This needs to be reviewed

Prev1
Below is a post I made about a month ago I'll just repost it since I'm guessing it is still relevant.


IMO they botched this year. Not just Revan, the entire year. Especially the 2nd half of the year. That's why people are getting frustrated. Most pride themselves on winning this game based off attrition and the shrewd management of resources. But most of us are beginning to wonder what exactly are we saving/farming for?
Let me point out some key mistakes that were made this year;

- The level cap stagnated; in prior years we were driving onward and upwards. Investments in a particular toons lasted and were built upon as new gear an abilities came out. Now all power creep is kit based. They need to balance the creep between existing content and new toons.
- There is no free lunch; we used to get shards and cool new things in bronzniums and shops. Now every toon costs you crystals at one time or another.
- They introduced imbalanced power creep; with Revan and Traya/trio, do any of the other comps even matter anymore? 145 out of 160 toons are useless for top end arena now. All the other new content this year was white noise.
- They didn't re-balance any challenges; Credit Heists, Daily Events, and the like are all stuck balanced to 2017 or worse. As a result we have nonsense bottle necks on stale content. Most of the content in this game is frozen in place from when it was released. If the shops and events were re-balanced just once a year it would be a huge improvement
- G12+ is largely irrelevant; it does little to buff your toons, while being incredibly difficult to obtain
- Mods 2.0 froze mods; With the new mod system it is much more difficult to build a base of mods to slice. Moreover, slicing is fairly useless, especially to F2P. 6 dot mods not being allowed on g12 toons pay-walled the majority of the update.
- The only new playable content we got is the sith raid; No other playable content or modes were introduced
- The best changes to the game included mod management and making more things sim-able; Their best achievements were simply making us play the game less, let that one sink in. Instead of building a natural progression through TB and the raids, every variant stayed necessary. To make up this time cost they just made everything else sim-able instead building a natural progression from beginner to end game content.
- They completely ditched the original story line; We are in a Cantina playing holo-tables. They have completely lost any sort of arc to the game
- Battles have grown in length; Broken AI and poor kit design have most battles TW/Arena going near 4 or 5 minutes at 4x speed. Remember when battles were 45 second on 1x speed. These marathon battles are the reason nothing holds on D
- They gave us 1 million marquee toons; Then they promptly put the only two events back to back. We had nothing all year and then they did the toon events back to back
This game brings in tons of money. The above issues are undeniable. There are many more issues that I didn't mention. Instead of building kit-creep and more panic farms they should just run through these bullet points and knock them out.

Replies

  • Ya man you’re lost. I don’t agree with most of it. I wouldn’t say that the old post is still relavent. More that it never was relavent. Why don’t you start a game that doesn’t require money to fund it , never gets old and most importantly never upsets anyone who takes the game too seriously. You must not work in the service industry. Or else you’d know that you can’t please everyone. Even if you do everything empiracly correct. Even if you do it’s all right and put in effort , trying to make people happy ... even if. You will still upset someone, somewhere on a forum. Someone who’s opinion matters more than the rest of the players. Because the game you see , is just for one individual.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Most of those points are either based on an individuals perspective (so highly debateable) or just not true/misinformed.

    elaborate
  • The shills are out in force, quick to reply here
  • TVF
    7444 posts Member
    edited December 5
    CurryBeans wrote: »
    The shills are out in force, quick to reply here

    Enjoying a game doesn't make you a shill for the makers.

    Or put another way, why do people who hate the game so much keep playing it?
  • CurryBeans wrote: »
    The shills are out in force, quick to reply here

    It's really as if people don't remember how the 1st two years of the game went compared to the third. It is similar to the gap in between episode 7 and episode 8, where somewhere along the line every standard that was set and any point in the story line was just thrown out.
  • Liath
    2339 posts Member
    I am excited to learn that there is a story line though!
  • we got ships 2.0 this year also.
    And yeah, they made more things simmable, but they've also included more events than ever before. Cargo heists and BH events are both new this year.
    While there is some merit to some of your points, there is also a lot of hyperbole.
  • TaviRus wrote: »
    we got ships 2.0 this year also.
    And yeah, they made more things simmable, but they've also included more events than ever before. Cargo heists and BH events are both new this year.
    While there is some merit to some of your points, there is also a lot of hyperbole.
    Rember though this post is aged slightly.
  • all the points are valid, well written and mostly, true.
    strubbz and jagged can continue say nothing or use memes or being obvious CG employees (lol xD) but all the points are true after all.
    the truth is that this game lost some of his fun aspect. i feel like all i do is keep up. every speculation isnt 'what people want' is basically 'what will bring CG most money'.
    we know it, they know it, its just what happens. most moves made in the game are for the ONLY purpose of making money... this making us stressing and fearing about the next moves.. trying to be ahead instead of enjoing the life and the game. so that "making money" being the *sole* purpose currently is a problem.
    while i agree this is very good purpose, i feel the fun side a game should have is bit neglected. now, i dont know how to bring more "fun" to this game besides trying to balancing with diversity and giving us free stuff, but i know one things : in the start of this game, cg knew how to do it AMAZINGLY. and when MSF was released, i dont remember exactly what CG did, but i felt game was more fun, more free, less stress.
  • Wow that took a lot of time to type in the whole rant. I love this game and love all of the new content and toons.

  • Olddumper wrote: »
    CurryBeans wrote: »
    The shills are out in force, quick to reply here

    It's really as if people don't remember how the 1st two years of the game went compared to the third. It is similar to the gap in between episode 7 and episode 8, where somewhere along the line every standard that was set and any point in the story line was just thrown out.

    The thought actually crossed my mind as I read your first post. “This guys got a problem with the last Jedi too I bet “

    the Very fact that someone tried to Justify the opinion of the first post by saying “ if someone else had posted this it wouldn’t be dismissed “ brings up a lot of things. Does this op have a history of complaints ? Does he live up to his name ? A dumper ?

  • Most of these things are opinions. Since they are opinions, everyone is free to have their own. I disagree with about half of these, agree with some, and am neutral on the rest.

    However, one statement declared as a fact is incorrect:
    "- The only new playable content we got is the sith raid; No other playable content or modes were introduced"

    It's ironic that this statement is made the day before the Grand Arena has its first round. You know...the new game mode that just launched....
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    On a separate note: shout out to the ignore feature on this forum.

    “Ignore” is short for ignorance.

    “Hope can be found even in the darkest of times, if one remembers to turn on the light.” - Dumbledore

    It’s sad that I used a Harry Potter quote when referring to a Star Wars game, but this year was not so bad. We’ve gotten some beloved characters, at least a little Qol improvement, and CG makes money, alongside this game still being very popular heading into its third (fourth?) year. Power creep? Inevitable. In order to maximize profits, it has to happen. Yes people may be angry, and characters (such as Plo Koon) will be left in the dust. But you can still use those characters, and there definitely is use for them *cough* TW *cough*. I think that this game is fair for both P2W and F2P. Overall, I’m happy. And I suggest that you turn on the light as well.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Most of these things are opinions. Since they are opinions, everyone is free to have their own. I disagree with about half of these, agree with some, and am neutral on the rest.

    However, one statement declared as a fact is incorrect:
    "- The only new playable content we got is the sith raid; No other playable content or modes were introduced"

    It's ironic that this statement is made the day before the Grand Arena has its first round. You know...the new game mode that just launched....

    @jkray622 is 100% correct. This game has an update about once a week. That’s a lot of new content in one year.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    @jkray622 is 100% correct. This game has an update about once a week. That’s a lot of new content in one year.

    The OP was trying to say that nothin really new entered the game. More characters or ships are not "new." A new raid, a new game mode (like Territory Battles), that's what the OP was complaining about.

    However, Grand Arena just launched, and he's complaining that we haven't had any new game modes. I find that funny.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    @jkray622 is 100% correct. This game has an update about once a week. That’s a lot of new content in one year.

    The OP was trying to say that nothin really new entered the game. More characters or ships are not "new." A new raid, a new game mode (like Territory Battles), that's what the OP was complaining about.

    However, Grand Arena just launched, and he's complaining that we haven't had any new game modes. I find that funny.

    It is funny. I’m just trying to say that most games don’t update often. So complaining about no new raids, or game modes, or groundbreaking additions when we have an update a week isn’t a very strong statement.

    Also we got Ships 2.0, Mods 2.0, Titles, Quests, and a couple new factions. So pretty good year for big advancements.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    @jkray622 is 100% correct. This game has an update about once a week. That’s a lot of new content in one year.

    The OP was trying to say that nothin really new entered the game. More characters or ships are not "new." A new raid, a new game mode (like Territory Battles), that's what the OP was complaining about.

    However, Grand Arena just launched, and he's complaining that we haven't had any new game modes. I find that funny.

    This post was made a month ago. I figured just about all the bullet points are still spot on. The hope for grand arena to be fun is the reason I haven’t quit the game.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    @jkray622 is 100% correct. This game has an update about once a week. That’s a lot of new content in one year.

    The OP was trying to say that nothin really new entered the game. More characters or ships are not "new." A new raid, a new game mode (like Territory Battles), that's what the OP was complaining about.

    However, Grand Arena just launched, and he's complaining that we haven't had any new game modes. I find that funny.

    This post was made a month ago. I figured just about all the bullet points are still spot on. The hope for grand arena to be fun is the reason I haven’t quit the game.

    Even a month ago, the point about the Sith raid being the only new playable content was wrong. A month ago, we already had contraband cargo, smuggler's run, galactic bounties I and II. We got new mythic tiers of legendaries (I believe Thrawn, Palpatine, and Yoda were new this year). I don't remember if Rebel Roundup was a new assault battle this year, but it may have been.
  • Gair
    130 posts Member
    This game is #3 on top grossing for android platforms. No matter what anybody says in this thread, that is a capitalism success for any company.
  • Olddumper
    2767 posts Member
    edited December 5
    Olddumper wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    @jkray622 is 100% correct. This game has an update about once a week. That’s a lot of new content in one year.

    The OP was trying to say that nothin really new entered the game. More characters or ships are not "new." A new raid, a new game mode (like Territory Battles), that's what the OP was complaining about.

    However, Grand Arena just launched, and he's complaining that we haven't had any new game modes. I find that funny.

    This post was made a month ago. I figured just about all the bullet points are still spot on. The hope for grand arena to be fun is the reason I haven’t quit the game.

    Even a month ago, the point about the Sith raid being the only new playable content was wrong. A month ago, we already had contraband cargo, smuggler's run, galactic bounties I and II. We got new mythic tiers of legendaries (I believe Thrawn, Palpatine, and Yoda were new this year). I don't remember if Rebel Roundup was a new assault battle this year, but it may have been.

    The rewards for contraband cargo, and galactic bounties I and II are non rewards for me.

    You are right though, this year every other month I get to auto the smugglers event. Rebel round up was this year as well but also autoable non-progression.
  • TVF
    7444 posts Member
    Did we not get a whole new ship table and a complete rework of both ship abilities and combat?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Did we not get a whole new ship table and a complete rework of both ship abilities and combat?

    I didn’t mind ships 2.0 but it seems like this community hated/ignored it.
  • TVF
    7444 posts Member
    You ignored it when you said "The only new playable content we got is the sith raid; No other playable content or modes were introduced."

    And this community hates everything.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    @jkray622 is 100% correct. This game has an update about once a week. That’s a lot of new content in one year.

    The OP was trying to say that nothin really new entered the game. More characters or ships are not "new." A new raid, a new game mode (like Territory Battles), that's what the OP was complaining about.

    However, Grand Arena just launched, and he's complaining that we haven't had any new game modes. I find that funny.

    It is funny. I’m just trying to say that most games don’t update often. So complaining about no new raids, or game modes, or groundbreaking additions when we have an update a week isn’t a very strong statement.

    Also we got Ships 2.0, Mods 2.0, Titles, Quests, and a couple new factions. So pretty good year for big advancements.

    Just to be fair, there are those that do NOT consider either "2.0" to be an "advancement" but simply a chance for CG to make players pay, again, for something they already bought once.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
Sign In or Register to comment.