Any tips appreciated

I’m a returning player after playing a bit a few years ago, everything is new and it seems like my characters aren’t well equipped anymore. If people could just fill me in on what I should be doing to progress in the current state of the game. What heroes should I farm and what good teams can I put together with what I have. Thanks in advance.

Toons: https://swgoh.gg/p/717682992/characters/

Ships: https://swgoh.gg/p/717682992/ships/

Replies

• Options
    You have the workings of a semi-competent Jedi team, Jedi are now decent with one toon which you may want to farm, Bastila. With them you can also get Yoda, who is ridiculously easy to acquire at 7*.

Also maybe start work on Phoenix too IF you want Thrawn at some point, Ezra is a darn fine Jedi too.His damage output gets really high.

So I'd carry on with Jedi for now. You can chop and change composition as you go along.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    Figure out what you wanna do first.

If you want to get EP, Thrawn build up those teams.

GMY, jedi.

If you want to get C3PO, build up Ewoks.

Revan, old republic.

Chewbacca, bounty hunters.

Pick who you want and just concentrate on that.
  • Options
    So if I were to concentrate on a Jedi team which characters can I prioritize right now? I think I have to wait for events to get characters like yoda and bastilla. Will my toons be powerful enough to complete those events when they come? And how long does it take to get a max character from these events? because progression while I can’t really participate in any events rn seems really slow. Also when do these events come around? @FREEDOMfrom @Hellsteeth30
  • Options
    Agree with both of the above. I'd say go for the Jedi first, since you seem to have a great base for that already. The choose what you want to get first, like FREEDOMfrom said.

You also seem to be coming along nice for Commander Luke Skywalker. Maybe try to complete those toons after you like where your Jedi are at (Farmboy Luke, Princess Leia, Old Ben, Stormtrooper Han, and an empire team for R2).

Most beginner players (it seems) start on the Phoenix squad so they can get Thrawn and Palpatine, both of which are top tier characters.

Also don't forget about Rey Jedi Training, but her requirements take the longest out of any other Heroic/Legendary character, so maybe wait on that. Or start it now so you can finish the hardest one first haha. Like with CLS/R2, you already have three of the required characters unlocked (FOO, Cap Phasma, and FOTP) to get BB8, and Kylo Ren Unmasked is a great leader and has maybe the second best node in the game (you get his ship AND his shard, his ship is very, very good).

So if you break down what I just said haha:

1. Finish Jedi including Bastilla Shan and Ezra, which will allow you to get GMY and help towards having a solid Revan
    2. Finish requirements for CLS/R2
    3. Finish Phoenix Squad for Palp/Thrawn (you already have a 7* Ezra at this point)
    4. Decide whether you want to take the painful journey to RJT. If yes, commence. If no, you have the makings of a good Revan team with GMY, Bastilla, and Ezra, so why not just start farming the rest of the Old Republic for Revan (who, unlike CLS and RJT, does not require you to get a droid first by farming a completely different faction).

Other helpful tips:

1. Don't underestimate a good First Order squad. The First Order Executioner combined with both Kylo's and a lot of speed is a nightmare.
    2. Nightsister's will give you headaches in many situations. Prepare for it, or join it by having a bomb Nightsister team.
    3. The biggest thing that helped me was finding a good guild. Find one that you can participate in Heroic raids with. You probably won't be able to get in a guild that does the Heroic Sith Raid as many of them have extra requirements, but you should be able to find one that does both the Heroic Pit and AAT. My guild does and just got rid of a bunch of people who are not playing the game anymore, so you can join ours of you'd like. Search Fathers of Fury.
    4. To enjoy this game, you don't have to be at the top level, or even take part in whatever is the "meta." I don't, and I have a blast, and do fairly well for being "mostly" F2P.
    5. Enjoy the forums. weed through all the complaints and you'll find some golden nuggets on here.

Thanks for reading my speech.
  • Options
    You can also switch numbers 2 and 3. If you do that, you'll have 7* Thrawn and Palp ready for the R2 event. Kinda kills two birds out of five with one stone haha.
  • Options
    @trevyclause thanks so much for all the info. I’m basically a complete noob rn so I’m pretty overwhelmed. Looks like I got quite a bit of work ahead of me.
  • Options
    @camguy22 everyone exept those who drop tons of money on this game have a lot of work to do. I made the mistake and never farmed the Phoenix squad for Thrawn, and so I basically have to farm a whole rebel team for a second time instead of doing it once with Phoenix and getting both Palp and Thrawn. I just started like a week ago, and have had to move store currency away from getting gear to farming Phoenix instead, which has been a little bit of a bummer.

Besides, they keep introducing so many new characters that it's very difficult to keep up with it. So just relax and play how you want to play. We will all get there eventually, and when we do finally finish something we have been striving for, it feels so good. When I finally finished RJT, that was probably the best moment in the game so far for me, and I've been playing since the beginning (with a year or so break in '16-'17). Of course, that will change when they get around to releasing a Dark Side Anakin... That will be awesome.
  • Options
    Camguy22 wrote: »
    So if I were to concentrate on a Jedi team which characters can I prioritize right now? I think I have to wait for events to get characters like yoda and bastilla. Will my toons be powerful enough to complete those events when they come? And how long does it take to get a max character from these events? because progression while I can’t really participate in any events rn seems really slow. Also when do these events come around? @FREEDOMfrom @Hellsteeth30

You have to wait for an event to unlock Grandmaster Yoda, but you can start farming Bastila right now if you make it to her node in the Dark Side battles (which should be doable with your current roster without putting any additional work into your DS toons). I think she's the single best addition to your roster at this point. She'll greatly improve your arena team, help you get GM Yoda, and make the Galactic War a lot easier.

Based on your characters, I'd personally go with Qui-Gon, Old Ben, Luminara and Ahsoka under a Bastila lead. Consular or Windu instead of Ahsoka would work too if you're strapped for resources and don't want to level her up at the moment. For the fleet arena, you might want to work on a tank. You've already unlocked Biggs and Clone Sergeant. Either one works, but Biggs is arguably the better choice. And the Tie Fighter Pilot is very useful in Empire teams later, so if you star up any pilot in addition to JC and Biggs, I'd focus on him.