Important Grand Arena Questions

Will we be able to use our defensive teams for offense as well?
If our toons survive, will we be able to use them in multiple battles like in Galactic War?

I didn’t see any explicit answers and this would obviously impact my strategy so please let me know if you know what the answers are. Thank you!

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    8rhs4wjpf8tl.png

this description here makes it sound like its almost identical to TW.

so defense locks in teams and you can't use them on offense.

no multiple uses, just like TW.
  • Options
    Honestly unless there r useful rewards really don’t care.
  • Options
    Gear and mod pieces
  • Options
    Ok hopefully useful gear that can’t be farmed effectively will determine if I waste a minute setting defense lol.
  • Options
    What I have seen so far is gear that only comes from raids mostly not so much farmable gear
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Why timer? Let's just play grand arena anytime we want to...more time in game now by a timer...there are game sthat match up live battles..should be live and play anytime..no set time
  • Options
    No way you're going to be able to use the same squads on defense and offense in the same round or use the same offensive team for multiple battles in the same round. They've already said it's basically a mini-TW. We already have a game mode based on PVP of 1 team.
    K331 wrote: »
    Why timer? Let's just play grand arena anytime we want to...more time in game now by a timer...there are game sthat match up live battles..should be live and play anytime..no set time

Why a timer? Because the game mode has to finish so everyone else can get on with their lives, lol. I'm supposed to sit around and 2 weeks for you to play your Grand Arena match so our group can advance to the next round? Yeah, I don't think so.
  • Options
    Why a timer? Because the game mode has to finish so everyone else can get on with their lives, lol. I'm supposed to sit around and 2 weeks for you to play your Grand Arena match so our group can advance to the next round? Yeah, I don't think so.

This. I joined a correspondence chess tournament one time. A single round took months.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    Are the rewards going to be guild tokens , guild event tokens or will it be a new store currency
  • Options
    OK, next odd question. The 'promo' for Grand Arena forced me to sign in, would not let me back out of the screen. I have zero interest in playing, and do not want to affect the group I am assigned to by not participating. I do not see any button to drop out like you can with TB. Is there a way to drop out of the forced sign in?
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The article references the first 24 hours being a join period. Once again I assume just like territory wars.
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Options
    @Nomadfifteen You’ll play it and like it!

Seriously though, I don’t see a way to leave after you’ve joined.
  • Options
    Is it still Player vs AI?
  • Options
    I would assume the individual matches would be. Everything I’ve read makes me think it is territory wars just one on one instead of 50 on 50.
  • Options
    PoD wrote: »
    @Nomadfifteen You’ll play it and like it!

Seriously though, I don’t see a way to leave after you’ve joined.

Lol. Sound like my parents when I was a kid and didn't eat my vegetables. :smile:

Really have no interest in another mode of 'who got lucky and got good mods'. I already auto the PvP battles because I have had no luck getting decent mods. Nothing like looking at a similar point team to see 3+ with over 200 speed and I am lucky to have a team at 160-180, and now I get to see it again.

I wish anyone who plays this luck and hope they enjoy it. Everyone has a mode they enjoy, but another mode of PvP where speed is going to be the number one factor has no interest for me.
  • Options
    I feel your pain. I would’ve much rather had an individual raid than an individual territory war.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t believe its the actual join in period yet.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    It actually says by the timer count down to player lock in. Si no one is locked in yet.
  • Options
    Not locked in no, But joined yes, and the first Ga is like a tutorial, everyone has to play it. The second one which will be a real ga match up will allow optional joining.
  • Options
    This first one is just an exhibition...it’s all good, just collect the 2nd place rewards for joining
  • Options
    A week-long TW with mod slicing materials as rewards... No, thanks. Whoever is matched against me will have an easy win.