Any GA tips?

So I lost my first ga due to not having enough squads to field 6 teams should I emphasize defense for the win. Beat a revan when I put arena in front and pheonix .

my arena was safe went for Phoenix won by 30. I run ships so my GP is about equal on both sides I’m usually down by 100-200k in characters as a result and with only one ship zone it leads to disadvantage even though my ships will hold well.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Not enough teams? Anyone with your GP can field 6 teams. It's only a matter of finding the balance between offense and defense, checking out your opponent's roster and selecting your strategy.

If you want more specific help, please link your swgoh.gg profile.
  • Options
    Well my gp is in a range were teams included characters I’m farming for events u have to understand I have more gp in ships then toons to c the advantage of players that r lacking in ships.

Could have I guess took out bounty hunters with arena. And then c if a collection of fleet captains can get through bastila lead zeta but other that no bad decisions. Think I over estimate zbastila because I’m used to having to fight arena ones that counter my team lol.
  • Options
    No I can field them they r just automatic wins bad defense. I get down to 30k teams best defense I can go is 80k arena sith then 66k Phoenix smh. But I think it works so going to try it this time. Just probably won’t get threw all zones but at least I’ll get to ships.
  • Options
    To your specific situation of having a strong fleet and weak squad roster. You could try to put strong defenses on the bottom and weaker ones in front of the fleet. You keep a few strong offense teams. Your ideal situation would be that you can clear the squads in front of opponent fleet and their fleet. While they clear the squads in front of your fleet, can’t clear your fleet and turn around to try and clear the other front squads.
    You take the advantage fleet wise, and squad wise your opponent has to beat more squads than you to make it 2-2. From there you do what you can and hope for the best.
    If they ignore the fleet side they still have to go through more squads than you (plus it will be your best) so either way it’s the best you can do.

Just an idea, i’m no expert^^
  • Options
    Yeah I put my arena on top opposite of fleet and Phoenix on top of fleet. My fleet held up with 2 fights and it’s a backup fleet. I guess the don’t require more because only 4 capitals.

Will save my main fleet most will put better fleet since they have less Fleet power to work with will go defense route. I have arena protection my easy win team but they will go for Phoenix like in tw lol.
  • Options
    I have put B teams on D with 2 A- teams in back. My best teams I save for O.

You dont get points for defensive wins. Only for offense. So save your arena teams, CLS, JTR, Sith, Finn for O. I have g9 B teams with leader zeta Bastilla, FO, Savage, Troopers for D. If they win 1-2 times on D you reduce your enemy's possible points.
  • Options
    I think u r right in future pulling my Phoenix from defense to put on offense unless I get a revan with a advantage on my arena just saving what I need to get through the zones.
  • Options
    I like to put teams on defense that can regenerate protection, such as phoenix, zBossk, zKRU etc. If they can't beat the team on first try they might just help it heal on the next try. When I can finally focus on NS I'd put them on defense too. Offense I can use zVader, zPalp or zThrawn lead with various sith and empire toons.
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    So I lost my first ga due to not having enough squads to field 6 teams should I emphasize defense for the win. Beat a revan when I put arena in front and pheonix .

I have been working on my 6 teams: 3 offense 3 defense.
    First, do you have teams you are developing to get a toon with?
    Have 1 defense team you think your opponent would need their arena team with.
    Your other defenses should be thought out enough to be challenging enough to make your opponent use up their non-arena good characters.
    Save your arena team for offense unless it is really good at defending.