Nerfs don't belong in a game where doing anything takes forever!

I'm upset because like many people I've farmed Enfys Nest not really because I like the character but because for people who couldn't afford Revan, she seemed like the only counter. Every time someone posts anything about the game like zetas and omegas taking too long to get, gear being a huge bottleneck, shards taking too long to farm off of hard nodes, ect. There's always a ton of people, and usually it's the same suspects, who will come and scream in the comment section : "resource management and priorities". Then they get 10 upvotes from the same 10 suspects every single time and their voices will usually be louder than words than yours so they shut down your posts.

The reason why I mentioned this is because in a game where everyone from moderators, devs and fellow players try to convince you that everything takes so long for a reason and that your choices matter, the same hypocrites will defend nerfs of characters that take so long to farm. Nerfs that are literally designed to counter the very same reason why anyone would farm these characters.

I mean I'm sitting here waiting for when someone comes to the comment section to say how awesome Enfys still is in order to try and calm everyone down. We'll Enfys might still be awesome but who cares. I didn't farm her to counter CLS or Resistance, I specifically farmed her to counter Revan and now she can't do that. And I really couldn't care less if she counters the other 99% of the roster because that wasn't my issue in the first place and that's not why I farmed her. Nobody is going to compensate me for the gear and ability mats I spent on her, or give me shards for a different character off the fleet store.

So before you make nerfs you need to take into account that people invest i some characters for a reason. In your mind Enfys is still a great character but in our minds she's completely useless for the purpose that we care.

Ohh and when it comes to Sion, this is obviously not about Sion! This clearly is NOTHING BUT a nerf to Darth Traya. It's sole purpose is to make mirror matches more difficult by adding more RNG to it and nothing else! So thanks for nerfing my long invested character for no real reason...

Replies

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Ya hopefully the developers just run every decision by you and everyone else who complains before they make a decision. That way we can make the whole process a lot faster.
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »
    Ya hopefully the developers just run every decision by you and everyone else who complains before they make a decision. That way we can make the whole process a lot faster.

Way to completely miss the OP's point. Did you even read the post you replied to?

Incidentally, he's right. Far too often (especially in the past 15 months) has CG allowed a character, ship or team comp perform well over an extended period of time only to drop the nerf hammer after people have spent time, resources and real money to obtain it based on in-game performance. See Barris (shortly after launch) original Poe, zVader, zBarris, Nighsisters, Nute in raids,, Resistance (expose in raids), Ships 2.0 and what it did to TFP and Tie Reaper, etc. for examples.

Welcome to the forums.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Nightsisters weren't nerfed.
    Resistance (expose) was an extremely small nerf. Still dominant in the raid.
    Ships weren't nerfed, they were all set back with the introduction of new abilities and currency.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The acolyte was nerfed, they buffed zombie and they are doing okay but it was definitely a nerf first.
    The Size/Impact of the nerf is not at question, the fact remains expose was nerfed and hurt other teams more than just Resistance.
    TFP and Tie Reaper were "rebalanced" which is another word for nerf. As the net effect is they are not as good as they previously were when compared to the other available ships that gained more from 2.0 changes.
    Just like they didn't nerf Scav Rey either, but when they added more gear levels, they gave her weak items so she was "Rebalanced" and less effective at higher gear levels than other characters who got better items and stopped dominating the arena.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Acoylte was nerfed against Jedi, fair enough. At the same time the whole team was buffed through Zombie.

The expose nerf was negligible. I disagree that the size/impact is not relevant.

All ships were rebalanced in order to bring diversity to the meta. And I used (and continue to use) both ships to good effect in the various 2.0 metas. Reaper and Tie were rebalanced because it was mandatory to use them, otherwise you couldn't win. That's not remotely the same thing as what was done with Nest.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Acoylte was nerfed against Jedi, fair enough. At the same time the whole team was buffed through Zombie.

The expose nerf was negligible. I disagree that the size/impact is not relevant.

All ships were rebalanced in order to bring diversity to the meta. And I used (and continue to use) both ships to good effect in the various 2.0 metas. Reaper and Tie were rebalanced because it was mandatory to use them, otherwise you couldn't win. That's not remotely the same thing as what was done with Nest.

I disagree, the tie reaper wasn't rebalancing, it was a blatant attempt to push the advantage of higher speed 7 star chimaera over a 6 star chimaera to force the players to panic farm. It also happened to come soon after everyone 7 starred it, not so coincidental
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    PeteBajama wrote: »

I disagree, the tie reaper wasn't rebalancing, it was a blatant attempt to push the advantage of higher speed 7 star chimaera over a 6 star chimaera to force the players to panic farm. It also happened to come soon after everyone 7 starred it, not so coincidental

Nice conspiracy theory.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Nice conspiracy theory.

Suggesting that CG collects data, then uses said data to manipulate the meta/make changes is hardly a "theory" - it's their MO - and they have stated as such several times. At least if you're going to troll, stay factual.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »

Way to completely miss the OP's point. Did you even read the post you replied to?

Incidentally, he's right. Far too often (especially in the past 15 months) has CG allowed a character, ship or team comp perform well over an extended period of time only to drop the nerf hammer after people have spent time, resources and real money to obtain it based on in-game performance. See Barris (shortly after launch) original Poe, zVader, zBarris, Nighsisters, Nute in raids,, Resistance (expose in raids), Ships 2.0 and what it did to TFP and Tie Reaper, etc. for examples.

Welcome to the forums.

Wouldn't be an issue if they just handled everything this way. Most other games that are similar often do balance passes to correct such things. After the Poe nerf they were afraid to nerf anymore for a long time, and went with power creep instead. Now we're stuck with the worst of both worlds.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    The reason why I mentioned this is because in a game where everyone from moderators, devs and fellow players try to convince you that everything takes so long for a reason and that your choices matter, the same hypocrites will defend nerfs of characters that take so long to farm. Nerfs that are literally designed to counter the very same reason why anyone would farm these characters.

I mean I'm sitting here waiting for when someone comes to the comment section to say how awesome Enfys still is in order to try and calm everyone down.

Nest was not nerfed. She was fixed. She had a bug. A bug wasn't discovered until a character, which could consistently reduce Nest's max healt (Revan), was introduced. The bug was flagged on the EA answers site about a month ago.

Nest still works just as good as before in situations where noone consistently reduces her max health.

You're welcome :—)

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »

I mean I'm sitting here waiting for when someone comes to the comment section to say how awesome Enfys still is in order to try and calm everyone down.

Nest was not nerfed. She was fixed. She had a bug. A bug wasn't discovered until a character, which could consistently reduce Nest's max healt (Revan), was introduced. The bug was flagged on the EA answers site about a month ago.

Nest still works just as good as before in situations where noone consistently reduces her max health.

You're welcome :—)

Interestingly enough if you have watched mobile gamer's video you'd find out that bonus protection is calculated off of maximum health. I didn't know that and honestly it doesn't even make sense. For the longest time I've been modding characters with protection thinking the extra protection will result in higher bonus protection which makes more sense. Like I said above, in my OP, I have expected someone to come and say how good Enfys is. I simply don't care if she's the best character in the game, I am completely uninterested in the fact that she may counter a ton of squads, the only purpose why most people would care to farm he is because she countered Revan.