JTR or Chewbacca?

Pretty self-explanatory. I have 5 bounty hunters at 7* but nowhere near being ready for the Chewie event. I haven't really started on First Order or Resistance but they should come quick once I start. What do you guys think would make the most sense with what I got?

https://swgoh.gg/p/743581393/characters/

Replies

• Options
    It depends on what you plan to do with them when you get them. Considering you haven't started your vets and don't have BB8, I think you're closer on Chewbacca. You could always farm the shards for JTR while gearing your BHs.
  • Options
    Gearing BHs for Chewy
    Farming Vets.
  • Options
    komji15 wrote: »
    Gearing BHs for Chewy
    Farming Vets.

Do this
  • Options
    komji15 wrote: »
    Gearing BHs for Chewy
    Farming Vets.

Do this

Awesome, thanks. I've seen a lot of people saying that JTR takes too much time to get. I know she is worth it once you have her but should I be focusing more on Ewoks right now for C3PO than on farming vets?
  • Options
    I guess it's also hard to answer that until we know how good 3PO is and what he will be used for but just looking for opinions.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Your ewoks are nonexistent at the moment, so you're not getting 3P0 this go around anyway. I'd focus on whatever you can be ready for the soonest, which in this instance is definitely Chewbacca. Plus a strong bounty hunter team will serve you well in other areas too.

JTR does take a crazy amount of time to get, owing to the brutal vet farms and needing a whole FO team for BB8, but a Resistance team under her is indispensable for raids and does alright in PVP too.

Whatever you pick, pick that thing and stick with it. It's easy to fall into the trap of constantly changing focus based on whatever event is coming up, and what ends up happening is you don't complete any of them.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Babyhewy wrote: »
    I guess it's also hard to answer that until we know how good 3PO is and what he will be used for but just looking for opinions.

There's probably no way to het your ewoks ready in time anyway short of making it rain in cash.

Whether to focus on them for the return of 3PO or do Rey first depends on the kit and your goals.

If I were you, I'd gear bhs first for cjewie. You can farm vets for Rey or ewoks while you do this. Though I'd farm OR first. Not quite as hard a farm as jtr and I think you get more with getting revan next time than with jtr. Both do good dmg in hstr and other raids but revan is much better in arena, tw, and ga. It's a gamble either way. Revan may come back too soon and you won't be ready but the same could happen for jtr.

Bhs aren't hard to gear so I think you have time to gear them regardless of your farming choices for the next legendary.
  • Options
    @Babyhewy the question should be which one do you want the most?

Answer that and you answer the one you should concentrate on, if you pick up anything else along the way then it’s a bonus
  • Options

There's probably no way to het your ewoks ready in time anyway short of making it rain in cash.

Whether to focus on them for the return of 3PO or do Rey first depends on the kit and your goals.

If I were you, I'd gear bhs first for cjewie. You can farm vets for Rey or ewoks while you do this. Though I'd farm OR first. Not quite as hard a farm as jtr and I think you get more with getting revan next time than with jtr. Both do good dmg in hstr and other raids but revan is much better in arena, tw, and ga. It's a gamble either way. Revan may come back too soon and you won't be ready but the same could happen for jtr.

Bhs aren't hard to gear so I think you have time to gear them regardless of your farming choices for the next legendary.

Yeah I'm sitting pretty good on OR. I have all of them at gear 10 and Bastilla at gear level 12. I just need to get a the last few to 7* but I should get there in about a month. If i stay where I'm at on gear will that be enough to get Revan? I do plan on getting Jolee Bindo to gear level 12 once I get Revan too.
  • Options

Yeah I'm sitting pretty good on OR. I have all of them at gear 10 and Bastilla at gear level 12. I just need to get a the last few to 7* but I should get there in about a month. If i stay where I'm at on gear will that be enough to get Revan? I do plan on getting Jolee Bindo to gear level 12 once I get Revan too.

the gear req for revan are low. some did it with g7 so g8 to be safe and it should be a cakewalk. Though gearing bastilla and jolee to g12 to use with him would be wise.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget to farm Dengar as well, while gearing BH and farming FO/veterans. Dengar is essential for rank 6 and rank 7 Chewie.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Don't forget to farm Dengar as well, while gearing BH and farming FO/veterans. Dengar is essential for rank 6 and rank 7 Chewie.

I've seen this by multiple people now. Is it going to be pretty much impossible to get Chewie without Dengar or if I get bounty hunters all to gear 12 will I be fine? I have boba, bossk, ig88, greedo & bane. Ideally I want embo & dengar to replace ig88 & bane but that's gonna be awhile.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Dengar (with RNG) prevents R2 from putting everyone else in stealth. It's waaaaaaaaaaay harder without that stealth immunity.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

I've seen this by multiple people now. Is it going to be pretty much impossible to get Chewie without Dengar or if I get bounty hunters all to gear 12 will I be fine? I have boba, bossk, ig88, greedo & bane. Ideally I want embo & dengar to replace ig88 & bane but that's gonna be awhile.

The issue is that you really need to kill Chewie ASAP or he'll tear your team apart, and the first thing R2D2 will do is stealth him. The only way to prevent that (since they all get a pre-loaded turn) is to have Dengar on your team, since a stealthed Dengar prevents any enemies gaining Stealth, and he gains it just by getting hit.

Without him, it's probably technically possible but I think you'd need to have everyone at G12+ with great mods, and still pray to RNGesus to survive the initial murder-barrage.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png