Returning Player Help

Is there a good place that shows squad suggestions? I'm looking at SWGOH.GG, but it looks like it's missing something when it comes to best squads with characters. I'm also seeing from that site that I have a lot of work to do, but does anyone have suggestions with what I'm working with? I'm recently back after being away for a year. I'm unlocking some new chars but I don't get what people mean when they say to "unlock blah to go down the blah" path.

Any help you have would be appreciated.

My current loadout is https://swgoh.gg/p/544493729/characters/ .

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Great advice for squads for every area of the game except arena.

It'll cross reference your GG roster and give advice on when you're ready for certain events etc.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    You will probably benefit from following a new player's farming guide, but adjusting it to your current starting point. The usual strategy aims at collecting legendary/heroic characters. Legendary characters are unlock through events similarly to how you unlocked GM Yoda. You will need a team of any 5 from a specific faction to play the event. Heroic characters require 5 specific characters, all at rank 7 to unlock during another type of event.

The often recommended order is to start with EP (requires 5 rebels) and Thrawn (requires 5 phoenix, which are also rebels), then R2D2 (requires empire — 2 of them could be EP and Thrawn) and CLS (requires ST Han, Leia, OB, farmboy Luke and R2D2). And then with just enough scoundrels on the side to beat the highest tier of credit heist. I would still recommend this.

From there on, you could either work towards BB8 and JTR, towards Revan or towards the new legendaries (Chewie and C—3PO).

Disregarding which path you choose, you should try finding an active guild which raids Rancor and preferrably heroic tank raids — each at least twice a week.

I wouldn't worry too much about arenas yet, since you fell far behind any way. If you can reach top—500 with a jedi team (you will be farming Ezra and OB/Kanan anyway. Add Bastilla and your GMY and it will be solid) then it's fine. Top—200 will be out of reach for several months still.

Welcome back :—)
  • suprphrk
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I've favorited to concentrate on finishing Phasma, Jango now that he's in Light Side Battles, Greedo, Cad, Ackbar, Lando, Biggs, First Order Tie Pilot, Princess Leia, First Order Storm Trooper, Hoth Rebel Scout, K-2SO, and IG-88. That should get me Chewbacca, EP, "Daring Droid" (BB8?), and whatever "Pieces and Plans" gets me.
  • Options
    (For what it’s worth, Daring Droid pays out R2D2, and Pieces and Plans is what nets you B.B.-8)