Vader not taking a turn immediately after a finishing blow with Culling Blade!

dimi4a
1558 posts Member
As the title says, sometimes Vader gets beaten to his turn by other enemy toons after scoring a finishing blow with his Culling Blade, instead of immediately taking a turn. Please fix the order of actions as you did with Thrawn's Grand Admiral's Command ability.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Granting 100% TM doesnt guarantee an immediate turn. It never has, and likely never will. All toons at 100% TM have the same chance to take the next turn.

Thrawn swaps his turn, which is active at that moment which is why they changed that.
  • Options
    The point is that it is WAI. Much like Maul performing a finishing blow and gaining 100% TM. Or FOO granting TM (not swapping). It's in the wording and the mechanics.

Two toons at 100% are randomly awarded their turns.
  • Options
    I kinda agree, it’d be nice if they changed it to a bonus turn instead of 100% turn meter.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Granting 100% TM doesnt guarantee an immediate turn. It never has, and likely never will. All toons at 100% TM have the same chance to take the next turn.

Thrawn swaps his turn, which is active at that moment which is why they changed that.

So what's the point of Vader getting 100% TM from this special ability and not taking a turn immediately after, thus losing his advantage from it?

A lot of characters gain 100% bonus TM in various ways:

Biggs, JKA, B2, Vader .... and probably more.

Some also grant 100% TM to others:
    FOO, Jyn and maybe more.

So, Vader not being guaranteed to perform the next action is not unusual but WAI.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

So what's the point of Vader getting 100% TM from this special ability and not taking a turn immediately after, thus losing his advantage from it?

FOO, Jyn and maybe more.

So, Vader not being guaranteed to perform the next action is not unusual but WAI.

Well, this whole thing goes against the idea of his ability which is to give Vader an extra turn advantage over the enemy and not the other way around, ....

I never knew, what the developers' idea with his ability was. Thank you for the information. What's your source on this? And do you know why the developers didn't implement it to work in accordance with the idea behind it? And why the ability description doesn't match the idea behind it?

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

FOO, Jyn and maybe more.

Well, this whole thing goes against the idea of his ability which is to give Vader an extra turn advantage over the enemy and not the other way around, and what will that benefit Vader when the enemy takes a turn first and shuts him down with a Stun like Talzin for example, thus preventing him from landing a much needed Ability Block?

What if you were using daka and asajj got killed by culling blade? Daka was at 80%, so with the +50% TM from asajj's death she should go next to revive asajj. That's the whole purpose of her unique ability, but if vader gets to go again and abi blocks daka she can't do that.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

FOO, Jyn and maybe more.

Well, this whole thing goes against the idea of his ability which is to give Vader an extra turn advantage over the enemy and not the other way around, ....

I never knew, what the developers' idea with his ability was. Thank you for the information. What's your source on this? And do you know why the developers didn't implement it to work in accordance with the idea behind it? And why the ability description doesn't match the idea behind it?

Please, enlighten me!

It was your claim, mate - not mine. But please do enlighten us with a source for your claim that "this whole thing goes against the idea of his ability....". I always thought, that the idea was exactly as it was described and implemented.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Boov wrote: »

FOO, Jyn and maybe more.

Well, this whole thing goes against the idea of his ability which is to give Vader an extra turn advantage over the enemy and not the other way around, and what will that benefit Vader when the enemy takes a turn first and shuts him down with a Stun like Talzin for example, thus preventing him from landing a much needed Ability Block?

What if you were using daka and asajj got killed by culling blade? Daka was at 80%, so with the +50% TM from asajj's death she should go next to revive asajj. That's the whole purpose of her unique ability, but if vader gets to go again and abi blocks daka she can't do that.

When there is a full TM tie between two opposing characters, the one that got the bigger TM bonus from a unique or special should go first, instead of a coin flip, that should apply only in the cases when those two toons reached full TM from equal TM bonuses.

Why? because that would result in vader (the toon you're using) getting to go uninterrupted more often than not?
    Why not the toon who goes over 100% TM the most, or the toon that was closest to 100% TM for example?
    All 3 methods of determing who goes first in case of multiple toons at 100% TM benefit some toons more than others, so it's always going to be a nerf and buff at the same time if ea/cg ever chooses to implement any of the discussed methods.
    To give an example when the method you're proposing doesn't work in favour of your beloved empire:
    • rex uses "squad discipline" with loads of debuffs on his low TM team (all other team members under 20% TM) vs a high TM zeta palp lead team (all team members over 80% TM)
    • both teams will all have 100% TM
    • due to rex granting more tm than palp lead the entire rex team gets to go first
    Now i know rex isn't around anymore, but i'm only using him as an easy example. There are probably loads of other scenarios where the method you're proposing doesn't work in your favour. So be carefull what you wish for.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Boov wrote: »

FOO, Jyn and maybe more.

When there is a full TM tie between two opposing characters, the one that got the bigger TM bonus from a unique or special should go first, instead of a coin flip, that should apply only in the cases when those two toons reached full TM from equal TM bonuses.

Also, this comment kinda invalidates the whole "goes against the idea of the ability" argument.
  • Options
    This is a game with toons WAI. I don’t think they need to change vader seeing as how everyone else who gains or gives 100% through some ability has the same problem.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/