Below is a post I made about a month ago I'll just repost it since I'm guessing it is still relevant.
IMO they botched this year. Not just Revan, the entire year. Especially the 2nd half of the year. That's why people are getting frustrated. Most pride themselves on winning this game based off attrition and the shrewd management of resources. But most of us are beginning to wonder what exactly are we saving/farming for?
Let me point out some key mistakes that were made this year;
- The level cap stagnated; in prior years we were driving onward and upwards. Investments in a particular toons lasted and were built upon as new gear an abilities came out. Now all power creep is kit based. They need to balance the creep between existing content and new toons.
- There is no free lunch; we used to get shards and cool new things in bronzniums and shops. Now every toon costs you crystals at one time or another.
- They introduced imbalanced power creep; with Revan and Traya/trio, do any of the other comps even matter anymore? 145 out of 160 toons are useless for top end arena now. All the other new content this year was white noise.
- They didn't re-balance any challenges; Credit Heists, Daily Events, and the like are all stuck balanced to 2017 or worse. As a result we have nonsense bottle necks on stale content. Most of the content in this game is frozen in place from when it was released. If the shops and events were re-balanced just once a year it would be a huge improvement
- G12+ is largely irrelevant; it does little to buff your toons, while being incredibly difficult to obtain
- Mods 2.0 froze mods; With the new mod system it is much more difficult to build a base of mods to slice. Moreover, slicing is fairly useless, especially to F2P. 6 dot mods not being allowed on g12 toons pay-walled the majority of the update.
- The only new playable content we got is the sith raid; No other playable content or modes were introduced
- The best changes to the game included mod management and making more things sim-able; Their best achievements were simply making us play the game less, let that one sink in. Instead of building a natural progression through TB and the raids, every variant stayed necessary. To make up this time cost they just made everything else sim-able instead building a natural progression from beginner to end game content.
- They completely ditched the original story line; We are in a Cantina playing holo-tables. They have completely lost any sort of arc to the game
- Battles have grown in length; Broken AI and poor kit design have most battles TW/Arena going near 4 or 5 minutes at 4x speed. Remember when battles were 45 second on 1x speed. These marathon battles are the reason nothing holds on D
- They gave us 1 million marquee toons; Then they promptly put the only two events back to back. We had nothing all year and then they did the toon events back to back
This game brings in tons of money. The above issues are undeniable. There are many more issues that I didn't mention. Instead of building kit-creep and more panic farms they should just run through these bullet points and knock them out.