Can't attack?

Ok, I get it that my defences got wiped out... But why can't I attack? It seems that my opponent does not show any defence so there is nothing to attack.

Perhaps the best defence is no defence at all??

TsawassenSteve
161-263-413

ocmpn0r3vzzf.png

Replies

• Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    You need to post your ally code over at

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

Same thing is happening to thousands of others.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Erm...doesn't that just mean they didn't set any D?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

No because the square are red and haven't been grayed out and no points have been awarded to the other player.
  • Options
    I posted on the other site... Thanks!

It seems that many are exploiting this bug and not setting defence, so they can attack with impunity.

TsawwassenSteve
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

No because the square are red and haven't been grayed out and no points have been awarded to the other player.

I don't understand what you're saying here.

If you lose your territories they get grayed out. If you set nothing, they're still red because they haven't been lost.

And if you don't set D you don't get points.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    You do get points without setting a defence. THAT is the bug.
    ...it allows the player to attack with impunity, with no ability for the other player to strike back (you can't attack someone with no defensive squads)
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

I don't understand what you're saying here.

If you lose your territories they get grayed out. If you set nothing, they're still red because they haven't been lost.

And if you don't set D you don't get points.

Look at the red squares. There's no defenses there. That's the bug. Those empty red squares are suppose to be gray and award banners to the blue player. This is a known bug and happened to me and was like this for the last 20 hours until just now when they fixed it for me.

You can look at the EA bug reports website (link posted above) or look in the forum archives where kyno has deleted all of these posts.There's dozens of posts related to this exact problem.
  • Options
    p2d87rdbnxw8.png
    Yeah definitely a bug. My opponent set no defense and I got points. Mine looks right
  • Options
    EA Carrie said they are fixing this for anyone who's submitted a bug report to EA Bug Report website. They aren't looking at this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a65iog/grand_arena_defense_issue_need_upvotes_to_get_dev/ebsjgic/

If you want this fixed, you need to submit your ally code to the EA Bug Report web site at

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en
  • J24kilates
    342 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I got 1729 banners last round for clearing my enemy. My next opponent didn't set defenses, his zones are greyed out and i got 1333 banners. What about if clear my side and get more banners than i was given?
    I think they should be players 100% of the points, so the opponent has no chance of winning if they don't set defenses.
  • Options

It seems that many are exploiting this bug and not setting defence, so they can attack with impunity.

TsawwassenSteve

......That's not how it works lol, If you don't set defense, it's counted as a defeat and the attacker gets the points.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    RushGotti wrote: »

TsawwassenSteve

......That's not how it works lol, If you don't set defense, it's counted as a defeat and the attacker gets the points.

No. That's how it's suppose to work. When they did the auto-defense patch, it screwed it up for everybody and they had to do a second patch to unscrew up the first patch.

If I hadn't given them my ally code, I would have lost because my opponent didn't have any defenses and beat some of my squads - but the auto-deploy screwed up the code that **should have** given me banners for no defenses, but it didn't. So I only had the base points for setting defenses and they beat my squads to get more points, but I couldn't attack back and I didn't get any banners for their no defenses - until EA help desk fixed it.

It was a major screw up on CG's part.
  • Options
    Commander, I understand. I quoted the wrong person by accident, I meant to quote TVF who said it was normal.
  • Options
    Depablo wrote: »
    p2d87rdbnxw8.png
    Yeah definitely a bug. My opponent set no defense and I got points. Mine looks right

Same thing happened to me and I got the win.