Mod Question

When a mod gives a flat Offense bonus (ie Offense +20), what is that actually being added to? The damage numbers in the stat list, or something else?

Replies

• Options
    Yes, it adds to the damage number directly.

It has a different name (offence) I assume just because it adds directly onto two numbers in the stats. The "Damage" number under "physical offence" and the "Damage" under "special offence".

When you add a % offence it also adds to both these numbers but it calculates the amount added as a % of the damage number you had at the start of the current complete gear level (not including offence added by gear pieces that haven't yet completed a gear level).

Check the character ability to see if it does physical or special damage. Special damage normally has a higher base value so benefits more from % offence. Physical damage is normally lower so benefits more from a flat number of offence added. (A general rule with exceptions of course).

Hope some of that helps
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    Also take into account that flat benefits are added AFTER % benefit is calculated.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    While I'm at it, what does Defense add to?
  • Options
    papy72 wrote: »
    While I'm at it, what does Defense add to?

Defense increases your armor and resistance. Armor reduces the amount of damage taken from physical damage attacks, and resistance reduces the amount of damage taken from special damage attacks.