Changing Apple ID Email

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere and I haven't found it, but I wanted to post my own case largely for reassurance. I play on an iPad under an Apple ID that is my work email address. Very recently I have accepted a new position and it will be a matter of time before I no longer have access to my work email. I don't want there to be any future issues since I've been playing for a year now.

My plan is to change/update the email account to a personal email account and never worry about this again. It is my thought that this is not a case of wanting to transfer my SWGoH account to an all-together new account, but rather a case of updating the primary email address of my current Apple ID that my SWGoH account is linked with.

Essentially, my current Apple ID is work@email.com, which is also what is being used for Game Center. If I go through Apple's steps to change my Apple ID from work@email.com to personal@email.com, will I still have full access to my Game Center and SWGoH account?

Has anyone done this before and did it work?

Replies

• Options
    I haven't done it, and it shouldn't cause a problem, but I would check with AnswersHQ just to be sure. The game is linked to your apple id, not your email address. Updating your email address doesn't change your id, just your login information.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I haven't done it, and it shouldn't cause a problem, but I would check with AnswersHQ just to be sure. The game is linked to your apple id, not your email address. Updating your email address doesn't change your id, just your login information.

This is correct as far as I understand it and also is very good idea to verify through Answers HQ or EAHelp that this is correct.
  • Options
    Thank you, both! That is my understanding; I'm essentially changing the username of my account, but I'll try verifying this with those you've mentioned and update here for anyone in the future facing a similar situation.