What characters have the most speed?

LunaMaat
154 posts Member
People keep taking about the "speed meta" here on the forum and how some are manipulating speed.

So I am wondering, what are the fastest characters and how are people manipulating speed for turn meter and order of which characters attack when?

If you could explain this in simple terms for me I'd be ever so grateful. :) Please bear with me. It takes me a while longer than some to catch up with the strategies and decipher the game lingo, since English is not my native language and I haven't really played these kinds of games besides this one.

Thanks! :D

Replies

• Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    For the overly simple answer see the stats here

http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

Higher numbers in speed are faster.

Those are the baseline. Some leaders, like qui gon jin give a bonus speed to their faction. You can look these up on the same website.

Many characters modify their own turn meters, their teams, or the opposing teams turn meters either individually or as a whole. These are usually tied to a particular character ability. The turn meter reduction can be resisted too, as far as i know.

For example stormtrooper han gives a boost to his whole team when he's damaged while taunting.

• Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11344/new-speed-ratings/p1

Here in this thread the poster added the leadership bonusses to all heroes.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Generally Dooku, Sid, GS, Yoda and QGJ (with self-lead) are considered fast because they'll go before most of your opponents (especially the big glass cannons like Rey and FOTP and the tanks like Poe and STH) and if you can neutralize 2 enemies before they move (eg stun QGJ and kill Rey) you've basically won the match.
  • LunaMaat
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, so let me see if I'm getting this right. So the higher the number for the speed the sooner the character will have a turn, whichever team they are on? So, in order to have a turn soon in the battle I need to have at least a couple of high speed characters like Sid?
  • Options
    LunaMaat wrote: »
    Ok, so let me see if I'm getting this right. So the higher the number for the speed the sooner the character will have a turn, whichever team they are on? So, in order to have a turn soon in the battle I need to have at least a couple of high speed characters like Sid?

Pretty much. Each hero has a speed stat, the higher the stat the faster he will move. For example I have Dooku (161) and Yoda (151) in my team, Dooku will always move before Yoda in this set up. The turnmeter fills up again and at 161 speed for Dooku and 151 speed for Yoda, so Dooku will move before Yoda again.

However if we add Qui Gon Jinn as leader (+23 speed) Yoda (151+23) will move before Dooku (161)
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yes that's basically it. However, gear affects speed level of characters. So if you unlock, level and star sid he still won't be as fast as a Sid with maxed out gear.

You can see a character in your rosters current stats by clicking the bar graph below them.

You can see your opponent's character stats in arena by clicking and holding the character you want then click the bar graph.
  • Options
    Thank you all! It's really helpful :) One more question: If my Sid is maxed out (which he is, except for one gear for agility) how come the opposing Sid almost always goes before mine? It happens even if we both have the same leader (Phasma) and mine is fully maxed aside from Victory March, that is lv 6 out of 7. Is it a rule of the Arena or just bad luck?

I find it confusing. I thought that perhaps I was doing something wrong or just the combination of my team wasn't good. Now I understand that it's slow, except for Sid and maybe Daka. I still don't get how it works Sid vs Sid. :/
  • Options

there is a good article about this stat that has been written up. the toons are on a system of speed at 1000 means they go then it gets -1000 and they go again when it hits 1000 . http://www.teaminstinct.net/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »

there is a good article about this stat that has been written up. the toons are on a system of speed at 1000 means they go then it gets -1000 and they go again when it hits 1000 . http://www.teaminstinct.net/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/

Read the edit at the very top of the article. It is depreciated.
  • Options
    Qleak wrote: »

It still seems to be roughly accurate in my play of the game since december... 1000 makes sense with how the rounds go. also explains the weir ratios of the blue turn meter. explains the RNG with two guys that hit 1000 at the same "round." Which parts do you feel are inaccurate?? It helped me kinda understand.

• Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Qleak wrote: »

It still seems to be roughly accurate in my play of the game since december... 1000 makes sense with how the rounds go. also explains the weir ratios of the blue turn meter. explains the RNG with two guys that hit 1000 at the same "round." Which parts do you feel are inaccurate?? It helped me kinda understand.

Speed tiers no longer exist. Hence the new speed meta.

No point in promoting how things used to work.

You could have at least acknowledged it was out of date when you posted it... did you know? The authors did :smile:
  • Options
    Is there a new explanation? Is the 1000 out the window? I thought the only speed changes was that speed now effects first round in ways it didn't before e.g. leadership and the Poe broken thing. Is there a new explanation of speed and how it is applied and how turn meter works mathematically? No I didn't realize it was wrong... I read it some weeks back and just linked to it... The meter still looks like a scale to 1000 and acts accordingly...
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Is there a new explanation? Is the 1000 out the window? I thought the only speed changes was that speed now effects first round in ways it didn't before e.g. leadership and the Poe broken thing. Is there a new explanation of speed and how it is applied and how turn meter works mathematically? No I didn't realize it was wrong... I read it some weeks back and just linked to it... The meter still looks like a scale to 1000 and acts accordingly...

It sounds like you have many questions here. You should probably start your own thread. I don't claim to have correct answers to all of your yes/no questions.
  • Options
    Thank you all! It's really helpful :) One more question: If my Sid is maxed out (which he is, except for one gear for agility) how come the opposing Sid almost always goes before mine? It happens even if we both have the same leader (Phasma) and mine is fully maxed aside from Victory March, that is lv 6 out of 7. Is it a rule of the Arena or just bad luck?

I find it confusing. I thought that perhaps I was doing something wrong or just the combination of my team wasn't good. Now I understand that it's slow, except for Sid and maybe Daka. I still don't get how it works Sid vs Sid. :/

Is your sid fully geared? Gear 8? Gear 8 gives sid another +11 speed.
    If your Sid and the opponents Sid are completely equal, it's a coinflip who'll go first.
  • Options
    Yes @Pindasauskanon Sid is fully geared (gear 8) except for the last gear slot for agility, not speed (it needs 50 hairdryers, so it takes time). He is also lv 70, 7* and abilities/attacks fully upgraded. I guess I must be very unlucky with the coinflips then, unless the total power is also a factor and the others have that last gear slot filled too. :/
  • Options
    Yes @Pindasauskanon Sid is fully geared (gear 8) except for the last gear slot for agility, not speed (it needs 50 hairdryers, so it takes time). He is also lv 70, 7* and abilities/attacks fully upgraded. I guess I must be very unlucky with the coinflips then, unless the total power is also a factor and the others have that last gear slot filled too. :/

Yes it is 50% change if two characters have the same speed.
  • Options

Looks like it :( We tend to remember the bad luck and forget the good luck. Maybe you can keep track for 10-20 battles. I stopped using Poe vs other Poe teams because I really hate that coin flip.