What I think C3PO is meant to do

I think 3PO isn't a teaser for Jedi Luke, or an Ewok meta... I've seen so many threads and complaints, and we haven't seen his kit. What I believe he's meant to is to bring back relevance to a great toon we've all been ignoring - JTR.

The logic behind this:
1) The last legendary to be released (Chewie) had clearly brought back relevance to CLS. While it's not the best team out there, it's a relevant choice again - which brings a larger verity to squad arena and TW strategies. Bringing such relevance to JTR is clearly needed, as she's currently only used for HSR when you reach end-game.
2) C3PO's best buddy, R2, was once considered a top toon that you rarely see anymore. A new legendary couple that brings important toons to the front - I can remember that happening before in SWGOH...
3) In connection to 2, R2 & BB8 are an integral part of the JTR team. By adding an additional droid that's also resistance, you're playing both for JTR's leadership (which focuses on bonuses for resistance) and BB8's speed bonus (droid depandent).
4) Finally (and this is the only one I think is a bit of a stretch, and depends on his kit),C3PO was used as bait a lot of times throughout the movies in order to expose them (most obvious example is being sent to Jabba to bait him to allow Han's rescue team in, but also randomly drawing fire in various fights and making troops follow him). Expose is the mechanic that binds the resistance together, so that might be a part of it (again, this is personal speculation based on this theory. I could be completely wrong about this last part...)

Replies

• Options
    I personally think it will bring back the droid meta because whenever t3m4 released crumb said that droids were not supposed to be viable at that moment
  • Options
    FeydSTL wrote: »
    I personally think it will bring back the droid meta because whenever t3m4 released crumb said that droids were not supposed to be viable at that moment

Could be, but I don't really see C3PO as a leader. I think that will come with the HK47 rework that was teased (accidentally?) in Candarous's kit reveal, though 3PO might be a part of that.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I think 3PO isn't a teaser for Jedi Luke, or an Ewok meta

I'ma just do what I always do, which is "not stress about characters that may or may not be released 6 months from now and just enjoy myself."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    FeydSTL wrote: »

Could be, but I don't really see C3PO as a leader. I think that will come with the HK47 rework that was teased (accidentally?) in Candarous's kit reveal, though 3PO might be a part of that.

In the Poe Dameron comics by Marvel, which is canon, we learn the C3PO was running a network of spy robots for the Resistance. He was their leader. So, yes, I can pretty much see him as the leader of the droid faction.

"You are aware that I maintain a network of... well-placed individuals who share information with me from time to time that might aid the Resistance?"
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    His job is just to do whatever until the Jedi Luke event comes around.
  • Options
    I wonder if he will have a unique that will be centered on his role as a translator/protocol droid. what if having him in your line up allowed the whole team regardless of faction to synergize with anyone's leader ability. I also wonder if they will make him a tank that can take damage and be "reassembled" multiple times as he has done in the movies.
  • Options
    I was thinking this the other day, surely they're building the next two heroes journeys to be Darth revan and Jedi Luke. Except I think revan will come first since we don't have a single dark side toon of this caliber
  • Options
    Complete incorrect post.

JTR IG88 R2 BB8 L33T

no nightsister weakness.

Loses to traya.

What else do you want
  • Options
    Bringing "relevance" to an older toon that lots have doesn't make any money.
  • Options
    Requiring Ewoks (incl Wicket) that many people never cared about does though...