK 5 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Prototype" it indicates that it isn't a full crafted piece of gear and that more gear is required before you can equip it onto a character.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yep it's cheaper. It's also rare enough that most will not hold out.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yep it's cheaper. It's also rare enough that most will not hold out.

So they are essentially grossly overcharging you if you want the "convenience" of buying the full prototype instead of 2 separate purchases of the salvage for this particular piece of gear.
  • Options
    Not complaining, just spotted it and found it interesting :smile: and thought to post to see what other people think about this...
  • Options
    A tactic to induce $ spending on crystal shipments. The game is rife with them. Nothing new.