Saw Gerrera Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited December 2018
rrcil4a0iz50.png
Saw Gerrera
Light Side, Attacker, Galactic Republic, Rebel

Brutal Blow Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy twice, with a 50% to inflict offense down for 2 turns on the first hit and tenacity down for 2 turns on the second hit. These chances are doubled on a critical hit and Saw gains foresight for 2 turns if both attacks are critical.

Save the Dream Special 1: Deal physical damage to target enemy and call target ally to assist. In addition, dispel all buffs from the target, and for each buff dispelled, remove 25% turn meter and reduce their max health by 5% (raid bosses: reduce speed by 5%). Then grant target ally turn meter equal to the amount removed and protection up equal to the amount of reduced max health for 3 turns. This attack can’t be evaded or resisted. (Cooldown 3)

Leader of the Partisans Leader: All allies gain +20% offense and critical chance for each debuff they are suffering. When they suffer or resist a debuff, they recover health equal to 8% of Saw’s max health. Empire enemies have -50% max protection. ZETA: Also recover protection equal to 8% of Saw’s max health. Allies below 100% health gain 30% critical avoidance.

Extremist Unique: At the start of each encounter and whenever he scores a critical hit, Saw gains 15% turn meter and offense up for 2 turns. All buffed allies gain offense up for 2 turns whenever Saw gains a buff. While Saw is active, dark side enemies can’t gain defensive buffs, and Empire enemies have -50% defense.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Overall I really like this kit. But I do have some issues with it. mostly with his basic and special.

First Brutal Blow: You inflict debuffs and double the chance when both attacks are critical. But aren't the debuffs inflicted on the hits? how is the game supposed to process that. and why the 2 hits? I think making the ability like this would be a bit better:

Brutal Blow basic: Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice, with a 50% Chance to inflict Tenacity down for 2 turns on the first hit, and a 50% Chance to inflict Offence Down on the second hit. These chances are doubled on a Critical Hit. If both attacks are a Critical Hit, Saw gains Foresight and Speed Up for 2 turns.
    This way the basic uses the fact that it attacks twice to its fullest. (I added speed up to make the double crit really worth it but that can be anything really, just my first idea)

Then Save the Dream: this one is just weirdly designed. First of all, why the 30% Damage penalty? It only calls a single ally to assist. In the game ability's like that don't have damage penalty's. just look at ezra's "watch and learn" or jolee's "eh, you do it". Ability's that call multiple assists usually have a damage reduction (general kenobi and revan for example).
    Secondly, why does the ability call an assist. there is nothing beneficial for them in it. kinda weird. also the ability is worded a bit confusingly. but that can be fixed easily. I think this would be a bit better:

Save the Dream Special 1: Dispel all buffs from target enemy and call target ally to assist. For each buff dispelled this way, remove 20% Turn Meter from target enemy and reduce their Max Health by 5%. Then, grant target ally Turn Meter equal to the amount of Turn Meter removed and Bonus Protection equal to the amount of Max Health reduced. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted. (cooldown 3)

This way the ally benefits greatly as well. You basically give the target ally what you take from the target enemy. (Increasing ally's max health doesn't synergies with the leadership, hence the bonus protection)

The leadership and unique are just awesome thou. Nothing to say there.

Great job as always
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on