Jawa a hindrance now...

These little baddies are not just useless; they can be detrimental to own now...
After making all mod battles available to all toons, they are no longer "required" to get those crucial Crit. Dam. mods...
They are ineffective in the Tank raids, where their added special ability is nice but still not enough to make them worthwhile...
And the one Event that "requires" Jawa can also be completed with a different squad entirely...
Now with the addition of the Grand Arena; owning a powerful (lol) Jawa squad hurts a player as they are no match for any other squad of similar GP, but still factored in as if they were the equal of anything else...
Ewoks needed to unlock C3PO? 3PO befriended the Ewoks? I suppose a case could be made there, however Leia actually met and befriended Wicket first as we all know... Who found that **** gold bot wandering alone in the deserts on Tantooine? Who kidnapped and reunited him with R2D2? Who sold them both to Lukes family thus launching Luke on a path further than he could possibly imagine? THE JAWA!!!! A huge opportunity to make the Jawa relevant to the game again has been completely whiffed...

Replies

  • I doubt there are many people with a full G12 squad of Jawas and one team isn't going to make any significant difference in GP for matchmaking for Grand Arena.
  • They will absolutely make a huge difference if they are your 2nd most powerful team, as they will never stack up against another team of equal GP, and since there are so few battles to spread the variance over.
  • Understand your point as I geared them up as well for crit damage mode.... Guess what. I got those mods... That was my choice. Now It isn't great, but I did benefit
  • Understand your point as I geared them up as well for crit damage mode.... Guess what. I got those mods... That was my choice. Now It isn't great, but I did benefit

    Whats the point you are trying to make? Yes, it WAS beneficial to have Jawa... my point is now they are less than beneficial...
    I doubt there are many people with a full G12 squad of Jawas and one team isn't going to make any significant difference in GP for matchmaking for Grand Arena.

    Also, you made my case for me... if the devs wanted to make money, they would have made C3PO require G12 Jawa; since so few ppl have them there would be a game wide rush to get them...
  • Talen wrote: »
    They will absolutely make a huge difference if they are your 2nd most powerful team, as they will never stack up against another team of equal GP, and since there are so few battles to spread the variance over.

    How on earth are they your 2nd most powerful team? Who told you THAT was a good idea?
  • TVF
    7675 posts Member
    Talen wrote: »
    They will absolutely make a huge difference if they are your 2nd most powerful team, as they will never stack up against another team of equal GP, and since there are so few battles to spread the variance over.

    How on earth are they your 2nd most powerful team? Who told you THAT was a good idea?

    I asked that exact question in a different thread and got no response.
  • A full g12 jawa squad is what like 85k? On a developed roster that’s still just a rounding error and won’t affect your matchup.
  • Talen wrote: »
    They will absolutely make a huge difference if they are your 2nd most powerful team, as they will never stack up against another team of equal GP, and since there are so few battles to spread the variance over.

    If you built Jawas to be your 2nd most powerful team, that’s on you. There was no reason to push them up that high and the information is out there that they are not good. Why would you use all those cuffs on Jawas?
  • Talen wrote: »
    They will absolutely make a huge difference if they are your 2nd most powerful team, as they will never stack up against another team of equal GP, and since there are so few battles to spread the variance over.

    How on earth are they your 2nd most powerful team? Who told you THAT was a good idea?

    Nobody told me it was a good idea... nowhere had i seen that some squads are not just a bit weaker than the rest, but totally worthless and to be avoided at all costs either... when i first start a game (like most others im sure) i dont do a bunch of research to see what is useless and what isnt, i see what appears to be a cool game, download and start plugging away... the fact that theyre my 2nd most powerful squad has only to do with the timing of my starting. coupled with the fact that they used to be required for crit dam mods, i got the "jawa" unlocked free from bronzium when i first started and decided to go for those mods as some friends of mine who had been playing longer than i were unable to even access them yet. shortly after i unlocked the final tier they made all mods avail to all toons. now ive quit the jawa entirely and have far surpassed them with my sith/empire squad, thats pretty easy with a g12 2Z vader, palp and tarkin alone, plus any two more toons and they SHOULD do to the jawa what they did in the movies... my jedi are close behind in GP but would completely overpower the jawa, this stands to reason as well. the point is the jawa (any squad really) should be EFFECTIVE AGAINST SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE or at least ACTUALLY REQUIRED SOMEWHERE... otherwise they are just a frustrating waste of time that is going to turn players away from a good game.
  • I worked them just enough to be able to sim those mods as well. Don't worry, they will probably become relevant at some point, and you can LOL @ those that didn't invest in them. Put them in TW, make your opponent waste an offensive team on them.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    A full g12 jawa squad is what like 85k? On a developed roster that’s still just a rounding error and won’t affect your matchup.

    Isnt the point of any game to get new players? AKA Customers? As a newer (only months not years at) lvl 85, i have not had a chance to fully develop my entire roster yet; therefore the offset that a geared jawa squad has to the rest of my roster is much greater. If the idea is cater only to those who have been around a long time and to hell with any new players, they have done a good job here.
  • Talen wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    A full g12 jawa squad is what like 85k? On a developed roster that’s still just a rounding error and won’t affect your matchup.

    Isnt the point of any game to get new players? AKA Customers? As a newer (only months not years at) lvl 85, i have not had a chance to fully develop my entire roster yet; therefore the offset that a geared jawa squad has to the rest of my roster is much greater. If the idea is cater only to those who have been around a long time and to hell with any new players, they have done a good job here.

    Overreacting much?
  • Are Jawas really that bad? Or is this another Ewok situation where they're actually alright but people crap on them because they aren't required for anything and therefore a "waste of time?"
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Are Jawas really that bad? Or is this another Ewok situation where they're actually alright but people crap on them because they aren't required for anything and therefore a "waste of time?"

    They're just bad. Plain bad. Ughnaught bad. Period.
  • I doubt there are many people with a full G12 squad of Jawas and one team isn't going to make any significant difference in GP for matchmaking for Grand Arena.

    A full team of 7* G10 jawas still worth around 70kGP, and they are no match to other 70k GP squad like R1 or Phoenix.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Are Jawas really that bad? Or is this another Ewok situation where they're actually alright but people crap on them because they aren't required for anything and therefore a "waste of time?"

    Just bad. Ewoks has a faction wide synergy and couple zetas, Jawas dont.
  • Are you fighting my guildmate? This is who he's going against LOL :lol:
    image0.png?width=800&height=450
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
  • Talen wrote: »
    ...
    They are ineffective in the Tank raids, where their added special ability is nice but still not enough to make them worthwhile...
    ...

    Tank raid has been out for what, 2 years now? You should have spent some of that time gearing some teams other than jawas.
  • Talen wrote: »
    Talen wrote: »
    They will absolutely make a huge difference if they are your 2nd most powerful team, as they will never stack up against another team of equal GP, and since there are so few battles to spread the variance over.

    How on earth are they your 2nd most powerful team? Who told you THAT was a good idea?
    the point is the jawa (any squad really) should be EFFECTIVE AGAINST SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE or at least ACTUALLY REQUIRED SOMEWHERE... otherwise they are just a frustrating waste of time that is going to turn players away from a good game.

    The tuskens are rolling their goggles at this
    UpTheIrons
Sign In or Register to comment.