Auto-Setting Defense

Okay, so I'm more-or-less happy with how my defense worked out (all my teams fell on my opponent's first attempt, but my defenses apparently did a lot of protection & health damage because I was pretty nicely ahead even before I trashed their fleet territory and they spent all their capital ships banging their head against my Hound's Tooth).

So ... I want to keep the exact same teams on defense. As I understand it, there's an auto-set defense feature for Rounds 2 & 3, but there's no button, I don't do anything, it just happens by itself at the end of the setup phase.

This is correct, right? Everything I've seen says this is correct - that I just shouldn't touch the setup phase at all - but I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous with those blank territories there.

Just looking for reassurance that I'm doing the right thing so that on the off chance I am messing something up, I still have time to do something different before setup phase is over.

Thanks everyone.

Replies

• Options
    Theoretically, yes, that's correct. However, we've already had multiple bugs with the auto-fill features and we've yet to have a second round in a GA. I would absolutely not rely on auto-fill to duplicate your defense. The auto-fill won't happen until the set-up phase ends so you won't have any chance to fix it. You'd be much better off just setting your defenses....not like it takes long.
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    Also, the auto deploy sets toons from best down, not in any specific teams. Like this was the auto deployed teams from my last round...
    csjs684g9nlg.png
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    New metas right there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @Gannon

The auto-set feature for Round1 is different from the way auto-set operates if you manually set a defense in Round1 and then do not set a defense in Round 2 or 3.

In later rounds, it uses whatever defense you set in the previous round - and only if you did not manually set a defense in the previous round does it assign toons in the way you're talking about.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    Options
    So ... I want to keep the exact same teams on defense. As I understand it, there's an auto-set defense feature for Rounds 2 & 3, but there's no button, I don't do anything, it just happens by itself at the end of the setup phase. ...
    Exactly what I wanted to do as well. Just do nothing and get the same defense like in round 1.
    Only now did I notice SBCrumbs post https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190075/grand-arena-auto-deploy-issues.
    Hi Holotable Heroes,
    We are aware of an issue with auto-deploy defense causing some client to not be able to see Grand Arena running and potentially not able to log into the game. We are launching a patch to temporarily remove auto-deploy from Grand Arena while we fix the issue. This means you may experience some opponents that did not deploy any units for this event. We will continue to investigate and keep you up to date on the issues.
    If i didn't get this terribly wrong, that's another astounding move by CG. No ingame notification for emergency disabling such a crucial feature? It's just 4h left and I found that announcement more by coincidence, which seems to have saved me from walking into the next round with empty territories.
    So @MasterSeedy definitely set your defense manually!
    I really feel for all those fellow players who don't visit the forums in time and will wake up to a nasty surprise.
  • Options
    This is exactly the kind of thing for which I started this thread.

I should have taken a pic of how I set my defense the first time... I **mostly** remember, but not perfectly. Now I guess I'll have to reconstruct it.

Thank you SO MUCH @vksg

And, EA/CG: Yeah. This is EXACTLY the type of thing for which an in-game notification is required. What do you think is the percentage of players that actually reads the forums?

Sheesh.
  • Options
    This is exactly the kind of thing for which I started this thread.

I should have taken a pic of how I set my defense the first time... I **mostly** remember, but not perfectly. Now I guess I'll have to reconstruct it.

Thank you SO MUCH @vksg

And, EA/CG: Yeah. This is EXACTLY the type of thing for which an in-game notification is required. What do you think is the percentage of players that actually reads the forums?

Sheesh.

I posted earlier in the week, that I elected not to set defenses the second they were available, and used an hour or so, to create squad tabs for GA defense, and GA offense. Then set them.

Although similar to TW, there were a few more that I created, since you can scope out your opponent before setting them.

In game notifications are great, but since it's a global game, someone will always miss out. Just set your defences when you're ready, and never be disappointed.
  • Options
    I forgot to place defense and the game placed the worst defense possible with my best characters9wne51rohv8r.png