Poe Dameron vs. Boba Fett vs. First Order Officer

StirringOwl
34 posts Member
edited December 2015
I have just recently begun farming Boba Fett from the cantina (11/85 shards) however with this new update I was wondering whether I should be farming for Poe Dameron instead. Both have there benefits and would make great tanks for my team, however I was wondering whether Poe damerons taunt+expose would make him better than boba Fett and his ability block. Let me know what you guys think below. [Edit] From what I gather most of you agree that boba is better in the long term than Poe Dameron, however I have just realized the First order officer is also in this cantina shipments. Which would you guys prefer out the three. Hope to hear your feedback as myself, and many others will be saving cantina credits until we get a good answer as to which is best :)
Post edited by StirringOwl on

Replies

• Options
    Both Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, along with the rest of the bundle are still untested. I've been checking SWGOHCantina to see if they update the Player Stats chart to get a much better handle on their stats and what they can do for my game.

If you want to be safe, do as I am doing. I stalled buying the shards for now but continue to build credits regardless. Both Dameron and Phasma are in Galactic shipments. If you are building anyone from Galactic, you may want to hold up their progress for a week or so when other wealthy players impulse buy them and upgrade them and speak of it in the forum, along with your experiences playing against those characters in Arena....
  • Options
    I want to know. I just got my Ct-5555. I wondering which one is better for tank?

CT-5555 Five or Poe Dameron.
  • Options
    Han still manipulates the turn meter more, but poes expose is looking really good.
  • Options
    I like the Expose on Poe, he dies fast though. He is useful in GW only as a later round use him to expose and draw fire while your quickly torch a few opponents down.
  • Options
    For arena specifically ... Dameron versus Fives versus Fett. They compete for cantina shipments of course. I was going to go with fives (already 20/50) after I get daka (69/80) but not so sure now with Dameron in the mix.
  • Options
    Poe is not good at all at least at level 49 gear level 6 and 3 points in each skill other than leader ability. His HP are not that high and his damage is worse than chewbacca. He has a nice taunt which exposes. Others have said it doesn't work well but it hits 4/5 characters regularly for me. Taunt followed by aoe is the most ridiculous TOTAL damage you will ever see.... All 80% mitigated by one average heal.

He is exceedingly lackluster and really has no viable slot on any team. He can't tank due to how easily he's burned down. He has no defense up buffs, hp recovery, or other damage mitigation ability, and though the expose is nice... It would be better if you could do it withOUT the taunt. You hit taunt with him you are going to waste the heal trying to save him and keep him up for it to come back around.... Now maybe in Arena if you load up with three glass cannons who can take out 2-3 opposing characters in 1.5 turns.... Because quite honestly this tank has a tough time surviving his own taunt. His damage is pitiful. I wasted 200 crystals a ton of trainers, and 450k to find out he is meh... Hopefully you guys learn from my mistake.... Unless you are on my server.... In which case Poe is incredible. He needs to be a mandatory member of every team alongside Ewok scout.
  • Options
    Greeboy wrote: »
    Poe is not good at all at least at level 49 gear level 6 and 3 points in each skill other than leader ability. His HP are not that high and his damage is worse than chewbacca. He has a nice taunt which exposes. Others have said it doesn't work well but it hits 4/5 characters regularly for me. Taunt followed by aoe is the most ridiculous TOTAL damage you will ever see.... All 80% mitigated by one average heal.

He is exceedingly lackluster and really has no viable slot on any team. He can't tank due to how easily he's burned down. He has no defense up buffs, hp recovery, or other damage mitigation ability, and though the expose is nice... It would be better if you could do it withOUT the taunt. You hit taunt with him you are going to waste the heal trying to save him and keep him up for it to come back around.... Now maybe in Arena if you load up with three glass cannons who can take out 2-3 opposing characters in 1.5 turns.... Because quite honestly this tank has a tough time surviving his own taunt. His damage is pitiful. I wasted 200 crystals a ton of trainers, and 450k to find out he is meh... Hopefully you guys learn from my mistake.... Unless you are on my server.... In which case Poe is incredible. He needs to be a mandatory member of every team alongside Ewok scout.

I'm also the same level and got him the same gear. I pretty much feel the same way. I want to like him and star him up, but I'd have to stop working on Boba stars.