On the right track? Phoenix Squad

Hello everyone,

I have been farming Phoenix Squad for a while now and i'm currently wondering if im on the right track.
My current tactic is leveling all of Phoenix to 7 and then try to get Palp and Thrawn and then basically see from there.. but I see a lot of players focusing on 2 teams.

Should I also spend time and energy in other toons too? What are your thoughts?
Also since Sabine is taking quite some time to lvl up I could use some advice if she's really worth it for me to farm or maybe I should put my time and resources in something else.

Thanks in advance.

https://swgoh.gg/p/982521476/characters/

Replies

• DadKev
    314 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My phoenix team has been great! I would keep focus on Phoenix but not Sabine. Chopper works much better. I stopped at about g8 and no zetas. Able to clear palp and thrawn then moved on to empire team.
  • Options
    DadKev wrote: »
    My phoenix team has been great! I would keep focus on Phoenix but not Sabine. Chopper works much better. I stopped at about g8 and no zetas. Able to clear palp and thrawn then moved on to empire team.

I would recommend G9 as Thrawn's event is incredibly difficult and massively RNG dependent at G8, plus the Ghost and Phantom are nice ships, so it wouldn't hurt to put any gear on the Phoenix faction. I would recommend Chopper over Sabine for Thrawn and EP, but Sabine is very useful (much) later in the game, so it does not hurt to start working on her now. If you think that your Phoenix faction is strong enough to beat both EP and Thrawn's hardest levels, then I recommend starting to work on Vader and 2 other Empire characters (I recommend Tie Pilot and Tarkin for their ships) to fill out the rest of your base Empire squad.

Please remember, there is no set path that you MUST take in order to succeed (based on what you want) in the game. This is all up to you and what you would like to do in order to enjoy the game. Do not just chase the meta each time it shifts, otherwise you will always feel like you are trying to catch up and it will only continue to shift whenever you finally get those final pieces in place. I personally worked on getting every faction to a level where they could compete in a legendary event should one get released for them (exceptions are Clones and Ewoks), and I worked to get characters that I wanted to have, like Boba Fett and HK-47. At the time that I got them, they may not have had really any use (aside from the Credit Heist and Training Droid event), but I wanted to get them as they were some of my favorite characters in Star Wars, so I got them. I have not regretted playing by that idea, and if you want to enjoy the game, I recommend that you (and everyone else reading this) does the same. The game will become much more enjoyable, and you do not have to stress about what rank in arena or place in a raid or whatever, and you are more likely to continue playing for as long as the game is supported. Have fun, and play the way you want, not the way others do!
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    Perfect. Once you get thrawn, Palpatine, and Vader you can make a good empire team(with tarkin and tie pilot is best) and go for r2/CLS
  • Mikah
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Phoenix is a gret team, flexible and very usefull in a bunch of other areas, you'll never regret leveling and gearing them up.

Sabine and Ezra can be used for high level events and raids, well worth to Gear 12 them, and consider their Zetas. Ezra synergizes with Jedi teams as a heavy hitter and is still relevant in Arena. Sabine shines in the Sith Raid and is key for Military Might Mythic.

Hera, Zeb, Chopper and Kanan are ok just to get Thrawn, not worth high gear or Zetas... well, maybe Hera leadership sinergy, your call.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated!!
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

I have been farming Phoenix Squad for a while now and i'm currently wondering if im on the right track.
    My current tactic is leveling all of Phoenix to 7 and then try to get Palp and Thrawn and then basically see from there.. but I see a lot of players focusing on 2 teams.

Should I also spend time and energy in other toons too? What are your thoughts?
    Also since Sabine is taking quite some time to lvl up I could use some advice if she's really worth it for me to farm or maybe I should put my time and resources in something else.

Thanks in advance.

https://swgoh.gg/p/982521476/characters/

I didn't read the rest of the comments (I'm in a hurry lol) so this advice may be redundant! I'll post a video at the bottom of this reply of what I consider to be the best starting guide. Things have shifted slightly since it's release but the baseline should still be followed for optimal success.

I followed a guide like this and managed to secure and maintain top 50 arena as a f2p. My order went Phoenix to empire and after securing Thrawn and EP you should have no trouble pushing your way into the top 100. From there I got R2 and built up my rebels/CLS squad. After CLS my focus was JTR, who lacks in PvP these days but does wonders for every other area of the game. From here it's really personal preference but I strongly suggest you're always working towards a large goal, i.e bounty hunters, jedi etc.

You can also work on Jedi earlier these days if you prefer but imo most of the good jedi you'll need come after you've acquired enough to open that content. So pretty much the golden rule to success is to always focus on a goal, don't make the mistake of farming 5 characters from 5 different factions and always keep your arena squad a priority if you're f2p. You'll also want to focus on ships, especially those needed to unlock the zeta challenge and keep them high enough for rank 100 or better so you can keep the zetas flowing in from the shop. Best of luck!

https://youtu.be/a2_J_BwXSOY
  • Options
    Nice, thank you!
  • Options
    I've farmed Sabine and haven't regretted it. The 2 Phoenix ships plus Biggs' X-Wing synergize nicely with Ackbar's capital ship, but also work well enough under a Tarkin or Windu lead to finish Challenges and capital ship upgrades. Plus, both Phoenix ships are cargo ships, so you only need one more for the Contraband Cargo event.

Also, since Sabine is easier to star up than Zeb and Kanan (and either Ezra or Hera, depending on who gets Cantina farming priority), you'll have her sooner for guild raids with higher star requirements. It's nice to have a full Phoenix team available in 6* raids even though my Zeb is still at 5*, which will hopefully change tomorrow.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget to also farm a few scoundrels for credit heists. Farming Boba Fett f.ex. will not interfere with farmin Phoenix. You will need those extra credits to develop your roster.
  • Options
    I've farmed Sabine and haven't regretted it. The 2 Phoenix ships plus Biggs' X-Wing synergize nicely with Ackbar's capital ship, but also work well enough under a Tarkin or Windu lead to finish Challenges and capital ship upgrades. Plus, both Phoenix ships are cargo ships, so you only need one more for the Contraband Cargo event.

Also, since Sabine is easier to star up than Zeb and Kanan (and either Ezra or Hera, depending on who gets Cantina farming priority), you'll have her sooner for guild raids with higher star requirements. It's nice to have a full Phoenix team available in 6* raids even though my Zeb is still at 5*, which will hopefully change tomorrow.

Sabine is not easier than Zeb or Kanan to star up! It takes months longer to 7* Sabine —> she is worth it for the reasons he said, plus she’s useful outside of Phoenix teams.

I’d also recommend leveling at least 3 Scoundrels for the Heists.
    Broadly your most efficient first 3 teams are Phoenix, 3-5 Scoundrels and Empire.
    Given how many events use them, the fact they have ships - Bounty Hunters should be the core of your Scoundrels + STHan since you need him for CLSkywalker (Boba, Cad Bane, STH + 2 more)
  • Options
    If you want focused farming, then:
    First, get all Phoenix aside from Sabine to 7*, for now do not worry about gear, it comes naturally.
    Get 5* Thrawn and 7* Palpatine. Work as hard as you can to get 7* Vader (buying his pack really is a good investment early on).
    Harvest Kylo Ren and Kylo Ren Unmasked plus 3 more first order to 7*
    Harvest Tarkin plus an extra empire toons aside from Vader, Emperor and Thrawn to 7*.
    Start harvesting the toons you need for CLS and JTR to 7*, and use any excess energy to get gear upgrades for Phoenix.
    If you can, buy the packs for specific Old Empire, Veterans and Bounty Hunters packs, you will definitely benefit from those

This way you unlock:
    Palpatine at 7* to be used in an empire squad.
    Thrawn at 7* to be used in an empire squad.
    You unlock with empire 7* R2D2.
    You unlock with first order BB-8.
    You complete JTR and CLS.
    You complete Revan's journey.

After that you focus exclusively on 5 bounty hunters for Chewy, and they double up for tons of other events. I personally prefer Jango, Boba, Dengar, Bossk and Kad, since the vast majority of them are also crew, and Jango lead has saved my butt quite often against MUCH stronger AI teams.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm currently continuing farming Phoenix, except Sabine. I rather spend some time and effort in getting a scoundrel unit ready so I can earn some credits later on. For scoundrels I'm farming Boba as it wont interfere with cantina energy that i need for Phoenix.

Im spending my guild tokens on first order tie pilot because he seems to have a good ship and I could use him later on and also I don't really know where to spend guild tokens on.

In the galactic war store im spending tokens on Biggs as well as I've plenty it won't matter much and he seems to have a good ship too. I also unlocked Admiral Ackbar 4 stars so this could form a nice team for ships?

I'll keep on doing this till my Phoenix squad is 7 stars, until then I don't have any resources left to spend on. Thanks again!
  • Options
    You'll get several ships and their pilots for "free" as you get closer to 60 and do the fleet training quests. All capital ships at 1* except thrawn and their commander at 4*. Plus tfp jc clone sergeant and maybe fotp. Don't remember them all. decent ships depending on what cap ship you use. All usable anyway. But that's another convo.
    Just mentioning it so you have an idea what's coming for you.
    As far as the guild store goes i mostly bought gear there. Rex and Jynn were about the only shards i got in there. Maybe maul and dengar. But fotp isn't bad either really. I just felt gear i couldn't get anywhere else, except raids and such, was more important.
    Gw store should be Zeb Biggs cad in that order. I did lumi in between just for gmy.
    Squad arena i did Kanan then tarkin. But ackbar if you're using his ship. I did tarkin cuz he was my empire team and cap ship.

The credit heist part with the scoundrels is level limited and you won't get to the hard levels till 75+ i think. maybe 70. Maybe 84-85 for top level. So despite everyone running around going you have to have ..... Yeh. You need them but as long as you can beat the level that's open to you, you're good. (I may be mistaken in this but I'm pretty sure it's level limited)

Sorry if a little scattered. Hope it helps with direction in the near future at least.
    UpTheIrons