Ewoks for C-3PO Legendary event!

Prev1
dimi4a
1558 posts Member
So Ewoks (a Light Side faction) will be the requirement for C-3PO (a Light Side Legendary toon)? What gives? Since Yoda's Event (a LS faction requirement for a LS Legendary toon), i thought that CG decided it wasn't a great idea and will never do another Legendary Event like that, since literally every other Legendary is obtained with the opposite faction.

Replies

• Options
    I think the old rules for legendary/journey events no longer apply. Before chewy g8 and and good mods was enough. Before revan journey event required a earlier version of that toon. From now on expect the unexpected from these events.
  • Options
    LS and DS are not factions. Ewoks are a faction. Rebels, Resistance, Galactic Republic, and Droids are all factions. As I understand it, the rule is that new legendary events will not require a squad of the same faction as the character that the event unlocks. So a future GMY-style event is off the table, because you use a Jedi squad to unlock a Jedi toon. But using an Ewok squad to unlock a Droid/Rebel/Galactic Republic/Resistance toon doesn’ violate that rule.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    It specifies 'veteran' ewoks, so I'd assume the newest bunch with zetas.

But teebo is in the picture.

I wonder which ones specifically, or just all.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Honest question...is there a reason you use exclamation points in every thread title and most of your sentences?

I'm legitimately curious.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I’d say this won’t be the norm and it’s essiot explained like this (yoda being the exception)

Threepio is possible to not have any Ewok synergies. So you need to build a team separate from one he will be going on.

It’s less about what faction vs faction, and more about investments. Making Theeepio not useful in his unlocking squad means to get max value out of him, you’ll need 9 characters. That’s the whole intent.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    You also use them in a lot of your sentences. Like this!

Not mocking, just trying to understand why. It just makes it feel like you're shouting at us a lot. Like you'd use all caps too if it was allowed.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Why are ewoks even LS? {EA_Lanna: removed profanity}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    You also use them in a lot of your sentences. Like this!

Not mocking, just trying to understand why. It just makes it feel like you're shouting at us a lot. Like you'd use all caps too if it was allowed.

To be more attention-grabbing, so more people could see these discussions.

1) That's called clickbait.
    2) I'm also talking about your sentences, not just the titles.

With that said I know I'm off topic and don't want you to think I'm harassing you, so I'll drop it. I do wish you consider stopping it though.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Boov wrote: »
    Why are ewoks even LS?

Why would they be DS?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Why are ewoks even LS?

Why would they be DS?

Why is wampa DS? Why is ugnaught LS? I don't have all the awnsers, i actually know very little about SW lore.
    {EA_Lanna: removed profanity}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    i actually know very little about SW lore.

I can see that.

The Ewoks fought alongside the Rebels. Of course they're LS.
  • Options
    Edison wrote: »
    I’d say this won’t be the norm and it’s essiot explained like this (yoda being the exception)

Threepio is possible to not have any Ewok synergies. So you need to build a team separate from one he will be going on.

It’s less about what faction vs faction, and more about investments. Making Theeepio not useful in his unlocking squad means to get max value out of him, you’ll need 9 characters. That’s the whole intent.

I thought this game encouraged farming opposite factions through events like these.

It has never been stated that legendary events will require the “opposite” faction to unlock. It has been stated that going forward, legendaries will require a “different” faction from the legendary toon. Since Threepio is not an Ewok, using Ewoks to unlock him is totally consistent with that. There is literally nothing surprising about this. I know this because people have been speculating literally since the new Ewoks were announced that they’d be needed for Threepio eventually. If you’re surprised, it’s because you weren’t paying attention.

Certainly there have been people who, even knowing all this, still placed their bets that Jawas or Tuskens or Troopers, or something else would be required for the eventual Threepio release. I’m sure those people are disappointed, but they have no reason to be surprised.
  • Options
    Edison wrote: »

I thought this game encouraged farming opposite factions through events like these.

It has never been stated that legendary events will require the “opposite” faction to unlock. It has been stated that going forward, legendaries will require a “different” faction from the legendary toon. Since Threepio is not an Ewok, using Ewoks to unlock him is totally consistent with that. There is literally nothing surprising about this. I know this because people have been speculating literally since the new Ewoks were announced that they’d be needed for Threepio eventually. If you’re surprised, it’s because you weren’t paying attention.

Certainly there have been people who, even knowing all this, still placed their bets that Jawas or Tuskens or Troopers, or something else would be required for the eventual Threepio release. I’m sure those people are disappointed, but they have no reason to be surprised.

Well in my view it's also totally consistent to use Imperial Troopers to unlock Threepio, because they are as much tied to C-3PO trying to capture him, as are the Ewoks trying to defend him at the battle of Endor!

I agree with you that it would be consistent. But it’s not what they did.
  • Options
    It sounds like someone didn't farm ewoks.

Honest answer for why it's not troopers: literally everyone has well geared troopers for TB. No money to be made.
  • Options
    This is absolutely lopsided favoritism in their game design. LS unlocks everything or gets everything free. This is the third one that is LS only. DS has NOTHING that is DS only. It’s just never ending marquee after marquee and LS outnumbering DS by an even greater number. If they wanted to make the ewoks needed for something, it should have been a legendary Imperial Trooper of some kind. Imp troopers including range should have been needed for “capturing” C-3PO just like they did with Imperials and R2. The favoritism is beyond question, I just want BALANCE. The player base isn’t lopsided LS fans, but apparently CG is.
  • Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »

Honest answer for why it's not troopers: literally everyone has well geared troopers for TB. No money to be made.

A new trooper or imperial of some kind could have been used to panic farm ewoks and ensure $ intake. It’s not hard to come up with ways to incentivize spending but it’s hard for CG to do it right because they don’t have anyone making unbaised decisions. With all the new toons added, nobody could claim they didn’t have time for one more.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    This is absolutely lopsided favoritism in their game design. LS unlocks everything or gets everything free. This is the third one that is LS only. DS has NOTHING that is DS only. It’s just never ending marquee after marquee and LS outnumbering DS by an even greater number. If they wanted to make the ewoks needed for something, it should have been a legendary Imperial Trooper of some kind. Imp troopers including range should have been needed for “capturing” C-3PO just like they did with Imperials and R2. The favoritism is beyond question, I just want BALANCE. The player base isn’t lopsided LS fans, but apparently CG is.

It's times like this I'm glad I don't care about LS or DS.
  • Options
    The Ewoks view C3PO as a god don’t they? Not surprised they would be required to unlock him...
  • Options
    C-3PO makes Ewok great again. What about using Jawa in some kind in this game or Tuskens?

We don't know. We got these legendary events:
    - Grand Master Yoda (Light Side)
    - Emperor Palpatine (Dark Side)
    - R2-D2 (Light Side)
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn (Dark Side)
    - Commander Luke Skywalker - Luke Skywalker's Journey (Light Side)
    - BB-8 (Light Side)
    - Rey (Jedi Training) - Rey X's Journey (Light Side)
    - Chewbacca (Light Side)
    - Jedi Knight Revan (Light Side)
    - C-3PO (Light Side)

And we've to know that we get only 2 Dark Side legendary events.
  • Options

A new trooper or imperial of some kind could have been used to panic farm ewoks and ensure $ intake. It’s not hard to come up with ways to incentivize spending but it’s hard for CG to do it right because they don’t have anyone making unbaised decisions. With all the new toons added, nobody could claim they didn’t have time for one more.

Wait. What? Why would we need a trooper to farm ewoks??
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    DarthKoon wrote: »

Wait. What? Why would we need a trooper to farm ewoks??

We could’ve used troopers to fight Threepio, Ewoks, and Rebels on the forest moon of Endor. So if they had released a new trooper, lots of people would've started farming troopers and then find out they need to be farming Ewoks instead of troopers. Then they would panic farm Ewoks because they were misdirected by troopers.
    Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on