New/Mid player ?loosing? progression

Sloul
2 posts Member
edited December 2018
Hello fellow holo table players,

So... I guess this message can be flagged ''whining'', but I really had my fare share of issues, and i need to vent.
I started the game while I was in vacations (due to some events that went wrong I had to stay in my hotel for around 5 days, thus decided to check out what kind of games were available).
This is only after a time back in France, that I understood that my timers were not scaling. Thus I played from 29 sept. to early november with only one credit boost (albeit my fav. 45 cant, 45 eng and ?45 mod?).

I wrote to the support to see if a change was possible, and manage to get ''a one time exceptional change, that was only due to courtesy''.
Which, in the process, prevented me from getting a daily bonus + a number of things.

But I thought ''it's ok, the road is clear now''.
And I really, finally, started to progress in the game, manage to get to a decent 500+ position in arena, which gave me 50 crystals.
AND top 50 in Fleet Arena, which allowed me to gather 50 crystals.

On a note, I also lost a Galactic War victory (complete and overwhelming victory) due to the fact that the old lady Nightsisters (the one that revive everybody), revived on its own during the whole fight (possibly due to a bug) and in the process revived everybody around her.

Real trouble started yesterday and the big update, I am unsure of what happened but I've been completely screwed in Fleet Arena and I have a big step back in Arena.
In Fleet Arena, I logged to discover that was around 80th, while I was 45th the day before.
And I now can't seem to beat 70th people.
In Arena, while I was around 550-600, I am now around 700-800, no change in my daily rewards, but it really makes me ponder on what went wrong...

Ultimately it's ok to loose, I have no issue with that. But making some progression, and then, watching your progression being completely annihilated is what put me in this 'mediocre' mood about the game.
I wonder now, if, something 'unnatural' happened to my shard. Or was I moved to another shard??
It's just seem that the people I compete against are not the same as before, and probably have older accounts.

I'll see in the comments what people think of this... is this a normal situation? Do other people also went through all of this? Or is it a specific case of ''unluck'' (or what ever else).

p.s: sorry for the long message ahah.
And thanks for the contribution of the many nice youtubers around there, really nice players/mood with very handy tips.

Replies

• Options
    Yea it's whining.

1. What credit boost? U mean free energy?
    2. U probably faced a zeta talzin lead which can revive dead nightsisters. If you don't know how it works u don't deserve to clear that round of GW.
    3. You are so low in the squad arena that anything goes. It is just your squad which has trouble on defense. Below top50, i doubt you can remember all the 450-700 players that are ahead of you, so your claim that you have been placed in another shard is invalid. Unless u can prove with a screenshot of the top 50 before and after the update, i'd be inclined to not believe u.

In conclusion, everything u have mentioned is normal. U were not moved to another shard. U didnt experience a bug with nightsisters. The problem is just... U.
  • Options
    Yea it's whining.

1. What credit boost? U mean free energy?
    2. U probably faced a zeta talzin lead which can revive dead nightsisters. If you don't know how it works u don't deserve to clear that round of GW.
    3. You are so low in the squad arena that anything goes. It is just your squad which has trouble on defense. Below top50, i doubt you can remember all the 450-700 players that are ahead of you, so your claim that you have been placed in another shard is invalid. Unless u can prove with a screenshot of the top 50 before and after the update, i'd be inclined to not believe u.

In conclusion, everything u have mentioned is normal. U were not moved to another shard. U didnt experience a bug with nightsisters. The problem is just... U.

This chap has the bedside manner of Dracula, but that said, he's right.

Read up on zombie's revive mechanics - it's working as intended.

You won't have been moved to another shard, but at lower levels there can be huge movement in the arena. I don't see them anymore since I got them but if there's a Thrawn, CLS, EP event going on and people around you have got these toons and you haven't, you're going to sink like a stone. Same in fleets with capital ships.
  • Options
    I see, there are currently Thrawn and Chimera events going on, might come from there.

Thanks for your answers.
  • Options
    If you haven't spent a lot of money on your account, it might be worth starting over. That way you can get it right from the beginning without missing out on free energy.
  • Options
    Sloul wrote: »
    I see, there are currently Thrawn and Chimera events going on, might come from there.

Thanks for your answers.

You can now change your timezone in-game so that your free energy times and arena payout times are more convenient for you. From the settings menu, the bottom right option is 'time settings' or something like that.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's hard to know your exact situation, but there is a difference between losing progress and being beat by others progress.

Without knowing more details it's hard to give any guidance.

My suggestion would be to post more specific questions in the Arena Startegy section of the forum and try to get a better understanding of where you should focus or how to beat your current situations.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Real trouble started yesterday and the big update, I am unsure of what happened but I've been completely screwed in Fleet Arena and I have a big step back in Arena.
    In Fleet Arena, I logged to discover that was around 80th, while I was 45th the day before.
    And I now can't seem to beat 70th people.
    In Arena, while I was around 550-600, I am now around 700-800, no change in my daily rewards, but it really makes me ponder on what went wrong...

Ultimately it's ok to loose, I have no issue with that. But making some progression, and then, watching your progression being completely annihilated is what put me in this 'mediocre' mood about the game.
    I wonder now, if, something 'unnatural' happened to my shard. Or was I moved to another shard??
    It's just seem that the people I compete against are not the same as before, and probably have older accounts.

A. Players are not moved between arena shards. Once you are assigned to one, you stay there. If you drop further and further every day it's because others develop their fleet / squad better or faster than you.
    B. Those drops you listed are quite normal. Everybody drops several ranks. In squad arena I was top—20 at payout yesterday. This morning I was 53. That's a large drop. I often only drop to 20—30, but still, dropping to 53 can happen. Do you remember those players you beat to climb to rank 45? They may simply be active at other times than you and fought back to claim their top—50 rank at their payout.
  • Options
    Heii thanks for your answers guys, this situation is a bit vague to me which is why I wouldn't even know where to start to give more specifics.
    What made me consider posting on the forum is that I never had a sense of loosing progression like I did since yesterday.

@Waqui it seems that your drop in rank also happened yesterday.
    As CHFC22 mentioned, maybe it's due to Thrawn and Chimera events.

• Options
    Yeah I experienced a dramatic drop in Arena but I figure its due to Thrawn and the ability to choose time zones.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

@Waqui it seems that your drop in rank also happened yesterday.
    As CHFC22 mentioned, maybe it's due to Thrawn and Chimera events.

Still, the drops you listed are not unordinary. Not at all. Dropping from 45 to 80? That's about 3 battles/losses only. Getting target 3 times in half a day is not out of the ordinary.